Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hand/of/Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,677

    $4 next LP cranks!

    i won them! The only thing is they are in great britain and shipping is $80, so a $85 total for race face next LPs is still a very good price.

    im putting them on my SS, but now that ive got light arms, what 32t ring and ISIS BB should i get to complete the package?
    Last edited by Hand/of/Midas; 07-21-2008 at 01:30 PM.

  2. #2
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Is this the new RF LP crank or the older version, the new carbon LP is external

    Just wondering, otherwise go with an SKC isis BB! or Enduro ISIS bottom bracket!
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  3. #3
    narCOTIC
    Reputation: Hadouken*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    307
    I have a Crank Brothers Titanium Cobalt BB (180g), super stiff, and spins great!

  4. #4
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,828
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Is this the new RF LP crank or the older version, the new carbon LP is external

    Just wondering, otherwise go with an SKC isis BB! or Enduro ISIS bottom bracket!
    He said he needs an ISIS BB, therefore they're OBVIOUSLY not the new ones.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

  5. #5
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    i won them! The only thing is they are in great britain and shipping is $80, so a $85 total for race face next LPs is still a very good price.

    im putting them on my SS, but now that ive got light arms, what 32t ring and ISIS BB should i get to complete the package?
    There's no way in hell the shipping should be $80 on what will basically be a half kg small parcel. It sounds like the seller is trying to make up for the low closing value with vastly padded shipping. Ebay actually has rules against such things.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hand/of/Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    There's no way in hell the shipping should be $80 on what will basically be a half kg small parcel. It sounds like the seller is trying to make up for the low closing value with vastly padded shipping. Ebay actually has rules against such things.

    its shipping from europe, and with our .4 exchange rate that boosts it pretty good. still high im sure, but i got them for $4, so still a killer deal.



    im looking for the lightest BB and chainring i can get, even if the BB has not so good bearing life, i can replace bearings really easily, so im thinking the american classic, as i get it very cheap wholesale, and can replace the bearings as needed. (i trade time betwen 3 mtn bikes so bearing life is always long for me, unless its outboard, then i have to raplace them after 1 ride.literally,mud.)

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Screamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    343
    Did you get the U.S. size or the European version?

  8. #8
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    He said he needs an ISIS BB, therefore they're OBVIOUSLY not the new ones.
    Well you qouted me but OBVIOUSLY can't read as I gave him ISIS options as well

    And that also answered his later question about bearing life, man for being helpful sometimes,
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    im looking for the lightest BB and chainring i can get, even if the BB has not so good bearing life, i can replace bearings really easily, so im thinking the american classic, as i get it very cheap wholesale, and can replace the bearings as needed. (i trade time betwen 3 mtn bikes so bearing life is always long for me, unless its outboard, then i have to raplace them after 1 ride.literally,mud.)

    XXX-Light bb

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hand/of/Midas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamer
    Did you get the U.S. size or the European version?

    i dont know, are you talking about BCD? not sure.

  11. #11
    6x7=Dont Panic!
    Reputation: TheRedMantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,013
    I recently shipped two separate packages from Arizona to the UK for less than $12 a piece, one of which was a set of raceface next lp cranks.
    Herro prease

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kylebaxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas

    im looking for the lightest BB and chainring i can get, even if the BB has not so good bearing life, i can replace bearings really easily, so im thinking the american classic, as i get it very cheap wholesale, and can replace the bearings as needed. (i trade time betwen 3 mtn bikes so bearing life is always long for me, unless its outboard, then i have to raplace them after 1 ride.literally,mud.)
    American Classic 108x68 138grams. I've been running one for over a year with no problems.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,479
    Am Classic 68x108 is 138g without crank arm bolts. XXX-Light 68x108 is 93g without bolts. The XXX-Light bolts are a little heavier than the lightest bolts you can use for the Am Classic (maybe 10g heavier, max). So you're still ahead by 35g with the XXX_Light, but you're a lot lighter in the wallet. Depends on your goal.

    http://www.xx-light-bikes.de/shop/pd...&categoryId=39

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.