Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    igoslo
    Howdy.

Sean here, currently in Phoenix, but I've got ten years of Spokane behind me and at least three years of Seattle ahead starting in June. Planning on living somewhere real close to UW Medical Center. I've never ridden on the West side of the state and I'm looking forward to it.

true washington local
    Jun 2005
    Oops!

true washington local
    Jun 2005
    Mike from Bonney Lake

Mostly Single Track and freeride. Got back from a deployment in August and here I go again in May so I guess I won't really get to bike much this year. Riding up Victor Falls while there's still trails there. There aren't any no tresspassing signs from my neighborhood Crystal Mountain has some nice trails.

Keep The Rubber Side Down

Well, better late than never

Known as Mellow Yellow, but my god given name is Gregg. Born and raised in Panama, Republic of Panama, but i've been in Seattle since 1982. Curently living in Renton. When I'm not being a bumb and burring my head in work, I usually ride both moutain and road; including racing on the Velodrom in Redmond and doing the North Shore thing in Vancouver. Favorate trails are St. Eddie's and South SeaTac for the near to home stuff; but love Skokum flats and Dalles Ridge over all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hi from Edmonds,

I have been lurking and decided to post up in hopes that I will discover some new riding areas, mechanical tips and bike minded people.

I posted a review of my Cadex ALM-1 to mtbr in 1999 but I didn't realize there were forums. I have checked back on the review page and see that others have chimed in. Pretty cool that one of the other reviewers actually bought the bike at the same place I got mine - Spokes. Another guy hinted at some information I had not previously known about the difference in model years.

I lived in Anacortes for about 9 years and got really spoiled by the place, people, and riding. Work in Seattle and my commute got in the way of life, so I had to move closer. I am in Edmonds/ Perrinville now. My parents live in Anacortes so I should be getting some riding done up there soon.

Previous to coming out west I lived in Itasca, IL. I rode a lot on rails to trails with my dad and friends when i was younger. When I got older and could drive I started riding XC at Palos and Deer Grove. I did a lot of XC riding in Wisconsin the last two years that I lived there. Kettles south unit, Wausau, Door County, Rhinelander, and Chequamegon.

I ride offroad on older hardware, my Cadex ALM-1. Everything aside from the frame is changed over the years. I plan to upgrade the frontend with a new fork, wheel and disk brake at some point later this spring.

Currently, all my riding is happening during my 10 mile road commute. For this I am using really old hardware, a 1987 Schwinn Sierra. I cobbled together a decent commuting / touring bike out of something I have owned since the summer after 8th grade. It's really enjoyable to think back on all the rides I took it on.

I would also like to do some off road riding and exploring a little closer to my new home in Edmonds.

I will try and post up some pictures of my bikes soon for the retro forum area.

mtbr member
    Chris from Gig Harbor.

I like riding aggressive x-country single track.

Look forward to getting back down to Bend this year and hitting a bunch of stuff I missed out on last year. I may venture north across the border to ride for the first time. Other than that, I'll join as many rides as possible that Erik A leads.

Moist and Delicious
    The name's Rob. I live in Snoqualmie, and I get out a bit. I've been riding for years, but the past 3 have been tough on my bike schedule, as I started my own business, and got so involved to make it successful that I had to step away from all the fun. That, in turn, helped me develop a bit of weight gain, which sucks. So..... I treated myself, recently, to a new bike to motivate my ass to get back out on the trail. It worked.

I live in downtown, so I hit Tokul (preferably East, although I've yet to really learn West) 3 times a week, Finn Hill on Tuesdays (will you see me tomorrow?), and something else different each week. My goal in 93 was to hit 200 miles a week. I did it then. I can't now, because my schedule is pretty tough, but I'm still going to hit 50-70. That's a lot on a trail, you know? I'm pretty happy, and decently fit, for a 40 year old. Ha!

I used to ride a GT RTS2, and built it up, and fixed it, and built it up some more, until I realized I was polishing a turd. So... I went to Singletrack in North Bend and picked up a new Specialized S Works Carbon. Oh my Lord, do I love this bike. I know part of my issue over the past 3 years was time out of the saddle. Even though it's been tough getting back in shape, this new ride changes my skill level significantly.

That said, I don't "jump." Never have. Never will. I like my bones, and don't need them broken (anymore). I'm all about Cross Country (the more technical, the better), and I live for the smell of the forest, and the open views. Washington State truly is God's country.

Now, if I could just get to Moab.

It's not a trail pic, but I had to show off the new beaut.

Last edited by nasai; 04-09-2007 at 10:13 PM.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by nasai
    The name's Rob. I live in Snoqualmie, and I get out a bit. I've been riding for years, but the past 3 have been tough on my bike schedule, as I started my own business, and got so involved to make it successful that I had to step away from all the fun. That, in turn, helped me develop a bit of weight gain, which sucks. So..... I treated myself, recently, to a new bike to motivate my ass to get back out on the trail. It worked.

I live in downtown, so I hit Tokul (preferably East, although I've yet to really learn West) 3 times a week, Finn Hill on Tuesdays (will you see me tomorrow?), and something else different each week. My goal in 93 was to hit 200 miles a week. I did it then. I can't now, because my schedule is pretty tough, but I'm still going to hit 50-70. That's a lot on a trail, you know? I'm pretty happy, and decently fit, for a 40 year old. Ha!

I used to ride a GT RTS2, and built it up, and fixed it, and built it up some more, until I realized I was polishing a turd. So... I went to Singletrack in North Bend and picked up a new Specialized S Works Carbon. Oh my Lord, do I love this bike. I know part of my issue over the past 3 years was time out of the saddle. Even though it's been tough getting back in shape, this new ride changes my skill level significantly.

That said, I don't "jump." Never have. Never will. I like my bones, and don't need them broken (anymore). I'm all about Cross Country (the more technical, the better), and I live for the smell of the forest, and the open views. Washington State truly is God's country.

Now, if I could just get to Moab.

It's not a trail pic, but I had to show off the new beaut.

Rob,

bling bling dude!! Nice looking rig.....wow!! Nothing like "new bike love" to get you back in the saddle a bunch.

Hey, me and a few others here are out at Tokul a fair bit and do a little trail work from time to time out there. If I see ya, I'll give you a shout.

Cheers,
    EB

Moist and Delicious
    Hey, thanks!

Yeah, I'm digging it. I took off the SRAM stuff (don't get me wrong, as it's nice gear, but I'm an XTR freak), and put on the Shim derailleurs, and shift kit.

I'm still getting back into what I can "trail shape", but I need to ride with guys better than I so it forces me to comply. That, and I'd love to learn Tokul West. I hear there's an absolute nutso compilation of trails up there that I've apparently only bitten the tip off of. I've never seen the lids marking the trails, although I assume they are saying the trails are labelled like Tolt? Anyways, I'd love a chance to ride out there with someone who'll push me. Just don't give me too much crap when I can't make the big monster climbs. I'm still working the winter gut off.

Drop me a note, and let me know when you might head out there again. I'll be at Finn Hill tomorrow, so that might be cool, if you're there.

Later!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Rob, I hope you don't mind, but I think I may have drooled on your bike while it was on the rack at Singletrack Cycles.

Seriously nice rig.

There's quite a few Snoqualmie riders on this board, including myself. I don't know Tokul West as well as some of the human-GPS guys like Borneo and Hawkens do, but I'll show you what I do know (although I hear it's pretty FUBAR right now due to some massive logging).

You ought to sign up for Borneo's "Spring Fling" on the www.bbtc.org site for a bunch of rides on 4/21. Should be good times.

That's ok I'll walk it...
    I am told the roads are clear again at Tokul West, that report was from this weekend. I am heading out there Sunday morning to lead a ride, ya can't ride TE without also riding TW.
    The riding between the two trails systems is completely different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    If that's true, that would indeed be great news. For starters, I actually know my way around TW.

(Enough to be dangerous at least)

Also, that means the "Escape from the Fling" just got a little longer.

uh-oh

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nasai
    ..., but the past 3 have been tough on my bike schedule, ...
    Can I ever understand that one. I took the time to put some effort into setting up a commuter bike out of my oldest mtb. Now I am getting in over 10 miles every working day. My work is just a brief interruption between my daily riding. Granted it isn't offroad, but its way better than nothing. As it turns out, I may end up getting in more riding this way than I ever had in the past. I am also hoping to shave off some 'computer weight'. Here's hoping for the best.

I assume I will start feeling a lot more fit and ready to mix it up in another month. That should coincide with the end of the DIY remodeling junk I have going on at the house. At that point I am gonna try and get in on bbtc group rides and learn some of these local trails. 98% of my previous WA riding has been N in Anacortes.

Speaking of that, I am planning on hitting the ACFL trails Sunday morning until noon as I will be visiting my parents up there.

mtbr member
    Rob those guys at Singletrack in North Bend must know you by your first name. For at least the next year they should stop whatever their doing and greet you by your first name when you walk in the door. I like that shop by the way. A lot of nice bikes plus you can work with the shop on getting the right setup.

Doug is next up with a hot bike. Moots has the old reliable and underrated soft-tail which for race purposes is one of the fastest bikes out there plus you dont have to worry about maintenance on the rear. My NRS is looking very dated with some of the new stuff.

Moist and Delicious
    Well, it seems to me that I shouldn't have waited so long to get onto this board. I've checked out this site for years, yet never really read the boards/threads.

You guys have made me feel very welcome. Thanks!

As for Tokul, yes, I'm game for anytime. As long as my wife hasn't planned my day(!), I'm in. My son rides as well, so I might be able to get him to join. He's a little more fearless than I. Granted, I skydive, so fear is relative. Maybe you guys can teach me how to jump the new ride without nosing it into the ground? That'd be nice.

Anyways, drop me a PM sometime, and I'll give you my cell number.

Later!

Xtremely Moderate
    Eric aka eio - the "adopted step child" of the HL crew (thanks Armando ).

- I'm a pisces, and I dig fast cars, Slovakian women, and jumping up and down on the bed while listening to Motorhead.
    - I bump my head quite a bit in these small Seattle houses........Its not easy being big.
    - Fled the Dirty South to settle amongst the Scandanavians in SEA.
    - I am a seasonal bone breaker and acqiured a barometrically sensitive Ti elbow while North of the Border last year.
    - Dig the agrro-trail/FR/DH riding but have had to tone it down due to said elbow.
    - I am humbled by the skills of my brothas but I still keeps it realz.
    - Now riding a Nomad which better suits my gypsy blood.
    - Usually found following up the rear (going up and down), but I'm getting faster. Once again its not easy being big.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

mtbr member
    E,
    where's the first pic from? looks like oregon dirt.

Xtremely Moderate
    Quote Originally Posted by MRUFF
    E,
    where's the first pic from? looks like oregon dirt.
    Wow! You know your dirt.

Its at Blackrock.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Addicted 2 building trail
    Hardcore, nothin' less , nothin' more

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Well, since Borregokid mentioned it, I guess I can show off my new ride.

As he mentioned, it's the 29er Moots Mooto-X YBB with a whopping 1" of rear travel. I probably won't race it on short course races, but I'm really looking forward to heading out on the long stuff with it. It's been a long time coming -- paid for it back in January and just took delivery today. Worth the wait? I hope so! Worth the cost? It better damn well be!

You can see the photos on my Flick'r site

Moist and Delicious
    Congrats, Doug.

I don't think we missed anything by bailing on Tokul today. What a nasty evening.
    Talk to you soon!

mtbr member

Yman

Hi my name is Glen
    Live in Tacoma
    Ride SST, tiger, capitol, ranger creek, whistler....
    Looking for some cool trails w.ladders and drop and jumps thats not more than 2 hours away.

not your average bear
    May 2005
    Jeff here.
    Yeah, you drug this lurker out of the woodwork
    XC
    skinnies, drops, small jumps that my XC bike can handle (isn't always the bike that holds you back? )
    I need to hit Mt. St. Helens this year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Capitol Forest Anyone?

Sam here. From Olympia. College at Western State College of Colorado in Gunnison/Crested Butte but back now in Oly. 2 kids and a wife limiting my riding time a tiny little bit but...Riding the Capitol Forest couple times a week and most every Sunday for 20-30 miles. I usually ride 29er single speed but have a geared bike as well. Anyone in for a ride in the next couple weeks, Sunday's are a good day but any day might work? Probably out of Fall Creek Camp, maybe 25 miles or so. #8 and #6 out of Fall Creek are in pretty good shape as of yesterday. The lower half of the mountain is torn to shreds right now by horses and atv's. Let me know and we'll do it. Maybe a few brews in the parking lot post ride or Fish Brewery downtown if it's a weekend day we decide upon...

Is my rear tire flat?

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been nice to meet you all a little more. We definately have a nice sized group here in Washington that ride and also frequent MTBR. A special thanks to those that had to come out of hiding. Look forward to riding with you on the trails this spring/summer and chating with you all here. There is always a wealth of knowledge to be shared.

Thanks

db

PS You may even recognize yourself in this group picture taken in Sun Valley on the Adam's Gulch death climb.
    Back riding again in Sunny SoCal. Outskirts of Palm Springs.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast