Thread: Aireon saddles

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Aireon saddles

I know some of you ride these. Anybody had one for long enough to know how tough they are? I ride XC, some rocky streambeds and small (2') on-trail drops (and those awful national forest circa 1940-design trail steps!)

Thanks

Ransomed
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty
    I know some of you ride these. Anybody had one for long enough to know how tough they are? I ride XC, some rocky streambeds and small (2') on-trail drops (and those awful national forest circa 1940-design trail steps!)

Thanks
    3 months w/ my prolite & no problems. The 'leather' is cheap as hell & wears fast - so it looks like s&%t - but what did I expect for $30?

MTBR Tool

Second that

wrecked and trashed mine within 2 weeks of buying it. Now the leather is wearing out but at $30 a pop I'm still happy it wasn't an aspide that got trashed. I've had mine on for 4 months or so

Just passing through....

Thanks
    I've had mine for a few weeks and it still looks good......

It sounds like they are no longer available though. Supergo no longer has them on their website.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

xc racer wannabe
    i had a thread about my performance forte pro sl saddle up earlier. i got it for 35 at performance (aireon prolite+shipping cost). claimed weight is 210. it costs 40 on their website, but if you have a coupon or go into the store you can get it for less.

here's the link

light saddle

mtbr member

Five months and still tickin'...

...I've done five races and countless training rides (over five months) and mine is still as solid as the day I mounted it...a lot dirtier though.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Going well

For the first month of useI found the fit to be better than my WTB rocket. Then recently there was a week in which it started killing by arse, but that subsided and now it is back to being a bit more comfortable than my WTB. There is no wear evident, but it has gotten dirty. I've had if for 2 months and done 2 races. I would buy it again, but am also interested in the deals Nashbar has on some brand-name saddles.

Thanks
    M

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Going well -oops

deleted double post. I don't know if it's my connection or this site but something is calcitrant.
    Last edited by Motivated; 08-06-2004 at 10:33 AM. Reason: double post
    M

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I'm on my second

I don't know what happened but one day while I was loading my bike into the van I noticed that the rails were bent on the R-10 ti saddle. It looked like just the left saddle rail was bent. I couldn't feel it as I rode but I replaced it anyway. It was about a year old and the new saddle is about the same age and is bent also on the same side.

It must be the way that I ride although I 've never bent a saddle until these Aerions.

It is the most comfortable MTB saddle that I have used so far and will keep buying them because they are a good value. The white stiching gets dirty and turns brown rather quickly.

Steve Frew

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Thanks
    Couldn't get over the embroidery on the Pro-lite so i got the plainer model below it. Been on it for a year now, leather looks worn but no tears, what little embroidery on it is mostly worn off, and rails are still pretty straight. For $25 I will definitely buy another.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Thanks for the info...

there are a few Prolites and vented men's race saddles around in local stores still.