mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Anyone know of a 27.2 post that works with Phenom Pro saddle?

The specialized site specifies that their oversized 7x9mm carbon rails are not compatible with seatposts equipped with side-load clamp mechanisms for 7mm round rails.

Specialized carbon post is not available in 27.2 so I am looking for another post.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Mark Farnsworth, Raleigh, NC
    http://farnsworthbikes.com

ups and downs
    Lots of choices for vertical clamp seatposts: Easton EC90, FSA SL-K, Salsa Pro-Moto, Syncros, Syntace, Thomson, U.S.E, and Woodman.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I have the Henge Pro, I'm sure yours is similar. The CF tubing is oval shaped, picture a circle cut in half horizontally then pulled apart up / down.

OK crappy explanation but - any post that clamps from the top & bottom will work. Which seems to be the vast majority of what I've come across. Syntace P6 will work, it's what I have, and it's CF if that's what you're looking for.

Just an FYI, forgive me if you already know this, but CF seats and posts are really diminishing returns on your money. My Henge Pro was something like 50-60 grams less weight than the stock Rival. For $130 bucks or so it was really not worth it, I would not do it again. The CF seatpost dropped around 100 grams for me, for a little less than $100. Maybe / maybe not worth it. I probably wouldn't do it again. Wheels and tires on the other hand - for about $600 I saved about 3lbs rotational weight (used but great shape Stan's Crest and Maxxis Ikons). If you haven't done that yet - forget the seat and post and start there.

And of course if you've already done the wheels, then carry on...