mtbr member
    Jan 2004

anybody tried the bontrager jones acx 2.1 tyres @ 460 grms?

has anybody tried the bonty jones acx 2.1 @ 460 grms tyres yet ? what is your impression of these tyres?

Recovering couch patato
    In 29x2.2" I find them slow rolling, but very much a match for the 26" Big Jims in terms of grip. Especialty : loose gravel over hardpack. Weak : sand. Decent : wet mud.

Was my favorite front tire util the XR came along.

Can't say much about the 26x2.1 for you, but a friend rides them everywhere, front and rear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marco
    has anybody tried the bonty jones acx 2.1 @ 460 grms tyres yet ? what is your impression of these tyres?

i've used them and they're very squirmy, due to the very thin sidewall. even at 40-50 psi, the tire is totally sketchy when hitting switchbacks and such. stay away. stay far far away.

heckler
    Quote Originally Posted by marco
    had the UST versions (2.2's i think, and definitely not 460g weight), not as grippy as the Panaracer XC Fire Pro's but they shed mud better then the Panaracers

had to run them at low pressure (20psi-ish) to get the rear to stick - so they didn't last on flinty welsh mountains
    Mythic Spitfire/Lynskey 29er/Orange 5/Turner Sultan/Cotic Soul/Brodie Ti Holeshot/GF Ferrous/Cotic Roadrat

Members who have read this thread: 0