FTM

Arione-like (not another thread about) saddles?

I know, everybody's behind is different and saddles are personal. True, and my a$$ personally loves the Arione. Have it on my road and cross bikes but had to remove it from my mountain bike because of the pointy back catching my bibs at in opportune times, when riding behind the saddle.

I am currently using a Fizik Gobi and, while not bad, it's not great. I have a couple extra Ariones lying around and am contemplating some modification/butchery. Before I do that, however, I am wondering if any of you could suggest a saddle that fits similarly but without the pointy rear and one that, hopefully, will let me shed some serious grams. Comfort first but If I could drop 50-100 grams or more, bonus.

mtbr member
    2009 fizik tundra, very similar to the arione shape but made for mtb. I just ordered one last week and will let you know how it compares to my arione. Weight is a claimed 199g for the carbon railed version.

http://www.fizik.it/catalog.aspx?subid=Tundra_braided

FTM
    I have had my eye on the Tundra. Have fun testing it and come back with a report after breaking it in.