mtbr member
    Oct 2008

AEROZINE X-12 cranks

anyone try these, could not find many reviews on them.
    The few that I read where pretty good.
    Cranks are lighter than xtr and relatively cheap...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeEdge
    anyone try these, could not find many reviews on them.
    The few that I read where pretty good.
    Cranks are lighter than xtr and relatively cheap...
    Weekend warrior here. Had mine for 5 months now. Back then, decided on these cranks because of light weight; good price; is a German company (but made in Taiwan); AND color. Mine is a very nice anodized blue. Had a really nasty fall just two weeks ago. Sprained my shoulder and my hardtail bike hit the pavement hard. Deep scratches on my elbow and the pedals. With the pedals hitting the ground hard, the crank arms must have taken a hit too, i thought. -- No Problem. These cranks are really tough. Like nothing happened. BB continues to spin freely (waaaay better than the new 6700 ultegra BB on my other bike). Chainring shifting is likewise spot on. No complaints. Happy user. BTW, crankarm length is also adjustable. Your choice of mm.170 or 175. I would recommend this crank to a friend.

My rating. 4+ (out of 5 stars)

Don't be hasty.
    Jun 2007
    I run them on my 575 for all mountain riding, work well for me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    After reading some neg reviews and considering the very light weight, I was expecting lots of flex when I switched to the Aerozine SL (Alu spindle, 725g actual for the triple w/ceramic BB).

Sure some flex may be detected pushing hard the crank arms toward the chainstays, but I cannot feel any deflection while spinning the cranks. Probably I am not sensitive enough - anyway, very satisfied of my purchase and good value for money (140g less than the XT crank)
    [SIZE="4"]flyMTBfish[/SIZE]