mtbr member

Anyone using a Tioga Spyder saddle?

Your thoughts and observations on comfort and reliability? The Tioga web site says you should replace them every year. Are they really that flimsy/ fragile?

mtbr member
    From what i've heard they can break pretty easy. I like the look of them though, and tried one once and it seemed pretty comfortable. If you are a fairly lightweight rider i'm sure you'd have no problems. Quite keen on saddles now without padding after stripping my WTB, much easier to slide back/forth on the seat when it gets wet/muddy.

mtbr member
    I only know one person who had used the saddle, but he had no problems with durability. Found it pretty comfortable too. 140-145gr is a bit heavy though, maybe if they did a version with ti rails... :-).

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The rails are a Ti/Vanadium alloy. I have been using one for about 3 months now. I like it. I have not yet broken it. I'm 210 lbs with gear. Its comfortable enough for me. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort though for the weight savings. Its just as comfortable as my old Flite Ti.

That's right....
    im currently on my second one. as you can see in the pic the first time i had it mounted it was too far back and i ended up bending a rail (it was definately my fault for mounting outside of the recommended area) in an event Tioga sent me a fresh one and their CS was commercially acceptable.
    i like mine alot. @ 144g its pretty light, its looks very sharp and i find it to be quite comfortable compared to SLRs, older flights, and the WTB shadow-V (all great saddles btw) with gear im about 170lb and i can ride this saddle for hours w/o any comfort problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    im currently on my second one. as you can see in the pic the first time i had it mounted it was too far back and i ended up bending a rail (it was definately my fault for mounting outside of the recommended area) in an event Tioga sent me a fresh one and their CS was commercially acceptable.
    i like mine alot. @ 144g its pretty light, its looks very sharp and i find it to be quite comfortable compared to SLRs, older flights, and the WTB shadow-V (all great saddles btw) with gear im about 170lb and i can ride this saddle for hours w/o any comfort problems.
    How did you get a hold of Tioga? I couldn't find any contact info on their site.
    Mine broke at the "web" after about three months. I weigh 135lbs.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

That's right....
    call after 1pm eastern time @ 888 GO-TIOGA
    just ask for Tioga when you call cuz theyre part of a parent company that answers the phone by the name of "import sports USA" or something like...

Category Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    call after 1pm eastern time @ 888 GO-TIOGA
    just ask for Tioga when you call cuz theyre part of a parent company that answers the phone by the name of "import sports USA" or something like...
    Thanks
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the feedback.