Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Work/Ride/Eat at the E. Tiger Mt Spring Clean on Sat, April 5th

Hey Everyone,

Join Evergreen, Platypus Hydration, DNR and a whole bunch of other cool folks to help get the new trails finished (and manpower permitting, old favorite’s ready) for the 2014 season. We need people to clean drains, trim back brush, clear branches and compact the new trails by riding them. :-)

[B]In return you get ride the new trails before they officially open!!/B]. Plus enjoy a bbq and the chance to win some cool shwag!

Progression Cycle will even be there to give your bike a little love at no charge if you need minor repairs or adjustments.

Please RSVP here Evergreen MTB Calendar

Work/Ride/Eat at the E. Tiger Mt Spring Clean on Sat, April 5th-platy_evergreen_workparty_v2.jpg
    Last edited by EvergreenStacy; 03-18-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

Sawyer Gnome
    Big turnout would be a huge help! New trails are But could still use some last minute love!

Gnomes have been at work all winter long, preparing...

Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Too bad, I'll be in Jersey visiting family. Hope I don't get stuck in any traffic jambs.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_schuldt View Post
    Hope I don't get stuck in any traffic jambs.

You will.
    Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    Myself and other builders in the Renton area will be joining. Pumped to start riding Tiger again!
    Gotta love that government cheese...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    We filled the day up!
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Everyone,
    We don't need anymore trail work volunteers, but with 60 folks coming out we do also need about 15 volunteers to help us make the day a success - run the bbq, coordinate parking and shuttles, shoot photos or video, etc.

Sign up to help us put on the event and you can enjoy the bbq, shuttle laps on the new trails, prizes and more. Kids welcome too.

Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
    1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: Invitation ? VolunteerSpot
    2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
    3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!

Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.

Thanks y'all!

mtbr member
    Wow, I wish we had that problem... TOO MANY volunteers! Congrats!
    Gotta love that government cheese...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFivenWhiteGuy View Post
    Wow, I wish we had that problem... TOO MANY volunteers! Congrats!
    There is a first for everything, and we are pretty darn psyched about it! Hopefully this is the start of a new trend once everyone discovers how fun and fulfilling trail work really is. :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Any problem bringing dogs up to hang out while working?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    If you didn't make the cut for Saturday Art & Len will be working on Grand Ridge on Sunday.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery View Post

Only if you'll get jealous when your dog ignores you to play with all the other dogs.
    Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery View Post
    Normally not a problem at all, but this is going to be a big and crazy day what with the bbq, shuttles and more than 75 people on the hill total. We're leaving ours at home for this one...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hey Everyone,

Just a quick note...If you're planning to come to the Tiger Work/Ride/Eat Spring Clean Event this Saturday 4/5, you MUST have RSVP'd on our calendar!

Kids don't need to RSVP as long as the parents have RSVP'd, but your friends do. This event is currently full, but people have been cancelling so if you check the calendar you might score a spot.

Evergreen MTB Calendar

Otherwise, be on the lookout for another event like this coming in May, and RSVP right away.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenStacy View Post
    Normally not a problem at all, but this is going to be a big and crazy day what with the bbq, shuttles and more than 75 people on the hill total. We're leaving ours at home for this one...
    Thanks Stacy. I've had her at other trail events, wasn't sure for this one.

On another note anyone want to carpool from Ballard/north Seattle area, have extra room in the truck.

I5Troll

Must be signed up on the Evergreen calendar

Hey everybody, so awesome that so many folks want to come and dig in the dirt and ride the trails at Tiger! We're full... wow! A quick heads up...

I'm hearing from multiple peeps who were planning on coming but aren't signed up on the calendar. So I just to remind everybody of what Stacy said above... you must be signed up for the event on the Evergreen calendar. We only have enough food and shuttle space for the 60 signed up. Please spread the word. Thanks!

We're hoping to do another one of these "dig, eat, shuttle" events in May, and will try to have demo bikes for that one. Stay tuned.

See you tomorrow!

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    gotta say I've never seen a group turn down trail hands anywhere I've lived.
    Well done Evergreen!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Joy Ride... might easily be the best trail on Tiger. Damm that was fun guys.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    That whole zone, while a challenge to build in, may end up being some of the better on the mountain--at least for now. At a minimum the three new trails offer an alternative to climbing to the top to get a loop in. And if what folks saw only whets your appetite for more trails on the mountain, volunteer for upcoming work parties.

I5Troll
    Such an awesome event! Very little rain during the morning work party -- followed by a lot of rain over lunch (under the tents and tarps so not bad) -- followed by minimal rain during the ride. Lotsa work done and lotsa fun had!

84 volunteers signed in. Roughly a dozen support volunteers doing parking, gatekeeper, bbq, raffle, schwag, keg, tarps, tents, shuttling, etc. So way over our 60 sign-ups out digging on the trails. Although we ran out of tools (my toes are sore from kicking the dirt), we still got an S-Load of great work done. Huge thanks all!!!

mtbr member
    Where is Joy Ride?

mtbr member
    Will Tiger open Early this year? The weather is looking good all week so why wait 8 more days!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    DNR has final say, obviously. But from talking with them on Saturday, the new trails will have their walk-thru and hopefully buy-off this week. There's still some work that has to be finished up on the new trails that DNR is working. The basic trails: Iverson, East Summit/Preston, NW Timber might open first. Stay tuned to DNR and I'm sure Evergreen will help put out the official word.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    We have to wait a few more days because the new trails are almost done and DNR wants to open it all at one time. DNR and any other trail builders know that people can't keep out of stuff that is almost done and with some people poking around to "check it out" it will only delay the opening of new trails. Nothing is more of a buzz kill them having to stop what you are doing because someone is just "checking it out".
    We give people a chance to check things out at work parties and what not.

Crews will be driving all over the mtn until things are ready to open. If you want it to open faster then it might be a good idea to not hold up trail workers by poking around.

Opening day will be here sooner then you think.

Hint- Greenwater/ 410 snowline is 4000' and clear of trees so maybe go enjoy that. I know I am in a few hours!!!
    Last edited by mtbty; 04-07-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm aware of two new trails, I was up there for a work party in February on Preston.
    There is three new trails? I'm in Kitsap so not aware,would anyone share that information? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast