mtbr member
    May 2004

WTA at Park Pointe In Issaqyah

Later this month.
    Trail Work Parties ? Washington Trails Association
    Are these trails open to bikes, couldn't find anything on the Issy city web site.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Evergreen Member
    Jun 2009
    GAA! that kills me. The city parks department completely ignored recommendations from its own MTB task force, interested citizens and city council members and gave the work to the WTA instead of Evergreen... the loop they are talking about is supposed to be for MTB traffic in lieu of "illegal" trails build a few year back. Of course, WTA will build to typical horse ready (boring) standard with blind corners and all. Sorry, had to vent.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    And that's why you should show up! Evergreen can't come up with the volunteer hours that WTA can. The more riders that show the better.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Last word is all yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_schuldt View Post
    And that's why you should show up! Evergreen can't come up with the volunteer hours that WTA can. The more riders that show the better.
    That's true Dave, and having mountain bikers on the ground during construction does help. I think the point of frustration here is that the critical phase of impact for true MTB trails is during design, and it sounds like the mountain biking community was shut out yet again.

There is a deeper backstory here, including squakmtn's immense investment of time and energy on MTB advocacy on this project already.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I wasted so many hours of my life trying to make something good come out of this place, much like a lot of other people.

Shut out from the design is right. Even gave them spot on designs for a well built, well draining, min impact, max sustainability, max fun, max kid friendly, limited blind spots, with ways to reduce trail conflict and we just got thrown under the bus by the WD. Plus they completely did the oppose of all the good things I listed above.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.