mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2007 XTR availability

Just wondering if anybody knows when and where the first 2007 XTR will be available. Thinking of importing some to the UK (as I've done before), since the date for here is December, and I;m sure it must be available somewhere before that.

B3 MTB
    our Cannondale Rep told us that the new high end bikes would ship with 2007 XTR and X.0 sometime in September, so i'd imagine the groupset will sell in mid-october to early november? just a guess.

so you buy it early and sell it to the UK before it's available? brilliant. i bet you can make loads selling it as pre-release

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism
    Just wondering if anybody knows when and where the first 2007 XTR will be available. Thinking of importing some to the UK (as I've done before), since the date for here is December, and I;m sure it must be available somewhere before that.

I think the release date for the 07 XTR is October 1st here in the US.

That's right....
    i just spoke with a US inside rep from shimano.
    the word on the street as of now is dont expect 07 xtr parts to be available via distributors (QBP, BTI, Action, ect) till after the new year.
    you can, however see and get your hands on some early production stuff that is spec'd on newer/special edition Titus', some C'dales and possibly Fujis.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    dates always go out... never get shorter.......

mtbr member
    Highly interested as to when the components come out, but I'll wait til they have been put through the acid test from you guys. I would hate to invest $1500 in a 07' XTR drivetrain and it can't hold its own weight. So you guys go ahead and test drive these new components and don't forget to comment on their performance so myself and the other viewers can make up our minds as whether to invest in the new XTR hardware or hold off and look elsewhere to other comparable products.........RIDE ON I SAY RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!

Person
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hollerbachMTB
    our Cannondale Rep told us that the new high end bikes would ship with 2007 XTR and X.0 sometime in September, so i'd imagine the groupset will sell in mid-october to early november? just a guess.

so you buy it early and sell it to the UK before it's available? brilliant. i bet you can make loads selling it as pre-release
    Is the 07 X.0 going to be any different?

mtbr member

Is It Me Or Does This Sound Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDE OR DIE
    Highly interested as to when the components come out, but I'll wait til they have been put through the acid test from you guys. I would hate to invest $1500 in a 07' XTR drivetrain and it can't hold its own weight. So you guys go ahead and test drive these new components and don't forget to comment on their performance so myself and the other viewers can make up our minds as whether to invest in the new XTR hardware or hold off and look elsewhere to other comparable products.........RIDE ON I SAY RIDE ON!!!!!!!!!
    This is a very good point(investing in a new product with no current knowledge) hadn't thought of that.But this is not my point,after reading I WOULD HATE TO INVEST $1500 IN A 07' XTR) I say to myself $1500? which would be my guess for a groupo price ( close to anyway) Even though I am lucky enough to get most all my bike stuff at cost plus like sometimes 5 or 10% pretty good right?Anyway(I'm getting there) I e-mailed a big bike component retailer,I'll leave names out,I ask for a groupo price on 07 xtr,and they get back to me with WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER A BUILD KIT WITH 07 XTR AND EASTON MONKEY LITE BAR STEM AND SEAT POST, iNTENSE SADDLE AND TIRES ON EITHER XTR WHEELS OR CROSSMAX SOMETHINGS.and the price was $3800. Now is it me or does this sound way way crazy insane out of control high? I was for just all 07 xtr and besides I have a Sponsership with SPINERGY.so I'm all set for wheels but if the price was or is right I'll take xtr wheels.I mean you can never have to many sick pairs of wheels.AND TRUST ME SPINERGY MAKES SICK ASS WHEELS.I was thinking ok 07 xtr $2000 tops. I almost fell out of my chair with the $3800 price.and the kicker was that price came only if you bought a frame from this company. Which I all ready have my frame. Anyway sorry so long but any thoughts on this would be great. Maybe it is that much I could be wrong like I said I have'nt paid full retail in years. so I don't really know. THANKS GUYS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    This is a very good point(investing in a new product with no current knowledge) hadn't thought of that.But this is not my point,after reading I WOULD HATE TO INVEST $1500 IN A 07' XTR) I say to myself $1500? which would be my guess for a groupo price ( close to anyway) Even though I am lucky enough to get most all my bike stuff at cost plus like sometimes 5 or 10% pretty good right?Anyway(I'm getting there) I e-mailed a big bike component retailer,I'll leave names out,I ask for a groupo price on 07 xtr,and they get back to me with WE HAVE PUT TOGETHER A BUILD KIT WITH 07 XTR AND EASTON MONKEY LITE BAR STEM AND SEAT POST, iNTENSE SADDLE AND TIRES ON EITHER XTR WHEELS OR CROSSMAX SOMETHINGS.and the price was $3800. Now is it me or does this sound way way crazy insane out of control high? I was for just all 07 xtr and besides I have a Sponsership with SPINERGY.so I'm all set for wheels but if the price was or is right I'll take xtr wheels.I mean you can never have to many sick pairs of wheels.AND TRUST ME SPINERGY MAKES SICK ASS WHEELS.I was thinking ok 07 xtr $2000 tops. I almost fell out of my chair with the $3800 price.and the kicker was that price came only if you bought a frame from this company. Which I all ready have my frame. Anyway sorry so long but any thoughts on this would be great. Maybe it is that much I could be wrong like I said I have'nt paid full retail in years. so I don't really know. THANKS GUYS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Pricing is insanely high on some of the 07' XTR, saw prices this week and was a little shocked at some of them. So if they were quoting msrp pricing then $3800 for a full build kit isn't that surprising. Some msrp prices....crank/BB=$629 (ouch), cassette=$236!! (are they @#$@# nuts?), rear der.=$173, front der.=$131, hydro levers=$229 (not shifter/levers), shifter pods=$238, dual-control hydro shifter/brake levers = $463. Crankset and cassette prices are the ones that really blew my away, you could buy three 990 cassettes for the price of 1 XTR.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Had a chance to see the new 07 xtr today and it sure looks purrrrdy!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    bummer, i was interested in the xtr but guess, it's time to look for clearance deals on 2006 components!

Members who have read this thread: 0