mtbr member
    Nov 2005

2012 Specialized Fast Trak 29x2.0 tubeless weight

Hopefully I won't get negative rep for not posting a pic of my scale (crappy camera, scale readout very small).

Just weighed a new 29x2.0 tire several times on mine and a friends scale, even calibrated and checked against a US nickel (5 grams): Specialized Bicycle Components

Specialized is one of the few companies with tires coming in under claimed weight. This particular tire is 542 grams! Claimed weight is 630 grams. I've had tires (Schwalbe) come in 80 grams over claimed, but never more than 80 under.

Formerly of Kent
    Are you sure it's not an S-Works?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    100% sure. I don't run S Works due to the thin sidewalls and our rocks. All of my 29ers run Specialized non-S Work tires and I have a lot of confidence in them. But, dang, this weight is just awesome!

Edit: after reading Le Duke's post I double checked the sidewall, ha. No S Works.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Are you sure it's not an S-Works?

mtbr member
    The fast trak controls I have (x2) are the thinnest walled 29er tires I own. I really like specialized tires but these do not hold air longer than 5-6 hours. Long enough for my rides but still have to air up prior to riding.
    The Good Times are Killing me

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    That is interesting. Mine lose maybe a few psi over the course of several days.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeNutsRobot View Post
    The fast trak controls I have (x2) are the thinnest walled 29er tires I own. I really like specialized tires but these do not hold air longer than 5-6 hours. Long enough for my rides but still have to air up prior to riding.

mtbr member
    I bought one for the rear that came in at 560, so 542 doesn't surprise me too much. It also comes up big for a 2.0 and has proven more durable than some much heavier tires with thicker sidewalls.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I had the 2.2 version, then my Cheap Chinese carbon rims came in, and WHOA, talk about wide tires on the 30mm rim. The 2.0 2Bliss on the wide rim is pretty much spot-on for my fall riding needs.

Quote Originally Posted by EGF168 View Post
    I bought one for the rear that came in at 560, so 542 doesn't surprise me too much. It also comes up big for a 2.0 and has proven more durable than some much heavier tires with thicker sidewalls.