mtbr member
    Jan 2004

22.65 lbs! i hope the xtr disc is worth it!

i was really hoping to keep my fuel at the 22.45 lbs by getting the zr 9000 front triangle and the ti eggs and the 135 slr (trimmed at the edges)......when i got the xtr disc for the front!
    so i hope the .20 of a lb increase is worth it! i've not ridden it on a course yet but going up and down the street and applying the disc is inspiring to say the least! (and its not bedded in yet!) so i'm looking forward to the weekend!

6x7=Dont Panic!
    22.65 lbs is very impressive. I would be very happy. And you didnt just add weight, you gained quality. It's worth it.
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marco
    i was really hoping to keep my fuel at the 22.45 lbs by getting the zr 9000 front triangle and the ti eggs and the 135 slr (trimmed at the edges)......when i got the xtr disc for the front!
    so i hope the .20 of a lb increase is worth it! i've not ridden it on a course yet but going up and down the street and applying the disc is inspiring to say the least! (and its not bedded in yet!) so i'm looking forward to the weekend!
    What was the difference in front traingle between SLR and ZR9000? I have two fuels on their way - just need to assemble everything. One is mine and the other my sister's. Will post pics once finished. Mine is going to be on the porky side though. Old 4-pot XT discs, and durability was as important as weight.

regards
    Przemek

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sorry przemek but....

Quote Originally Posted by pg_PL
    What was the difference in front traingle between SLR and ZR9000? I have two fuels on their way - just need to assemble everything. One is mine and the other my sister's. Will post pics once finished. Mine is going to be on the porky side though. Old 4-pot XT discs, and durability was as important as weight.

regards
    Przemek

but the trek rep was in on the same day that the mechanics where changing over the triangles and he took the brocken one away but a couple of days before the change i was in weighing the zr 9000 front triangle its a 19.5 size and weighs 1140 grms

mtbr member

The weight increase is.....

disastrous! Just think, your bike is going to feel like like someone taped 3 first class envelopes to your bike! Good luck pedaling your "tank" uphill. Oh well, at least you got the brakes you wanted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Wink aye.....very good mantisman i get the message!

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMan
    disastrous! Just think, your bike is going to feel like like someone taped 3 first class envelopes to your bike! Good luck pedaling your "tank" uphill. Oh well, at least you got the brakes you wanted.

i know 22.65 lbs is light and i've nothing to complain about but my point is that i thought with those weight savings i would of brocken even!

mtbr member

Marco, is a picture of your bike.....

posted somewhere like light-bikes? It sounds awful sweet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

yes mantis man bit its pre new front triangle and.........

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMan
    posted somewhere like light-bikes? It sounds awful sweet!

xtr disc and ti eggs and slr 135 grms saddle....so i dont see the point in updating seen as its HEAVIER!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I gotta say, if you worry so much about .2 lbs which is about 80-90 grams, just clean off the dirt on your bike. When I did that, I weighed the dirt and had a whopping half a lbs on various parts of my bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

it DEFINATELY is worth it!..........

thats about 3 rides i've had with the xtr front disc and as far as all year round performance is concerned i reckon i would be struggling to beat disc brakes for power and modulation which = confidence!
    ok i sometimes i can get squeeling but i reckon thats due to the type of pads...metal but it is definately worth the weight increase.
    my nephew has just bought an 03 carbon fuel 98 and has put on hope discs front and rear and the bracking is truly amazing! he is about 150 lbs and i feel a 180 mm disc at the front is overkill but he's happy although i wouldn't be happy with the 27.15 lbs of weight! but its not bothering him......weight weeniness hasn't bitten him yet!

Members who have read this thread: 0