Thread: 26.2 seatpost

mtbr member

26.2 seatpost

Where the heck can i find a 26.2 seatpost? light weight is good. So far, i can only find Kalloy stuff on the Jenson special order page. Im gonna try tuning my current post, as theres a bunch that could be removed around the clamp, but eventually id like something lighter. thanks

btw, its going on a 1999 Scott Boulder.
    Im just saying..

Recovering couch patato
    I've used home made coke can shims to bridge 26.8-27.2. You should manage the same to a 26.6 or 26.8. Especially if you find a thicker can to cut from. 26.8 can be had quite light for cheap.

I'm sanding down a 26.6 Kalloy type post now, trying to get it to fit my 25.4mm townie. No luck yet.

mtbr member
    The "pop" can shim is a quick fix, and will certainly work. Just be careful not to let it slide down your seat tube to be logded there forever. Then your frame will be 1 gram heavier. lol.

Didn`t Syncros make a 26.2?? Look on ebay or bicycle junk yards if you have one in your location.

Recovering couch patato
    It can always be fished out. What I do, I make tiny cuts in the top of the shim and fold them out over the seat tube. Try send that down the tube!

mtbr member
    Excellent tip!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    I've used home made coke can shims to bridge 26.8-27.2. You should manage the same to a 26.6 or 26.8. Especially if you find a thicker can to cut from. 26.8 can be had quite light for cheap.

I'm sanding down a 26.6 Kalloy type post now, trying to get it to fit my 25.4mm townie. No luck yet.
    I too have done this on other bikes, however, the post i get would have to be smaller than 26.2. and its got to be kinda long, so no road post... im at a loss, because the smallest standard size i can see is 26.8, which is 0.6 mm larger than what i need...
    Im just saying..

dutchie
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggyperson
    ..because the smallest standard size i can see is 26.8, which is 0.6 mm larger than what i need...
    Thomson goes down to 26.6 and then to 25.4.. still not the size you need though.

What I suggets is that yuo sart looking at 25.4 sized seatpost and shim that up to 26.2. Thomson has one in 330 length USE is another company that does that size.

Is it possible to do something to the seattube. We have a tool in our shop to free up the seattube, if you have enough material you could perhaps get the diameter to a more usable size. 26.8 would be the closest usable one.

I run 26.8 on most of my bikes, it's not the most ideal size if you're looking for carbon posts, but there are a lot more option then with 26.2

hope this helps you.

2 Cloxxki: je moet beter lezen man,met die cokecanshims is hij niet echt geholpen.

Members who have read this thread: 0