Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    why thank you sir! i'll definately check into that book. Does tolt park mapquest ok? i'm relatively inept at finding my way 'round the east side as of yet. i've rode the colonade a little, its prettty fun! Nice being down-town and all.

Is my rear tire flat?

Hello

If you do a google search for a Tolt map something should turn up. There may even be one on the Wiki attached to the BBTC website. If that does not work email me and I cna find you one!

db
    Quote Originally Posted by timaverage
    why thank you sir! i'll definately check into that book. Does tolt park mapquest ok? i'm relatively inept at finding my way 'round the east side as of yet. i've rode the colonade a little, its prettty fun! Nice being down-town and all.
    Liberty Lake Wa.

mtbr member
    Wil here...

Currently living on Fort Lewis, originally from PA.

I'm in the Army--just puttin' that out there, as I've heard
    that's viewed as a bad thing in WA. I hope people don't
    get hung up on it; I'm a nice guy and we all love to ride
    bikes, right? (I just love America, man...and I figure it's
    worth fighting for)...more on that in another forum/thread...

Anyway, about a year ago, the Army gave me a chance to
    choose a new duty station. My wife and I chose Ft. Lewis
    (for what surrounds it; certainly not for the post itself).
    I friggin' love everything about the NW!!! (Except that I can't find
    a pizzeria out here that makes stromboli's or NY-style
    pizza!!! WTF?!?)...

I ride xc but, so far, due to a long "business trip" to Baghdad (will
    this thing EVER end?!?), I've ridden very little in WA:
    (starting from the farthest north in WA, to the farthest south)
    St. Ed's, Lake Sawyer, Banner, random exploring of Ft. Lewis,
    and a short ride in Capitol Forest...

Looking forward to getting back early summer of '08 and
    linking up with locals [who don't hate on the Army thing] for a lot
    of riding....I'd like to explore Banner, Sawyer and Capitol Forest
    more, since I only scratched the surface on any of them...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

greetings and welcome to WA

Hi there,
    My dad is a retired colonel so I have no problems with the army. I also love to ride! and you are correct, the NW is just one of the best places to live. Have checked out the BBTC? they post rides all the time, otherwise give me a shout. I don't know Capitol forest, banner as well but do know a lot of rides closer to Seattle..

mtbr member

wow...fast reply!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm actually on r&r in WA right now, only for a week or so longer...
    hoping to find some small group rides not too far from Lewis...
    I'm a member of BBTC, but didn't see any social/semi-social rides
    going on anytime soon that don't require lights...(I don't have a light
    system yet)...

Anyway, if we don't meet up while I'm on leave, I'm stoked to know there's a few folks who won't throw eggs when we return! I'm sure we'll wave to each other somewhere on a Seattle trail eventually!

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by penser
    Wil here...

Currently living on Fort Lewis, originally from PA.

I'm in the Army--just puttin' that out there, as I've heard
    that's viewed as a bad thing in WA. I hope people don't
    get hung up on it; I'm a nice guy and we all love to ride
    bikes, right? (I just love America, man...and I figure it's
    worth fighting for)...more on that in another forum/thread...
    Penser,

Just saw your post about Banner and then saw this. Welcome.

Dude, get out and ride with those guys at Banner before you head back to the Middle East. It's clear and cold right now and most stuff is pretty firm if it's a muddy area. Dress for the weather and have a great time. This is why you moved to the PNW isn't it? Well, we don't let a little mud or cold weather keep us off the bike in these parts.......so get on with it!

Cheers,
    EB

P.S. I don't believe most folks in WA have a problem with the military.....it's more of an issue with our gov't and their policies, imo. As you said, another thread......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by penser
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm actually on r&r in WA right now, only for a week or so longer...
    hoping to find some small group rides not too far from Lewis...
    I'm a member of BBTC, but didn't see any social/semi-social rides
    going on anytime soon that don't require lights...(I don't have a light
    system yet)...

Anyway, if we don't meet up while I'm on leave, I'm stoked to know there's a few folks who won't throw eggs when we return! I'm sure we'll wave to each other somewhere on a Seattle trail eventually!
    Hey Wil; glad you're back; sounds like you're settling in and starting to get in some rides. Bring the family up and we'll ride Sawyer; next Sunday is a good day for me. For the record, I remember you met a bunch of folk when you rode with us; everyone enjoyed your company. Bring your wife and kids up to St. Eds on Sunday; they're welcome to join the boot camp class and it's on da house; I'm thinking they might need a refresher:>). Not sure if you still have my email addres; send me a PM or write to bootcamp@bbtc.org
    Take care of yourself; look forward to seeing you again soon.
    turtle aka bobh

mtbr member
    Dave
    Vancouver, WA
    All Mt., Tech ST & downhilling.
    Want to ride McKenzie River Trail, OR this year.
    "Studies have shown that riding your bicycle everyday makes you more awesome then the general population"

Is my rear tire flat?

Good Riding Down There

McKenzie is a stunning trail and over hills from there you have Bend. Bend is a special place for us Washington folks. Try the Mrazek Trail and or also ride around in the Newberry Crater area. You are in a great location, Enjoy!

Cheers

db
    Quote Originally Posted by muddydc
    Dave
    Vancouver, WA
    All Mt., Tech ST & downhilling.
    Want to ride McKenzie River Trail, OR this year.
    Liberty Lake Wa.

mtbr member
    Yah, I rode the Newberry Caldera rim ride a couple years ago. It was sweet. I haven't riden Mrazek but I rode Phil's trail and a few others near there last summer. Bend is awesome. Wish I could live there.
    "Studies have shown that riding your bicycle everyday makes you more awesome then the general population"

TRACKDADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon448
    Brandon from Seattle, Magnolia neighborhood.

Technical Cross Country (seems to be the favorite buzz word). I would really like to start racing/riding some endurance distance races, 50 and 100 milers. I used to race Sport XC now I race at the track (velodrome). Coming off a year and a half on the couch from a nasty broken tib-fib.

There are so many trails in WA that I have yet to ride! Teanaway, Triple Crown, anything in Capital Forest...

Since moved to the respectable city of Tacoma and in 2007 logged more miles and maintained more trails than in any or all of my previous years in Seattle!! I completed the 24hr race solo, the TOE 50 miler, and 73 outta 100 of the Cascade Creampuff 100 miler (gonna get it this year!!) I have also become actively involved in working to develop riding area in Tacoma and Pierce Co. along with my very good friend Courtland Capwell!
    "On yere Bike!!!!",

Brandon Lockwood, KCH Inc.
    Track Daddy Blog

Sweet
    We got Will out on the frozen trails and ran him ragged, it was great fun! Something to look forward to coming back too.
    I just heard from him and he might be back a little sooner than he thought. And a month of leave in Aug.
    Will is a good guy and a pleasure to ride with.
    More fun than an open casket funeral

mtbr member
    Yo-

My name's Kyle

I live in Kirkland.

I just purchased an ironhorse sinister comp, and i love it
    my favorite place to ride is either tiger mountain or black diamond coal mines
    i'm currently in X-Ray school and i train in MMA, although i haven't had time for that in a while

Paper Street
    Kyle,

I instruct martial arts and combatives. My other riding partner trains under Ivan Salaverry. You're welcome to join up with us for a ride. Send a PM.

ZDFG

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Woot

connor here from bellingham. long time forum prowler first time poster. I ride a craftworks frm125 and most of my riding is done at galbraith mt. cheers folks

take a picture
    Derek

I live in Olympia, so I'm in Capitol Forest a lot.

mtbr member
    Jeremy, my friends call me Jerm or Big Perm.

I'm a newbie. Been on a ride here and there with friends like EBextreme over the past few years but never had a decent bike. I recently purchased a GT iDrive 5 4.0 and now I am completely addicted. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on the component package of the 5 4.0 but it seems to work well for me for now.

I live a rocks throw away from the Towers of Power (Tapeworm, etc..) in Renton, WA and ride there at least once every week. I really enjoy the tight technical stuff. Still working on jumping and trying to get up over wet roots (lots of those on Tapeworm). I'm hoping to get a full days ride in without going OTB soon, we'll see how that goes.

I'm just very happy to be here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Welcome Jeremy.

My tip to you would be to embrace the OTB experience. My experience has been that going OTB is scary at first, then kind of annoying. Then you'll go months without doing it, and finally reach a phase of enlightenment during which time your trips OTB become great sources of comic relief for others and fond recollections for yourself. This is my happy place.

I'm sure there are several on this board who vividly recall seeing me bunny-hop into a log at Tolt only to watch me (and bike) go OTB. So fast, so clipped-in, so on the bike, and almost a full front flip. It was awesome, save for getting the wind knocked out of me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon448
    Brandon from Seattle, Magnolia neighborhood.

Technical Cross Country (seems to be the favorite buzz word). I would really like to start racing/riding some endurance distance races, 50 and 100 milers. I used to race Sport XC now I race at the track (velodrome). Coming off a year and a half on the couch from a nasty broken tib-fib.

There are so many trails in WA that I have yet to ride! Teanaway, Triple Crown, anything in Capital Forest...
    We live at the base of Capital Forest. Our youngest rode the trails in Capital Forest for years, after he got his first mtb at age 16. I, however, prefer riding the shoulders of the highway to Oly, and the streets of the city -lots of nice road rides in Oly. I prefer the danger of automobiles to the danger of cougar and black bear.

mtbr member
    Hi,just moved to Spokane from the uk,waiting for winter to pass and a couple of seal's for me fork,then hittin the trails on me soul,can't wait!.
    Thing's that go to make up a life

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerman
    Hi,just moved to Spokane from the uk,waiting for winter to pass and a couple of seal's for me fork,then hittin the trails on me soul,can't wait!.

Welcome to Spokane.

Addicted 2 building trail
    Welcome to the US. From a fellow expat

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPerm
    Jeremy, my friends call me Jerm or Big Perm.

I'm a newbie. Been on a ride here and there with friends like EBextreme over the past few years but never had a decent bike. I recently purchased a GT iDrive 5 4.0 and now I am completely addicted.

I'm just very happy to be here.
    What up Big Worm......I mean, Big Perm! Glad to hear you're getting out on the new bike a bunch.

Hey, we'll need to get you out on some rides away from TofP when you have some time.

EB

mtbr member
    I just got an 07' Enduro and I love it! I ride St Eddies and the Japanese Gulch a lot and usually ride Capitol quite a bit too. I really want to get up to Galbraith this summer. I have been there a few times and had a great time but I didn't know my way around. I have to make it back to Devils Gulch this summer and this time I will be shuttling!

I am always down to meet up and ride with anybody.

See you on the trail!

mtbr member
    Cheer's,Sly_foxx and Stu Money thank's for the greeting.Mr Fox do you know any good trail's in Spokane,need to get out and about.
    Thing's that go to make up a life

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Hello from Oly!

I'm Erin from Olympia, where Capitol Forest is less than an hour away! When I moved to Oly from Bellingham, a friend told me that Cap has some of the sweetest bike trails he had ever been on, so I bought a crappy secondhand rigid Raleigh and decided to see for myself. Cap has been my primary riding area ever since, although I have upgraded my bike to a Giant Trance (big difference!) I love riding the sweet singletrack of the green (non-moto) trails. I decided to race beginner class in the Indie Series this season, so I'm hoping to get a nice sampling of some of the other trails Washington has to offer. My riding experience has been XC, mainly because I lack the DH/FR technical skills required to not break bones or my bike. This is a great sport, and I would love to see more women pick up the knobby tires and start rolling!

See ya on the trails!

-Erin

Is my rear tire flat?

Welcome to the fold....

The Seattle Luna Chix are a great bunch of riders that seem to have a real good time. I see you moved here from B'Ham...los of riding up there. I have never ridden Capital Forest and me and my Fiance will need a tour guide this summer. You interested? If you have not already.... check the www.BBTC.org website as we head that way some times....

Thanks for your post... and yes please...we need more women in the sport!!!!

d|b
    Liberty Lake Wa.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Howdy from Woodinville

Hey everyone!

My name is Pete (aka Fiddler).

Love the XC/Freeride stuff but I get out on the roadbike a bit as well. I just got into singlespeeding too.Good Times!

Member of www.bbtc.org. Great bunch of guys working hard to keep the trails clear of trees and well maintained.

Cheers!

-Pete

mtbr member
    Evan from Duvall
    Kona Dawg
    Cross country to light freeride.
    I build trails in my back yard and i've put in countless hours of volunteer work at Colonnade.
    Hi im Evan, I build trails and ride them!

Rider

... and if we just ...

Robin
    Seattle
    Love Smoothie single-track to fast chunky stuff

My Favorite Trails:

Local: Tapeworm, Tiger
    A bit of a drive: Devils Gulch, Galbraith
    Oregon: Post Canyon

Always looking for some new places and people to ride with.

Ride like you stole it!
    Newbie here. Live in Lakewood, WA. Old country girl (not that old lol) getting back into outdoor lifestyle again as I enjoy biking ALOT!
    I have ridden at Foothills Trail in Orting, looking forward to ride at Victor Falls near Puyallup and Mima Creek near Olympia.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeogirl73
    Newbie here. Live in Lakewood, WA. Old country girl (not that old lol) getting back into outdoor lifestyle again as I enjoy biking ALOT!
    I have ridden at Foothills Trail in Orting, looking forward to ride at Victor Falls near Puyallup and Mima Creek near Olympia.
    Hey there, I have a female friend in Puyallup who enjoys company on rides; she's putting a weekly ride together and could use help; send me a pm or email at bootcamp@bbtc.org. Court and Heidi do lots of south end rides, especially around Mima Falls. To the north, Eric Carlson leads weekly rides at Lake Sawyer; you're guaranteed a good time on this rides. Plenty of rides listed on the bbtc.org calendar. welcome and have a great season.
    turtle

mtbr member
    Another n00b here. I live in Mukilteo, right next to a popular entrance to the Japanese Gulch trails. I've finally decided I need a mountain bike to utilize the trails. Haven't been riding bikes since my early high school years, and I'm about 40 now.

I stumbled across this forum while trying to research bikes. Seems like this is the place to come for information about mountain bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008

hello

Just signed up to this forum.

Like all mountain, but getting more into DH/Freeride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hi, noober here at this forum as well as the sport.

I live in BELLINGHAM, WA... trying to find more people in my area to ride with that would show a noob here how things get done

I have only ridden in the city... but would like to try out; FR, DH or XC.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey there...always up for a good ride, and meeting new people. I dont get up north as far as Bellingham too often though.

I did ride the Japanese Gulch area over the weekend. It's a very cool area. WAY more than we were able to see in one day.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey there...good to see another local 40ish newish rider out there. I was just in your area over the weekend, riding the Gulch trails for the first time. It's only about a 20min drive, so I definitely want to go back. Are you ever up for a ride during the week? Day time? or Eve?

mtbr member
    I've been watching this site for a few months now, and finally decided to sign up.

I rode a bike my whole childhood as my main source of transportation, even past the age when everyone else had cars. I liked the idea of saving more of my money for me. Recently Ive moved out onto my own and a car is an unneeded expense. So I ride my Spec HR sport to work and back 6 days a week and on my days off I ride trails with my roomies. I live in Sumner Wa, and commute to Costco on South hill. I know my roomies and I would love to meet some other locals who know of more trails about and who would like to enjoy the riding pastime with us. I'm 22.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Smile To Baldshark

i can only ride on the weekends for now. but not the next upcoming two weekends as i got stuck working overtime. i'll PM you here with my email. email me when you come up to bellingham so we can ride. again, i am a noob

Quote Originally Posted by BaldShark
    Hey there...good to see another local 40ish newish rider out there. I was just in your area over the weekend, riding the Gulch trails for the first time. It's only about a 20min drive, so I definitely want to go back. Are you ever up for a ride during the week? Day time? or Eve?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Blake from Marysville,Downhiller, Galby & Whistler veteren.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Hi, my name is Mark. My wife and I just moved to WA from Maryville, TN. We will soon be living in Bonney Lake (temp housing atm).

I enjoy light downhill, flowing singletrack, and I'm trying to learn to ride trials. I'm interested in learning more downhill and freeride stuff if I can find the right trails and people to ride with. I REALLY want to visit Colonnade, and I hope to enter the Super D race at Capitol Forest in August.

My bikes will be here tomorrow, so hopefully, I can bring at least one to our temporary housing and ride again :P Send me a PM if you have suggestions of places to ride or people to ride with!

mtbr member
    Dane from Maple Valley.
    All mountain.
    Can't wait to hit Snoqualmie Falls, maybe a bit of Tiger Mountain. Non-locally, I want to hit Whistler.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    John from Port Orchard.
    I try to do some crosscountry on my old Cannondale.

mtbr member
    Long backcountry rides
    Capitol State Forest, MT Saint Helens Area

Moving back to Olympia in March after being stuck in South Carolina for the past 3 years.Can't wait to get back to the NW.
    The way we ride today shapes mountain bike trail access tomorrow. -IMBA

mtbr member
    whats up guys im scott, living in wesnatchee, ride xc/light freeride, urban, would like to get more into freeridin tho. ride devils gulch, xanadu, always looking for new trails to ride and people to ride with or shuttle devils gulch- only been in the area 6 mos came from midwest, so anyone lookin to ride pm me or something

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey I'm Brian and I'm a noob to this site and mountain biking in general. I just picked up an '09 Cannondale F5 and I really should have gotten into this sooner. So far I have ridden the trails near my house (Soaring Eagle/Beaver Lake) and I go to school at the UW during the non summer months so I will be looking for some good places to ride then. Hopefully I'll have pics up soon.

-Brian
    Last edited by Brian2050; 08-04-2008 at 09:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Hello all

Justin
    I haven't got to try all the different styles of riding yet to say which one I like the best.
    I love what I have been able to do so far

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey I'm Chris. I live in the Oly area and am new to the sport. I'm looking to build my skills slowly and grow into some freeride stuff. Love the site and all the great info on here. See ya'll around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi im jaysin, live in Bellingham. Pretty new to all this. I ride at Galby as much as I can. Any other newbies wanna SLUG up the hill with me, let me know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Chris from Kent

Hey Im Chris from Kent, just got into biking a month ago and I am loving it! Ive just been to Black Diamond and Dash Point. Next week its Tiger maybe, havnt decided yet! Im not great by any means but Im gettin there!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast