mtbr member
    May 2004
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member

Re: WTA at Grand Ridge

Do you have an idea what they will be doing for this week? I'm hoping for more rock around the turnpikes where they had to leave off around new years. This includes the turn pikes on the new reroute above Grand Ridge Drive and down from Grand Ridge Dr approaching the first right turn.

While I'm glad to get these feeds I'm asking for your value-add within their group to lead and remind them this active and highly used trail can't be tilled and left to dry out in spring. Work that begins today ends today on an active trail.

We have asked for county support to move rock to the clay above the boardwalk but only if we get a hard freeze so the toter won't injure other sections if trail. We've got grand ridge to a pretty good place with WTA and evergreen and even the silent locals working down our priority lists.

Now we all need to agree to not screw it up just because we have people that need something to do for the day.
    Last edited by paleo; 02-16-2014 at 11:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Anybody know why WTA put in that temporary for "safety" trail reroute right after the newish trail section after GR Drive? I didn't see any issues in the trail that required the setup of the reroute.

ride all day
    Sep 2011

WTA at Grand Ridge

Yeah I saw the reroute yesterday as well, never seen them do that before, you'd think they would just fix the problem rather than bring tape up there fence it off. Albeit it's possible there may be a widow maker above but I didn't look

mtbr member

Re: WTA at Grand Ridge

There is a widow maker you can only see from the duthie side of the reroute.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Some times it can take a few days for the county to get the equipment and people together to take care of scary trees. One of their guys quit and another who was reassigned wont be back for another few weeks.
    Pictures from Saturday, that it for WTA this year.
    Grand Ridge 2-22-14 Slideshow by DaveSchult | Photobucket
    We'll be running some Evergreen work parties but no dates yet.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.