Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weekend Work Party Blitz Part 2 -- pick one!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  EvergreenStacy 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, lots of work parties on the calendar this weekend:

• Tiger on Sat. 10 already signed up. Join Tyler, Bryan and Sam from DNR and help wrap up the Preston maintenance work (and maybe tackle a little new trail closeby).
  • Paradise on Sun. Join Brian and team as they keep on kicking ass in Paradise.
  • Tiger and Swan Creek on Mon. It's MLK Day of Caring. What better way to spend your day off (if you get it) than digging in the dirt and going for a little ride :). We'll have a team from Seattle U at Tiger and a team from the WCC at Swan.
  • Swan Creek on Tues and Wed. Evergreen and an awesome WCC crew will be out all day long. Stop by any time.

Thanks all!

#3 ·
The skiing is bad and the weather is dry...What better way to spend a part of your weekend than helping out with the trails?!?

Remember, work parties are totally family-friendly and kids have a blast digging in the dirt and generally helping out. So call it "family time" and come join us. All experience, skill and fitness levels are welcome.

#7 · (Edited)
We have seeps (and I think the ball is a useful idea too) which provide instant feedback.

Thanks Kevin S (and Eric and Katie) for helping begin a plated crossing. The anchor rock we set was as big around as my outstretched long arms and fingers touching and 18" thick.

Next time let's get two rock bars up to the work area. (Walt has one stashed at his worksite)

#8 ·
We have seeps (and I think the ball is a useful idea too) which provide instant feedback.

Thanks dnr's Kevin S (and Eric and Katie) for goading and helping begin a plated crossing. The anchor rock we set was as big around as my outstretched long arms and fingers touching and 18" thick.

Next time let's get two rock bars up to the work area. (Walt has one stashed at his worksite)
Rock bars would definitely have been helpful... Still can't believe that shovel handle held out! :eekster: hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.