mtbr member
    May 2004

'03 Formula B4 SL's - Light, But......

Hello,

I'm looking for a light disk brake - The rotor must be Rolhoff compatible (I know, why have a Rolhoff Hub if you want a truly light bike - Go figure!). Does anyone ride the '03 Formula BF SL's? The reviews mentioned some serious leak problems. They also mentioned that the '04 corrected several '03 problems. Are the '03 B4 SL's recommended by anyone out there?

Thanks,

Stephen Walters

mtbr member

If you can find them in the first place...

and only if you are purchasing them with the knowledge that you may have to make an upgrade of some hardware right away. Make sure that the price you pay takes that into account... They worked great for me.

If you are going to pay the price for new, just do yourself a favor and purchase an '04 set. You'd be gaining some weight, but they are in the same range as the Magura Martas, Hope Mono Minis and the Hayes carbon/magnesium brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by swalters
    Hello,

I'm looking for a light disk brake - The rotor must be Rolhoff compatible (I know, why have a Rolhoff Hub if you want a truly light bike - Go figure!). Does anyone ride the '03 Formula BF SL's? The reviews mentioned some serious leak problems. They also mentioned that the '04 corrected several '03 problems. Are the '03 B4 SL's recommended by anyone out there?

Thanks,

Stephen Walters