Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm Harvey, from Bellingham. Not much of a mountain biker, but I hike a lot in Galbraith so find the trail updates here of interest.

Also want to say, pretty much every interaction I have with mountain bikers while hiking up in Galbraith has been pleasant, even when my dog - who is not too bike-savvy - causes them to slow down. I appreciate that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hello from Marysville

My son rides a Kona Cinder Kone and I ride a Trek Wahoo.

Looking forward to hitting some good trails soon.

mtbr member
    Hi all,

I'm Troy from Maple Valley. I am just getting back into mountain biking after eight years.
    Currently searching for used and budget friendly parts to build up a hardtail.
    My favorite area to ride was Galbraith Mt in Bellingham, WA. I am looking forward to checking out Tiger Mt. and Duthie.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I recently moved to Skagit County and I have picked up mountain biking out here. Now all I need to do is find some beginner friendly trails in my area...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Korvus View Post
    I recently moved to Skagit County and I have picked up mountain biking out here. Now all I need to do is find some beginner friendly trails in my area...
    First place to look is right here.

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club

Washington has just about any kind of riding you could want at any level. Even if some trails aren't "beginner" taking intermediate trails and just taking them slower is fun as well. Just make sure your brakes are in good working order. "XC" trails are a good place to start and depending on your conditioning, any of them should serve you well.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Welcome back to biking Troy! And be sure to check out all the great trails in Black Diamond (Henry's Ridge, Lake Sawyer and Summit Ridge). They're right in your backyard. You can get all the deets here: http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    Quote Originally Posted by DyerTM View Post
    Hi all,

I'm Troy from Maple Valley. I am just getting back into mountain biking after eight years.
    Currently searching for used and budget friendly parts to build up a hardtail.
    My favorite area to ride was Galbraith Mt in Bellingham, WA. I am looking forward to checking out Tiger Mt. and Duthie.
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Noob here in Olympia. Been riding my GT aggressor 1.0 on the Chehalis western trail for 6 months now, and will be hitting Dash Point up with my buddy for the first off-road experience this weekend. Looking forward to it!!

Looking for some newbie friendly folks to ride Cap. Forrest with sometime in the near future.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    New to PNW/Seattle area so trail virgin here. Currently the only bike I have setup at this time is a rigid steel SS. The geared bike is in pieces waiting on a chainring from HBC (if that ever comes). So looking for some places I can get away with a rigid SS... I don't mind walking a few sections if necessary, but don't want to be spending 1/2 the time up or down on my feet.

And if anyone has suggestions for XC/Technical XC tire setups for a carbon hardtail 29er I would appreciate any input.

Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm Jeremy, and just resurrected my 1997 Gary Fisher Paragon hardtail for local riding.

I live in Bellevue so I mainly hit the smaller trails within riding distance from me. There's one right next to me house that no one is ever on, so that's my practice trail.

I hope to hit Duthie soon, and am also looking for a new 29er (either Scott Scale Team, Cannondale F29 2, or Specialized Carve Comp).

I'm very grateful that this resource exists!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hi folks,

I'm new to the area, just moved from Klamath Falls OR up to Mill Creek. Retook up mountain biking a few months back. Still figuring my way around and trying to find more trails. Primarily been riding Paradise Conservation, Lord Hill, and Pilchuck Tree Farm.

mtbr member
    Used to be a member a few years ago, that was before i was marrieds and had a couple kids
    Now back at it as much as i can. I live in Yakima and like to ride a few spots around the outside of town and a couple places off H410
    84 Ritcher Super Comp
    85 Salsa Scoboni
    85 Ritchey Timber Comp
    88 Ritchey Super Comp

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YakimaDeathYaks View Post
    Used to be a member a few years ago, that was before i was marrieds and had a couple kids
    Now back at it as much as i can. I live in Yakima and like to ride a few spots around the outside of town and a couple places off H410
    right on man! Have you ridden any of the trails at the Rocky Top trailhead we are developing? Single Track Alliance of Yakima is building them.

mtbr member
    John Olsen (Uncle Knobby from 94 to 2002). I've been riding in Washington since 1981, first at Tiger, then in the Skagit Valley from 1986 on. Anybody who likes technical riding with old slow guys, or needs technical training... will work for mochas. I mainly ride in Anacortes and Galbraith, but I know all of the trails north of Stanwood...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nathan with Kitsap Racing on Bainbridge.
    Like long, grueling, epic rides that make me want to collapse afterwards.
    Trails that flow nicely and leave a grin on my face afterwards, are the best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Hey, yo.

Okay, I don't really talk like that (bro). I've been dead on the forums for QUITE some time now... almost two years? But I'm BACK! Except you wouldn't probably know it, because I've never posted in this region before. I've ridden Tiger mountain though, about 5 years ago.

The dead zone was Illinois. UGH. But before that was Boulder. YES! Now, out there I set a bad precedent of giving up on people and doing a lot of solo biking, because I just needed to GTFO and they were not abiding.

I want to set a different precedent here. So somebody here wants a free ride to a trail or two, I know it, I can smell it, I can taste it.

I ride an '08 Fuel EX 8 (I think, right? '09?) Too many eights. At one point I felt like I was getting to the limits of it and was looking more toward all-mountain. But right now I'm a tub of playdoh. The bike still has the Maxxis Aadvantage (loose over hardpack) tires on which suited Colorado very well. Concerned about that here. Advice welcome (for once

EDIT: Oh, and I also do a bit of rally racing... not sure that's relevant here. Unfortunately, the car, the flatbed, my pickup, my welder, my tools, that's all back in Chicago. I can't even really fix my own damned bike right now : (
    Last edited by EmTee; 09-24-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: XTRA!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey everybody, I am from Puyallup and am just getting back into biking. I love hiking and have been looking to get back into biking for a while. I purchased a bike that fits my ability level and hope to be upgrading both bike and ability soon!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey uncle knobby I would love and be honored to ride with ya
    Let's do a ride, I live in mount vernon

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    New to the forum fellow washington member.. Tacoma
    Last edited by Stumpy253; 10-18-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Place

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey all; new to the MTBR forums, hoping to find some good XC riding partners here in the PNW.
    I ride FS and a rigid steel SS, so I'm up for anything.
    PM me and let's ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    good

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It would be nice to get out and ride but it has been so cold.

mtbr member
    Hi guys/gals new to the forum. Started mtbing in 1991, bought a harley in '06 and now getting back into the sport I love after a little hiatus. Boy do I miss Victor Falls. Anybody ridin Little Bald Mtn this past summer? I remember this trail as being one of the best in washington. Is it still as good as I remember?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey all,
    Returning into the bike scene after a long break. Incase you all wanted to know I ride.....wait for it..... A BIKE. Im sure you really dont care what brand of bike I ride so Ill spare you all from the name dropping. Anyways as I said before im getting back into bike riding. Hopefully I pick up a few rides from here.

mtbr member
    Jeff from New Jersey, and living part time in Spokane. I live off of High Drive so I've been exploring the High Drive (Bluff) trails lately. I don't have a car out here in WA yet (it's still in NJ) so I'm limited to where I can pedal too, but love having pedal-only access to these trails from my doorstep (not too mention a couple of awesome craft brew pubs and lots of great eats).

My wife and I will become permanent residents sometime in 2013 once the house in NJ is sold.

mtbr member
    Sean here, from the "Couv" Vancouver. 10mi. North of Portland OR.
    Looking to upgrade from my Mongoose EFX...Don't laugh!

V-Shaped Rut
    Quote Originally Posted by kamaaina1 View Post
    Sean here, from the "Couv" Vancouver. 10mi. North of Portland OR.
    Looking to upgrade from my Mongoose EFX...Don't laugh!
    We all gotta start somewhere, not like there aren't plenty of used bicycles in the Portland area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I was a member a while back, kinda been a lurker. Now back, Bellingham area. All Mountain rider, ride galbraith alot and any other trail i can get my bike on. Anyone looking for a galbraith partner, hit me up. Otherwise, see on you on the trails.
    Ride: 2011 enduro comp, with A few basic upgrades.!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Introduce yourself! What kind of riding do you do? What new trail do you want to hit next?

Im Rob. I guess i do XC but i like to go down hills just not DH lol. I mainly ride the Black Diamond area and i wanna go to Duthie Hill some time.

mtbr member
    Trevor from Auburn
    im into all types but just started ridding downhill and technical cross country are my favorites
    I am trying to find new trails i moved here a week ago any suggestions help!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    TP, you should go to evergreen mt. bike alliance. I cant post links yet so Google them. They are probably the best resource for mt. bike trails in Washington. I usually go to black diamond to ride. On EMBA, its called Lake Sawyer,

mtbr member
    That was the first place i Rode when i moved then i heard about tape worm but i will check that out!! thanks for the advice and bike clubs around here that you can meet new people to ride with cause right now its me and my dog.

mtbr member
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club

Check out the trail guide and the ride calendar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    what up yall want to get into all mountain was a downhiller in Michigan just moved out here and want to ride everything.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    living in bothell! hit me up if you wanna buddy to ride with!

mtbr member
    Matt from Federal Way.

Getting back into the saddle after a hiatus. I'm interested in starting a bit slow and riding regularly this coming year and beyond. Family riding and single-track interests. I have new 29er I'm breaking (hopefully without breaking self).
    What is the temperature of a Taun-taun?
    Luke Warm.

mtbr member
    John
    Live in Seattle, near UW
    Ride at Duthie, Big Finn Hill, Paradise Valley, Summit Ridge, Tiger MTN, Stevens Pass, Whistler (once a year)

Rode at Northstar last year, pretty sweet, but after you've been to Whistler...

Hoping to explore more areas in the PNW this summer, including around Bellingham and Capital Forest
    --------------------------------
    2013 DiamondBack Mason

2011 Transition Bottlerocket
    Seattle, USA

mtbr member

Re: Washington State Roll Call:

Travis from Bellingham.
    Ride Galbraith for flowy fun.
    Chuckanuts too. and all in between
    I ride Ss HT 29er. Not a hucker but still like to pretend I'm extreme.
    Hope to ride more of wa..

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Twin Harbors

Jimbo from Grayland. I don't necessarily fantasize becoming the scourge of the Twin Harbor's South Beaches on my new (currently under construction in my kitchen) Pugsley, but I figure its worth a try. At least while the craze is still relatively new and there ain't much competition.
    One of my surf bros up in Westport acquired a used purple Pugs a few years ago, and he does his surf check on it every morning. It has held up fairly well to his rather sketchy and minimal maintenance. I used to think it looked ridiculous. But then I took it for a spin. It was a ridiculous good time! Addicting, even. Beware!

I'll be riding my Pugs here on the Twin Harbors beaches, as well as other places. Mainly here, though, as this is where I live . I hope to see some of you out here!

EMBA Member
    Slim from south Seattle by the airport. Not much of a downhill guy because it kills my knee but I love tight and twisty; Tapeworm, Parasite, and a bit of Silkworm. Just been at it a short time, 4th of July of last year, so I am a joey. But you know, that Ryan's pretty cool. After all pain is what aspirin is for isn't it? Slim

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Moved out here from Michigan last Thanksgiving. I'm an all mountain type of guy and have really only been riding for around a year. Now that I live in the PNW I pretty much itch to ride everyday. I live in West Seattle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm Chris, won't be out there until late July, but the anticipation is killing me so I will post now. Going to be in Vancouver. I ride XC but that's by default since living in WI. I want to totally flip the switch and go AM. Willing to travel, but my time to do so is limited. Is there enough AM between Vancouver-ish and Northern OR? In search of some bro-dudes to ride with around Vanco, PM me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

hey there

Quote Originally Posted by dlbennett View Post
    Introduce yourself! What kind of riding do you do? What new trail do you want to hit next?

Dennis (or MTBR name)
    Technical Cross Country
    Hills above Vantage. High desert, vast views.
    Ben, Burlington WA

all mountain some freeride (galby and chuckanuts). looking forward to black rock (again this summer), xanadu, tres hombres, rode MRT last year and it was great. ride on, have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ugly View Post
    I'm Chris, won't be out there until late July, but the anticipation is killing me so I will post now. Going to be in Vancouver. I ride XC but that's by default since living in WI. I want to totally flip the switch and go AM. Willing to travel, but my time to do so is limited. Is there enough AM between Vancouver-ish and Northern OR? In search of some bro-dudes to ride with around Vanco, PM me.
    Hey Chris,
    You should check out our Evergreen Cold Creek Chapter when you get in town - they are based just north of Vancouver in Battle Ground, and maintain a sweet set of trails. Cold Creek Mountain Bikers | The Cold Creek Chapter of Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance

And there's plenty to ride in northern OR too. Check in with our friends at Northwest Trail Alliance | in Portland for more beta.

Be aware, you might run into some ladies who rip pretty hard too - not just bro-dudes...
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hi, I live in Roslyn. Extremely avid dirt biker for 34 years and just discovered mtb. I bought a new bike, and have ridden twice now. I love it! I'm not too familiar with mtb terminology, but, I believe I'm an all mountain Enduro rider. Best ride of the two I've been on was Roslyn Ridge, descending into town was just awesome!

I bought a Specialized Enduro 29" wheel. I like it so far!

Hope to make some riding friends on here. I'm strong and "fit", but my cardio needs some work so I need brief breaks is all! LOL!

Regards

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Im new to the mtbr forum and mtb in general.

Partypoopr(Jared)
    Ill try anything but since im new to it wont try the most difficult trails. I like swan creek since its les than 15 min from my house. Also my ride is a 2014 specialized hardrock sport disc 29 and havent taken on any trails yet, I am testing the trails with my basher(less expensive ride). Any suggestions for trails in the tacoma-ish area for a noob.

mtbr member
    I ride Swan Creek quite a bit—maybe we'll see each other on the trails.

I also like Dash Point—it's close to Tacoma, has lots of climbing but also some fast downhills [xc though, not the gnarly downhill you see in the magazines]. There's also a nice loop around Ft. Steilacoom Park that's sometimes used for xc races...roughly 5 miles, but there are some other short singletrack sections that aren't part of the race loop. There are also some really nice trails across the Narrows: Banner Forest, 360 Trails, and a few others that I haven't ridden yet/don't recall the names for. A bit further north, there's all the SeaTac trails—lots of fun!

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance has a pretty comprehensive trail wiki here, if you want to do some exploring:

Evergreen Trail Guide

My only ride is getting powder coated this week, but in 2-3 weeks I'll be back out at Swan Creek.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cool I will check that evergreen site more in the days to come. What kind of bike you ride? I maybe getting a iron horse maverick 4.2, any thoughts or anything on these bikes?

mtbr member
    My philosophy on bikes is: I've been on the same Stumpy hard tail since 2004—26" wheels and all. I ride mainly cross-country trails, but I like a drop and a jump thrown in now and then. I do plan to buy a 29er if my current frame ever cracks, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. I've had hundreds of miles of fun on the same old trusty bike and I just haven't felt the need to buy the latest and greatest.

All that said, the Ironhorse makes decent bikes with good components at an affordable price. I've never ridden one though; I'd suggest a test ride on a local trail, if they'll let you, before buying. You might be happy with the price tag, but hate the ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I picked up a iron horse maverick 4.2, and after riding it a lil bit the last two days it needs adjusting a lil bit and the front shock need a lil attention, other than that it is a well rounded bike id say. I am getting new rotors for it due to non matching rotor and it already bugging the crap out of me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Just starting riding about 2 weeks ago and found this website. I'm an avid outdoors man been hiking & mountaineering as much as possible, now I think I'm addicted to mountain biking. I have a Specialized Hardrock I'm currently riding and upgrading...having a lot of fun. I've been riding St. Edwards mostly. I want to get up to Stevens Pass park this summer and also do some long distance rides. I'd like to do some recreation enduro stuff if it exists?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good family trails I could bring my 10 year old daughter on? I'd like to explore Tiger Mountain but that may be to much elevation gain for kids? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    ...and another soul steps onto the gear treadmill! Glad you're enjoying the riding!

Cascadia Dirt Cup offers an enduro series and there's one being offered on Tiger Mountain September 20th if you'd like to jump in on some more familiar turf.

For family rides Duthie is always a good place to start since it has such a range of skillbuilding and easy-to-expert trails. The Evergreen Trail Guide now also lets you sort by skill/grunt level so you can find an easier, family friendly ride. Hope that helps a little and happy riding!

Cheers,
    Bryan Rivard
    Senior Marketing Manager

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    If your near tacoma, check out swan creek. I enjoyed this place till i went to tiger mtn and cracked my frame. I is a great confidence building trails park for mor confidence on a bike and such. mostly flat/dh.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thank you for the replies!! Much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    New guy here in the Olympia area, been browsing for a few weeks hope to see you guys around.

mtbr member
    I'm Jim and ride a 2007 Rocky Mountain etsx70, I also have a 1999(I believe) Schwinn Homegrown Hardtail in bassboat blue.

I ride all mountain and xc. I am not a big air guy.

I moved to Mount Vernon July 18th. I am hopefully going to close on a house in Bellingham on Sept 15th.

I have ridden Chuckanut, Galbraith, Heart Lake, Cranberry Lake, Little Mountain, and Pillchuck Tree Farm since I have been here.

I have been riding a long time, in 2013 I rode about 1500 miles of dirt. In 2014 I got way too busy and got my first rides in after I moved here. I have probably ridden 15 times since I got here. My cardio is poor right now. I am slow up hill, but can mostly hold my own downhill.

Love it here so far. It will be great when I get my family out here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey guys, I'm john from Mill Creek. Just got into riding a few months ago (only 17!) and it's a blast. I'm really digging flowy trails, mostly cuz they're easy to go fast on haha. Ride alot of Paradise lake, st. eds, duthie, and Japanese gulch.

I'm out of shape, and hope to improve enough to make some real headway into new trails next spring and summer.
    If you got any tips or gear you think is essential for WA riding, let me know!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Glenn near Woodinville. Discoverd mountain biking four or five years ago when my boy (25), said, "hey dad, come ride one of my bikes on some singletrack". First time out, half hour latter went down hill like a bat of hell and made the mistake of looking squarely at a big maple I was trying to get around. Next thing I knew I was on the ground looking up at the canopy of the tree, thinking, "THIS IS FANTASTIC". Now More or less retired officially for the third time this past January so I can devote more time to serious pursuits - mainly biking and sailing. I like to carry a Stumpjumper on the taff rail of my sailboat, so I can explore what ever singletrack or backroads I can find in the San Juan's. Best ride to date, climbing Mount Constitution via road from Rosario resort, then 20 miles of singletrack spiraling back down the mountain to the resort, for phenomenal dinner.

Mostly have been training this past winter and spring for a long distance xcountry tour - great divide route route maybe.

Also have ridden Hanson ridge couple of times, but am to out of shape to 'conquer' it. It conquered me.

So now recently bought a Mukluk fat bike and am trying to decide if this will cause me to sell my other bikes. Any other ORGs (old retired guys) out there want to plan a trip somewhere, let me know. IAm game.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a great bunch of riders in the PNW. I started riding Mtn Bikes in Bham, lived in Gig Harbor for a long stretch (Banner Forest, Green Mtn, Capital Forest) and now live in Snoqualmie Pass. I ride XC usually on a Trek 69er SS, but on occasion I take out my vintage Klein Mantra with gears. I love all the local pass trails, the rock areas in Cle Elum and the Teanaway. Although I've ridden all over the PNW, one of my favorite rides is the Siouxon trail in S. WA. Lewis River is probably second.. I dragged a bike to Ft Collins in October and didn't even get it to the dirt.
    I'm really Jonesing for a fat bike.

mtbr member
    AnimalBikeMan,
    Keep me in mind once the snow melts. I too am an ORG and I would love to talk about a fat bike trip in N. Idaho.

mtbr member
    Fat bikes are a ton of fun. Mine has seen way more dirt than snow or sand. They are amazing mid summer when it is loose over hardpack.
    14 Aurum, 16 Fuse, 17 T130

mtbr member
    Mr. Lynch, do you have any qualms about the Fatboy? They look fantastic. I would probably lean toward the lower priced model and change bits as they fail. I am watching a couple of them.

mtbr member
    Not at all. Even people that think they are stupid try it and smile and giggle like a school girl when riding it. It's amazing in the mud too. I actually replaced a 29er hardtail with in and dont regret it all all.
    I have the standard fatboy and put a Bluto fork and a dropper on it and basically turned it into a trail bike. So much fun! It went from "part time cruiser" to my bad weather bike. If they had the SE model when I got mine (got it when they released) I would ahve gone that route since I replaced the fork right away.
    14 Aurum, 16 Fuse, 17 T130

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    howdy all, my name is stuart. I have ridden 24" bmx for years but didnt feel comfortable hitting mountains on it. picked up a remedy 8 27.5" around new years and ive been riding galbraith a few times a week since. hope to do a lot more exploring this summer around the whatcom area. excited about lookout mountain and lake whatcom trails.
    i work nights so im always up to explore new places in the mornings and meet new folks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Brian Longview area. Just started riding again. I picked up a KHS the other day. Riding type, Hell I don't know !! I haven't ridden in 20 years. So thinkin I will just start with the easier rides. Hope to see ya on a trail ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Brian Longview area. Just started riding again. I picked up a KHS the other day. Riding type, Hell I don't know !! I haven't ridden in 20 years. So thinkin I will just start with the easier rides. Hope to see ya on a trail ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I'm Jay. Just moved to Bellevue with my Rocky Mountain Slayer. I like downhill, nasty and chunky and steep as possible. I'm just getting in to drops and jumping.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Kristopher from the Bham area. This will be my second summer riding and I just ride anything at Galbraith that does not look like it will kill me on my hardtail. I like the more flowy stuff.

mtbr member
    Hey everybody! My name is Garrett I'm 23, I live in Enumclaw, and this will be my first year getting into biking, I have never been on a trail around here and haven't been on a bike in years. I recently bought a 2013 Diamondback Sorrento off craigslist that was basically brand new, I have a tighter budget since my wife and I just had our first kid 2 weeks ago, so this was the best bang for the 100$ he wanted I felt like.

Looking forward to learning a lot on here and finding some fun trails!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hello all,
    My name is Jason (38), I am originally from Elma, Wa, and moved to Olympia at 18. I grew up racing BMX, and MTBing in The Capital Forest (Mostly on Porter Creek side as I lived on Mox Chehalis Rd.) I raced BMX until about 20, then began gearing towards Dirt Jumping. I have spent a lot of time at Dart Trails (I'm Hollywood) over the years. I did dabble in XC racing when I was 20/21 yrs old (this is when I began to ride this side of Cap forest, greenline 6, etc), but didn't really love it.
    So I decided to get back into big bikes and just picked up a 08 PBR Transition BottleRocket. I have been playing around on it a week now, and its been fun. Full Suspension is a whole new joy! I can tell already, a upgrade is in my near future too.
    I currently live on the west side of Olympia. Hit me up if your needing a ride partner.
    Cheers, Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Washington State Roll Call:-dart-360-table.jpg  

Last edited by H3RESQ; 05-17-2015 at 08:26 AM.

All bike, all the time
    Always humbling to see a forum newbie who can already ride better than you
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I'm sure you could take me on any hill.
    Last edited by H3RESQ; 05-17-2015 at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    My name is Stephen, 28 y/o. PNW native I've been riding exactly one time up at Galbraith and loved it. Just bought my gear and I'm stoked to get into it this summer. Besides mountain biking I kiteboard, climb, and just like to be outdoors. I'm looking for riding partners hit me up. I just quit my job so I'm available pretty much whenever. I'm planning a cross country trip this summer too so I'll be doing some stuff all over. Cheers!

mtbr member
    I'm Jack from Renton. Been trail riding hard tails forever but just now at 27 getting into jumping and getting faster descending. Just bought my first full suspension bike last week and am already getting sucked in. Looking forward to getting comfortable airborne at Duthie over the summer. I live a couple blocks from the Tapeworm system, if you plan on riding in the area shoot me an email I'm always game for a ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Checking in again here..I'm Jim, another ORG, and I live on the coast, between Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay. I ride the beach a lot on my Pugs, but like gravel grinding the gated logging roads and riding trails.
    One year ago, I had a heart attack, and I've spent the last year getting back in condition. I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat, and have a weak valve. I don't climb hills as easily as I used to do. My cardiologist is going to hit me with the "pads" ("electrical cardioversion") next week, and hopefully, that will reset my heartbeat to normal. He said that I had recovered well enough to do the procedure. I'm hoping that then I can make more headway on improving my climbing and riding stamina.
    I want to ride some more interesting trails than I have around here, and I'm looking at doing the ride around Wynoochee Lake (really want to do this one soon), and some trails near Sylvia Lake (might even head up there this afternoon).

I've been going around in circles on some local small trail networks, and they are getting kinda old. I can't claim to know every grain of sand on the beaches here, but I'm beginning to feel like I've been within shouting distance of most of 'em:-)
    I usually ride alone, due to the lack of other riders in the area. I usually don't go for air, and I like to keep my riding under control.
    The local gated logging roads I ride are usually devoid of traffic and other cyclists. They get hilly!
    I'm looking for other riders in the area who are willing and able to hit some of the easier trails, such as the 15+ mile circumnavigation of Wynoochee Lake. I might just drive up there and do that one alone, if I can't get someone else to come along.

I'm still shopping for a reasonable trail-riding day-pack, though. The one I have is way too big for trail riding, at 35 liters. I don't use a hydration bladder, but prefer stopping and drinking from bottles, since I'm usually not in any hurry. I need something for my lunch, extra clothing, tools, emergency stuff, and first aid kit.
    I was hoping to find a suitable one online this weekend, so that I can be ready to roll the trails with my re-established heart beat! But I'm going for a ride somewhere first!

I hope that I can improve my stamina so that I can go up and ride the Plains of Abraham on my Pugs. That's one of my current goals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Good news! My electrical cardioversion was a success! I had my heartbeat set back to a regular rhythm. My irregular heartbeat and Atrial Fibrillation condition is gone! My last three measurements of my "at rest" heart rate were 58, 59 and 59 beats per minute! My cardiologist told me that I should notice a continuing improvement in my endurance and stamina, as long as I keep working on it.

I did go up and ride some trails and logging roads in Lake Sylvia State Park on Memorial Day, since it was drizzling most of the day out where I live at the beach. It was a persistent, soaking drizzle...the kind that keeps coating my eyeglasses with tiny droplets, killing my vision. So it was over to Lake Sylvia, where I hoped that it wasn't drizzling, too. I lucked out.
    I didn't ride the Sylvia Ridge trails, since I went alone, but I rode up the West Fork of Sylvia Creek (did an "out-and-back) and rode portions of a few other trails, as well as doing some gravel grinding on the logging road that follows the East Fork of Sylvia Creek.
    I rode the 3/4+ mile trail on the East side of Lake Sylvia. About 1/3 of it. The other 2/3 was hike-a-bike, lug-a-Pug, or push-a-Pug. I don't recommend this on a bike. Its better for hiking. There were too many stairs, up and down, with twists and off camber hard turns, one after another, with roots and slick muddy spots. I felt out of place there, on my fat-bike!
    The trail going along the West side of the lake is wide, ADA approved (wheelchair friendly), and easy enough to enjoy views of the lake while riding. It gets you to the upper end of the lake (Sylvia is a very small lake, just a dammed up creek, and only about 1.5 miles long), where you have some options for riding various trails and logging roads.
    It was a fun late afternoon and evening, and I plan to go back there and ride some more. I'll upload a few pics shortly.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutonicPlague View Post
    Good news! My electrical cardioversion was a success! I had my heartbeat set back to a regular rhythm. My irregular heartbeat and Atrial Fibrillation condition is gone! My last three measurements of my "at rest" heart rate were 58, 59 and 59 beats per minute! My cardiologist told me that I should notice a continuing improvement in my endurance and stamina, as long as I keep working on it.

I did go up and ride some trails and logging roads in Lake Sylvia State Park on Memorial Day, since it was drizzling most of the day out where I live at the beach. It was a persistent, soaking drizzle...the kind that keeps coating my eyeglasses with tiny droplets, killing my vision. So it was over to Lake Sylvia, where I hoped that it wasn't drizzling, too. I lucked out.
    I didn't ride the Sylvia Ridge trails, since I went alone, but I rode up the West Fork of Sylvia Creek (did an "out-and-back) and rode portions of a few other trails, as well as doing some gravel grinding on the logging road that follows the East Fork of Sylvia Creek.
    I rode the trail on the East side of Lake Sylvia. About 1/3 of it. The other 2/3 was hike-a-bike, lug-a-Pug, or push-a-Pug. I don't recommend this on a bike. Its better for hiking. There were too many stairs, up and down, with twists and off camber hard turns, one after another, with roots and slick muddy spots. I felt out of place there, on my fat-bike!
    It was a fun late afternoon and evening, and I plan to go back there and ride some more.
    I was up there same day with my wife and kids, guess we missed you. I did see a truck coming out with bikes as we went in. I didn't get to do any looking around for the rumored good single track I have heard about as I had the family along. We will be camping in the trailer up there sometime this summer and I'll get to look about a bit more. We just went up the mellow muddy (looks like quads have ran it) trail after you cross the cement bridge at end of lake trail. Kids enjoyed it.
    Last edited by H3RESQ; 06-02-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Miss spell

Is my rear tire flat?
    Washington State Roll Call:-232323.jpgGlad to be back in the great NW but Eastern Wa this time around. Baked a little one while we were down in California and here he is.... Introducing Blake
    Liberty Lake Wa.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Woodinville

Hello all. I'm in Woodinville. I rode at Paradise Valley at 6 am this morning and it was glorious. I just picked up a Kona Honzo on Thursday evening. I mostly plan to ride cross country and some technical track and am looking forward to a lot more riding this summer.

Here's my beauty:

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Grew up in Arlington, but I've lived in Lake Stevens for the last 21 years.

Been riding Mtn bikes and snowboards for 30 years (with the same friends) and still enjoy as much as the first day.

We like to ride the entire mtn, up and down hills so we really enjoy the Glass school/Victoria Tract tree farm. There's a bunch of trails and some fast singletrack. I'd like to try Paradise and explore Lord hill a little, but most of all get back up to Galbraith, haven't been there in awhile.

Gave my Kona Dawg Supreme to my son (needed a riding partner and an excuse to buy a new bike) then I also picked up a Honzo and dont regret it one bit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Henry from Shoreline/Seattle,

Cross Country for now but wants to try DH soon.

I'm usually around Saint Edward/Big Finn Hill Park (still exploring this place) & Paradise Valley. Since its near me. But trying to visit Stevens Pass Bike Park before the end of the season. I need to use my (2) free tickets

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hey, Drew from Poulsbo. I ride port gamble trails, mostly XC. Looking to branch out. Great riding 10 minutes from the house is pretty hard to beat!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    NW Classic is in the house!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Central Washington here. Favorite trail is rat pac in Cle Elum because I live three minutes from the the trailhead and I don't have much else to compare to. Plan to do something out of Wenatchee this weekend, likely sage Hills

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hey, I know that guy! Let's ride Rick! I'm a normal Sat-Sun stiff now.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Happy Sunday everyone. I'm a Washington native that moved to Snohomish a couple of months ago. I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I'm into fast enduro/downhill/freeride stuff and looking to hook up with a few new faces.

mtbr member
    Name is Brandon!

live out of Castle Rock Washington, Basically ride wherever and whatever we decide we want to ride that day As long as there is good friends and Beer involved!Washington State Roll Call:-kodiak-2-woods.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Grew up in the Vancouver, Canada area riding some pretty awesome local bike parks/trails. After 8 years in Dallas I'm now living in the Seattle area and in process of building out an NS Eccentric Alu for AM/Trail riding. I'm planning to frequent Duthie Hill, Galbraith Mtn, Stevens Pass and hopefully doing some downhill.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Greetings,

Name is Verlon VJPNW and have been living in Bothell for 1.5 years now. I prefer to ride XC. My next trip which I haven't ridden yet is Galbraith in B-Ham. I am hitting Paradise valley after work today around 330. I end up riding PV and St. Eds mostly through the week. Weekends I like to travel and explore. I am wanting to combine my love for backpacking and MTB and start some long adventures.

mtbr member
    Sean / 50+ here, getting back on the bike!. Well, after test riding a few H/T’s & F/S’s at the LBS, I decided on a 2017 Santa Cruz 5010 27.5 demo. Pretty sweet deal. It was only ridden on one trail ride, then turned back in. They knocked off $200 for an OTD price of $2800. Bike seems to have some upgrades from what Santa Cruz offers on their site. Fox Rhythm 34 shocks, upgraded cassette, tubeless setup, and a few others. Good folks at River City Bicycles were very nice and helpful.
    Now looking for some novice trails in the Vancouver, Washington area. Read Cold Creek trails are fun…
    Happy camper here!

Sean / kamaaina1
    Novice / beginner trails
    Vancouver, WA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Washington State Roll Call:-img_2648.jpg  

Vancouver, Washington
    2017 Santa Cruz 5010

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Members who have read this thread: 28