Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 455
  1. #51
    El Pollo Diablo
    Reputation: SnowMongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,479
    Uh, Hey...
    Name's Ashton, Bellingham local, getting back into the game after oh, 8 years out?
    Finally picked up some wheels, so if any of y'all in the 'Ham see a tall guy on a Kona Scrap riding badly, that would probably be me.
    Look for some XC type stuff, need to work on my confidence before I get more vertical.
    Picked up my bike today, in the pouring rain, which isn't scheduled to let up for like a week, but that's Bellingham for ya.

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: edmoloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    114

    Ed from Seattle

    Hay, I.m Ed from Seattle.
    I ride as much single track as I can, but sadly most of my riding is to and from work.
    I ride tiger and St. Ed's / big finn, often with my dog Jake.
    I wan't to go to Skookum flats, greenwater this summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #53
    m0un#a!n 8ik3r
    Reputation: Double E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    247
    Are there any ladies in this forum..I like all kinds of single track and am even starting to embrace the mud. Dennis I think I rode with you out in SunValley, this is "munichjulie". I am riding a yeti these days since the frame broke on the swiss bike..
    I may be the only other non -lurking female (?)

    Formica
    Yeah, all you lurker ladies... start posting!!!!!

    Also, anyone else (girls or guys) who doesn't post here cuz you think (and I've heard at least two people say this) that this forum is only for ride reports of epic, hardcore testosterone crazed 50-mile rides with 5000' climbing, where you almost die of dehydration ...... this is a catch-22 fer crissakes! So in other words... if there were more of us posting ride reports of ho-hum, run o' the mill rides... then more such RRs would actually get posted!!


    Of course I've only made 38 posts in my ten months on this site, including maybe 3 or 4 RRs, so I guess you could basically call me a lurker too.... but still ..
    Last edited by Double E; 02-21-2007 at 03:12 PM.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    52
    Let's see:

    I live in the South Sound area.

    I mostly ride XC, but have done the lifts at Schweitzer and Big Mountain and race as a very casual, beginner class just to humble myself. I only have one bike, a Yeti 575 so I have it set up as a "do it all" ride.

    Last season, I rode St. Helens, Devil's Gulch, Skookum Flats and my bike and I flew out to Colorado and rode Kenosha Pass too! That ride started around 10,000 ft and went up from there. I rode Tiger probably 25+ times during the season.

    I hope to ride Moab this year and maybe Whistler. Locally, maybe Green Mountain (nearby) and Sun Top (hard) would be good rides to get in this year.

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FoxOverFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Double E
    Yeah, all you lurker ladies... start posting!!!!!

    Also, anyone else (girls or guys) who doesn't post here cuz you think (and I've heard at least two people say this) that this forum is only for ride reports of epic, hardcore testosterone crazed 50-mile rides with 5000' climbing, where you almost die of dehydration ...... this is a catch-22 fer crissakes! So in other words... if there were more of us posting ride reports of ho-hum, run o' the mill rides... then more such RRs would actually get posted!!


    Of course I've only made 38 posts in my ten months on this site, including maybe 3 or 4 RRs, so I guess you could basically call me a lurker too.... but still ..
    Okay, I'm female but definitely no lady....cuz I like to get dirty and sweaty and I don't wear white gloves! However, I lurk mostly because I've been most passionate about FR/DH and this seems mostly a forum for XC riding and interests. However, I may be wrong ...
    But since I want to stay in shape for my big biking, I will be schlepping up the mountains this summer on my own power. And I need to stay true to my roots...ahem....of XC.

  6. #56
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOverFence
    However, I lurk mostly because I've been most passionate about FR/DH and this seems mostly a forum for XC riding and interests. However, I may be wrong ...
    But since I want to stay in shape for my big biking, I will be schlepping up the mountains this summer on my own power. And I need to stay true to my roots...ahem....of XC.
    Foxoverfence, I'd say you're correct with that assesment. Ridemonkey definitely has more DH'ers in the PNW forum than mtbr, but there's a pretty big group of DH and FR folks on this forum....we just happen to be over 16 and ride other areas besides SST. While I love hitting SST for a quick fix, our crew prefers to hit the bigger FR stuff in the area....not to mention the shore, whistler, etc. The most talented riders I know ride epic XC rides and rip the biggest stuff out there......balance is where it's at!! Plus, doing 15-20 Whistler runs a day takes a certain level of fitness.

    Post up some of your RR's and pics from your FR adventures and you'll see those peeps come out of the woodwork.

    Cheers,
    EB

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FoxOverFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Foxoverfence, I'd say you're correct with that assesment. Ridemonkey definitely has more DH'ers in the PNW forum than mtbr, but there's a pretty big group of DH and FR folks on this forum....we just happen to be over 16 and ride other areas besides SST. While I love hitting SST for a quick fix, our crew prefers to hit the bigger FR stuff in the area....not to mention the shore, whistler, etc. The most talented riders I know ride epic XC rides and rip the biggest stuff out there......balance is where it's at!! Plus, doing 15-20 Whistler runs a day takes a certain level of fitness.

    Post up some of your RR's and pics from your FR adventures and you'll see those peeps come out of the woodwork.

    Cheers,
    EB
    Good to know! Yeah I've seen your posts about your trips to Whistler. We're just getting into our outward expansion from SST...so definitely more trips to other places like the Shore, Black Rock, PA, etc. as well as the mountain fitness rides like St Helen's, Esmeralda, Miller Peak and so forth. You won't be getting the big huck pictures from us though as we're still in the intermediate stage not to mention searching for areas to ride that don't all feature the big stuff that we can ride...

    I do enjoy all the ride reports though and hope to contribute some in the future. As long as we can get some good action pics that aren't blurry.

    Linda

  8. #58
    m0un#a!n 8ik3r
    Reputation: Double E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOverFence
    Okay, I'm female but definitely no lady....cuz I like to get dirty and sweaty and I don't wear white gloves!
    Heh… I guess I always forget that some ladies wear those funny white gloves (I've never associated much with, much less related to, the white glove types).

    Personally, I guess I've always used "lady" and "woman" interchangeably… and "ladies" fit better together with "lurkers", just for alliterative purposes.

  9. #59
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOverFence
    You won't be getting the big huck pictures from us though as we're still in the intermediate stage not to mention searching for areas to ride that don't all feature the big stuff that we can ride...

    I do enjoy all the ride reports though and hope to contribute some in the future. As long as we can get some good action pics that aren't blurry.

    Linda
    Linda, the size of the huck isn't what's important....it's the size of the stoke! Seriously, progression happens for different people at different rates and what's important is that folks have fun and ride within themselves.

    FYI, if you haven't done one of these camps, I highly recommend it! They've got 2 in North Van, 3 in Whistler and 1 in B'ham this year, so lots of opportunity to up the skills. From folks that have taken both the dirt series and the "spokeswomen" camps, this one gets slightly higher marks. Anyway, as someone that's seen my wife's skills go through the roof because of these camps over the years, I always recommend them......

    Cheers,
    EB
    Last edited by ebxtreme; 02-22-2007 at 01:36 PM.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FoxOverFence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Linda, the size of the huck isn't what's important....it's the size of the stoke! Seriously, progression happens for different people at different rates and what's important is that folks have fun and ride within themselves.

    FYI, if you haven't done one of these camps, I highly recommend it! They've got 2 in North Van, 3 in Whistler and 1 in B'ham this year, so lots of opportunity to From folks that have taken the dirt series and the "spokeswomen" camps, this one gets slightly higher marks. Anyway, as someone that's seen my wife's skills go through the roof because of these camps, I always recommend them......

    Cheers,
    EB
    Hey now, why isn't your wife posting some ride reports to inspire us!

    I've got some friends taking the North Van course while I'm down at the PA shuttle day so I'll miss that and I hear it is terrific. I did take a couple class sessions over the past couple years, with the West Coast School up at Whistler and then with Simon of Fluidride. Definitely learned alot. I think I'm at the point where I need to push myself and leave the tried and true behind. Kind of hard to get over the hump and do something new, though...

    But really all kinds of ride reports are good, as someone else said, it's good to see people posting reports at the more modest levels of riding or hucking to see just how they progress and places they go. And the brain trauma people go through to try something new.

    Hum, guess I'm no longer a lady lurker...well, that sounds bad....

  11. #61
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxOverFence
    Hey now, why isn't your wife posting some ride reports to inspire us!

    I've got some friends taking the North Van course while I'm down at the PA shuttle day so I'll miss that and I hear it is terrific. I did take a couple class sessions over the past couple years, with the West Coast School up at Whistler and then with Simon of Fluidride. Definitely learned alot.
    The wife loves to ride her bike, but doesn't like to talk about riding her bike. Plus, all the incessant gear talk is more than she can handle....it drives her crazy!

    Cool, well if your friends are taking the camp, I may see them up there, I'll likely be riding sweep on some of the dirt series camps this year....

  12. #62
    Gravity is cool.
    Reputation: tadrscin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    143
    My name is Ray and I'm Linda's other half. Like she said we've been getting into the FR/DH more and have deen doing so for a little over a year or so. We've been to places like Whistler, Sunpeaks and Black Rock. We'd like to check out some more places like Port Angeles, Mt Hood and Beacon. We're gonna go to the shuttle day at PA and again at Black Rock. I have a Yakuza Kumicho, Kona Coiler and I'm just building up a Santa Cruz Superlight (thanks Borneo) for those epic rides. Here's me on my Coiler having fun at one of Borneo's yard rides


  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9

    Hello to all of you!

    Okay, I'll come out of the shadows. I have been enjoying MTBR for a couple of years. I first visited the site when I was researching which bike to buy. My name is Chelsea and I live in Eastern Washington, about an hour north of Spokane. This season will be my third season mountain biking. I love long cross country rides in scenic places. I have enjoyed joining the BBTC for rides such as Ape Canyon, Devil's Gulch, Cooney Lake, Palisades, and even places as far away as Sun Valley. This summer I am looking forward to exploring the Oakridge and Bend area trails by once again joining up with the BBTC. Thanks to all of you in that club who lead rides and have made it possible for me to have others to ride with in awesome places.

    It was through an East meets West ride put on by BBTC at the Kettle Crest that I met Penny (Formica) and some others with the Spokane IMBA club, FTTRC. I have really enjoyed connecting with them and being an extension of the club as I have been participating in a community collaboration project involving the Colville National Forest Plan revision. Through this process, I have become much more familiar with IMBA and am so glad we have a group like this as advocates of mountain biking.

    The Kettle Crest is my stomping ground so I hope a lot of you will join the third annual East meets West ride there in July. There are some great trails which will likely be recommended for Wilderness in the near future so we need to enjoy riding them while we still can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mfisher1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    420
    reporting for roll call...
    live out in duvall, just NE of seattle. mostly ride tolt-macdonald, the middle fork area, and ft. ebey. wanna get to some of the rides near leavenworth and mt. rainier.
    tight twisty technical singletrack is what i lust for.
    been riding a '97 cannondale F900 for the past 10 years. just got this beauty a week ago:




  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Turtle 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,145
    Turtle here in Seattle and loving the ride. Here's a couple pics from our local trails; Devils Gulch and South SeaTac. Believe it or not, there some seriously talented riders, map makers and trail pals in these pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 03-01-2007 at 12:19 AM.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    13

    Jimmy B

    Ride at few of the local places. This summer should be my year to go to some other non local places. Tadrscin and Linda have both arms violently twisted behind my back and have threatened major bodily harm if I don't go up to whisler this season
    3 bikes
    GT hrdtl
    trek liquid 20
    trek session 77
    Jimmy B
    photo by Tadrscin
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3

    new to the area

    sean in bothell. moved up from san jose, ca.
    so i don't really know where to ride. i've been to finn hill which was a blast, but not enough hills to earn the ride.
    the best type of ride for me is 60-90 minutes of climbing and then singletrack back down. i bought a jekyl 5 years ago and haven't found a good reason to trade it in yet.
    my old favorites for those who know the bay area:
    power poles, dogmeat, overgrown
    demo forest
    henry coe
    so i guess i'll just go through the trails listed on mtbr and in kissing the trail until i find some good ones. i've heard about tiger mountain, so that's my next stop.

  18. #68
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by fanucci
    sean in bothell. moved up from san jose, ca.
    so i don't really know where to ride.
    so i guess i'll just go through the trails listed on mtbr and in kissing the trail until i find some good ones. i've heard about tiger mountain, so that's my next stop.
    Sean, Just a head's up that Tiger isn't open until mid April (closes in the winter due to the amount of water on those trails). Check out the bbtc website for ride locations and some good weeknight/weekend rides. It won't take you long to figure out where a few good locations are.

    Cheers,
    EB

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3
    thanks for the closure note. that would have been a disappointing drive.
    i'll try bbtc.

    -sean

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,792
    Everyone knows who I am.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

  21. #71
    Sweet
    Reputation: crtlnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    524
    I'm Courtland and I live in Tacoma.I like the new blueberry Clif bar.
    I like to ride the local trails a lot.
    Barring no injuries this summer/fall will have some good long rides.
    Bend, Kettle Falls, Ape Canyon/Plains for sure. Hopefully an epic or two out of Entiat and Methow.
    Some riding in the Olympic P. Mt Mueller for sure.
    Bellingham Traverse, MOMAR adventure race in BC(or two).
    All interspersed with sea kayaking, trail running, backpack, road bike.
    Want to buck-up for the summer in Capitol Forest soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crtlnd; 03-13-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    More fun than an open casket funeral

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    41
    Peter Here,
    I was going to school at WSU, rode moscow mtn lots and all around campus, daytripped to beacon constantly....now i live in bellingham...

  23. #73
    El Pollo Diablo
    Reputation: SnowMongoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,479
    Pete, hit me up if you want to ride with someone less skilled than you sometime!
    :P

    Going to school, or working here?
    (based on the job market, assuming the former)

  24. #74
    Former Bike Wrench
    Reputation: mtnbiker72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,985

    Rainier OR

    Aaron here...Live in Rainier, OR but ride a lot in WA

    Ride Stella Ridge, Growler's Gulch, Mt. St. Helens, and Norm's Trails (Astoria, OR)

    Would like to learn more about Growler's and Stella

    Would like to ride Capital Forest

    Miss riding in the SW (Oregon native, but UNLV grad)...Bootleg Canyon, Cottonwood Canyon, Gooseberry Mesa, Sedona

    Scaling back my FR to AM, latest ride is a Jamis XLT

    Attached Images Attached Images

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMongoose
    Pete, hit me up if you want to ride with someone less skilled than you sometime!
    :P

    Going to school, or working here?
    (based on the job market, assuming the former)
    Nah, i got a job up here after i graduated!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •