Last weekend was busy at Henry's
Seven of us fixed some water/mud/drainage issues on Python trail. The plan was to get to the north Anaconda trail as well but time ran out.
1. The first issue addressed was the lower trailhead of Python. Fortunately we were able to haul gravel close with a truck. Placed two drain pipes, dug a small drain dip, and spread five hefty wheelbarrow loads of gravel.
2. Then we moved close to the north end of Python. There is a single drainage area that the trail crosses twice. One spot with the small logs across was enhanced with rock and soil. The lower large mud pit was excavated and a section of drain pipe emplaced. This was followed by a large amount of rocks gathered from the immediate area. The final step was covering the area with additional drier soil. With the water draining through the pipe the section looks like it will dry out.
3. Several smaller spots on the trail with mud and or poor drainage were fixed along the way.
All in all a great day out on the trail. Thanks to all who put in the effort and their time.
1. Myself and several other Black Diamond Trail Coalition members joined Todd in exploring the SW corner area of Henry’s Ridge. Todd has recently gained approval for a trail featuring technical features and a skills area. This should be fun considering the very interesting terrain. Needless to say Todd will need a lot of help building the trail and bringing in materials.
2. Afterwards I walked north up the section of trail from the small playground behind the water tower. There I built a short bypass section of trail around a problem muddy area.
See you all on the Henry's trails Saturday.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: The Weekend at Henry's Ridge
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »