mtbr member
    May 2004

WTA Grand Ridge 4-7

What a day! About 20 of us turned out to continue work on a 1,600' reroute north of Grand Ridge Drive. This reroute will bypass a section of old road. Flat muddy sections and a steep one that's not going to hold up. This reroute has much more turns and flow. That's it for large chunks of WTA time until fall, but keep an eye on the calender as days may pop up here and there. County plans to work on it now and then over the summer.
    Slide show
    MobileMe Gallery
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Rode it today, drying out fast.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Old and Crusty
    Nov 2010
    Hey Dave, I don't know if anyone's actually thanked you for all your work and effort on this trail. I for one have commented on how awesome the improvements have been over the long haul. I really want you to know that all the riders I have run into on the trail really appreciate the work that has been done and those that dedicated the time in doing so. If it wasn't for the hard workers we'd still be trudging through that bog and gingerly stepping and sliding over that mess of ever sinking planks, not to mention that freaking tree crossing.....lol wow!! The muddy spot up above that was tremendously improved that last time I went through there too!! it used to be a ditch but now that it's been worked on is a real joy to ride. Thanks again!!

mtbr member
    May 2004

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yes, I too echo thanks. It's a very convenient and fairly energetic ride.

Now if we could only fix the off-leash dog issue - yikes! I avoid GR on nice weekends now