Giant Anthem Rider

Aireon Team SL ... Broken

Here's my Aireon Team race with its rails broken. This happened today...road riding. I had the slicks on the bike and doing some training. Kind of dissapointing because I've never broken rails before. I shouldn't be surprised, I only paid 20 something dollars for it at Supergo. I guess you get what you pay for! Oh and it was 198gms, a little over weight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    bent the rails on mine after 9months of hard riding. I am happy with how it lasted considering the price.

FWI I now am using a SLR which is even better and weigh only 55kg.

ballbuster

wow, that sucks

I'm still running mine, and it's just fine after a year and a half. It may have something to do with being an FS bike, and recently moved to my roadie which doesn't get much use.

They probably didn't do a great job of bending the rails into shape. Sharp bends done on a not-so-good bender may have left the Ti rails brittle.

I also have the vented race saddle on my rigid SS bike. It gets pretty well beated on. No issues there either.

mtbr member

Haven't had any problems...

...but then again I'm relatively light (165lbs) and ride full suspension. I've had mine for about a year-and-a-half. I'll keep an eye on it though.