mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Westside MTB Race Series 2012 thread

Who else is racing this series?

Soaring Eagle Park was a blast last weekend, next up is the Fort Steilacoom in a few weeks!

Info Click Here
    2009 Giant XTC Team Frame w/ Stump Jumper FSR XC Comp Components
    XC Eric

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I won't be able to start racing this year until the Kettles, but I plan to do the rest of the series from there as well as the NW Epic Series and the Fat Tire Revolution Series...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    It's super nice to have a race series that doesn't require an entire weekend commitment. However, I love the Kettles race! It is the best one of the whole series, IMHO. It's like a summer race in March: longer, more challenging and scenic course, plus camping! And better weather! Great MTB weekend for sure!

Lots of other sweet NW racing picking up soon, with the new Fat Tire series and the revamped Oregon Enduro series, and the 2nd year of NW Epic. And don't forget about the Capitol Forest Classic, August 11th and 12th! =)

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Soaring Eagle was fun. First budu race I've done. I should have known with races that short they'd be cross like in intensity. Might make Steilacoom and Henry's Ridge.

I was at Ebey shortly after one of the races a year or two ago, and it was painfully obvious which trails the course used. Anyone racing that one should stick around and do some post race trailwork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Soaring Eagle was a fun race. A nice early season warm up, good prep fro the longer races to come.
    Diamondback Mission 4
    Cannondale: Perp, SuperSix
    Tomac Buckshot SS
    BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious E View Post
    It's super nice to have a race series that doesn't require an entire weekend commitment. However, I love the Kettles race! It is the best one of the whole series, IMHO. It's like a summer race in March: longer, more challenging and scenic course, plus camping! And better weather! Great MTB weekend for sure!

Lots of other sweet NW racing picking up soon, with the new Fat Tire series and the revamped Oregon Enduro series, and the 2nd year of NW Epic. And don't forget about the Capitol Forest Classic, August 11th and 12th! =)
    Thanks for the tip on those other races, I didnt know about them

Which one is the Kettles race?
    XC Eric

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ACree View Post
    Soaring Eagle was fun. First budu race I've done. I should have known with races that short they'd be cross like in intensity.
    No kidding! The pace was fast!

How did ya like the mud wallow on the start and finish stretch? lol what fun
    XC Eric