mtbr member
    Nov 2012

What stores do you frequent?

I'm in the Seattle area and currently on the lookout for a store to browse random things, try on helmets and what not. Been to Big Tree in Fremont and Downhill Zone in U District but was wondering if you guys had any other places in mind. Thinking of hitting up Gregg's in Greenlake next. Performance Bike in Tukwila seems to focus on road bikes so I might try the U District location since it looks bigger.

Feel free to post up stores around your area, even if you're not in Seattle, in case there are members close by.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm partial to SingleTrack Cycles down in North Bend, been buying our kids bikes there, and getting them fitted with helmets that fit really well. Also bought my last complete bike there, and got great service when the 5th Element shock on my 2005 Enduro failed.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    REI is always a good option as well. They don't call it, "Return Every Item" for nothing....

mtbr member
    If your going to be on the Southend check out Center Cycle near idea. They are the largest single store Specialized dealer. They have EVERYTHING in stock. GHY is also in the area and they cater more to the Freeride and BMX crowds.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

I didn't do it
    I'll second Center Cycle. I just bought a helmet there because they have everything in stock so you can try stuff on and then buy it on the spot. What a concept! Downhill zone if you need any work done.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Woodinville Bikes is my favorite so far. Singletrack cycles is much more convenient to get to for me now, and they're ok from what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by ACree; 03-01-2013 at 12:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I always use Gerk's in Issaquah. Great customer service and a huge selection of bikes. They have a lot of S-Works products as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    If you're going north you should stop in to Harvey's Bike Shop. It's mind blowing the # of bikes he can fit in his shop... since everyone is plugging their favorite shops here might as well add in those 'one of a kind' shops too.

mtbr member
    Bothell Ski and Bike is ok too.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    GHY in Renton tends to have a good amount of stuff in stock and they are open on Sunday. Downhill zone is also a good choice.

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    Center Cycle has a lot of stuff, there's also Bicycles West off one of the Andovers in Tukwila.
    If you're looking for big inventory places, those two should be on your list.

On the way home from work for me, so that's most of the reason I'll stop at either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    the Greggs i go to at alderwood is a nice place. they don't seem to try to push bikes on you or always hanging over your shoulder.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Make sure you get around to checking out Recycled Cycles in the U-District.