mtbr member
    May 2005

Alligator iLinks Shift vs. Brake?

Lookijng at discription it seems the only difference is housing length and number of frame stops provided with that.

Does the diameter of housing the same between those? I just can find only brake set in the color I want
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

banned

details...

Quote Originally Posted by Stalk
    Lookijng at discription it seems the only difference is housing length and number of frame stops provided with that.

Does the diameter of housing the same between those? I just can find only brake set in the color I want
    the outer housing is the same, the inner liner is the same.
    the only difference are the cablestops and inner wire.you need some of those cablestops for each set as they are linked together with the housing. they have different diameters to fit cablestops on frames and to fit v-brakes. that little plastic-bag contains different endcaps in either shift- or brake-sets.

drop me a line if you can't find what you need
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Thanks Nino.

At this point with Euro to USD ratio its hard to get anything from EU (except Shimano for some reason). I'v got PricePoint seeling iLinks for $45 per set, the only issue is that Gold color they have only for Brake sets. But seems its not an issue, since I can always tinker a bit with frame stops and the inner cables I already have with shifters.

Come to think of, since I will be running V-brakes and 1x9 I would get plenty of housing to cover it all.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

Members who have read this thread: 0