Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    V-Shaped Rut
    Quote Originally Posted by kamaaina1 View Post
    Sean here, from the "Couv" Vancouver. 10mi. North of Portland OR.
    Looking to upgrade from my Mongoose EFX...Don't laugh!
    We all gotta start somewhere, not like there aren't plenty of used bicycles in the Portland area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I was a member a while back, kinda been a lurker. Now back, Bellingham area. All Mountain rider, ride galbraith alot and any other trail i can get my bike on. Anyone looking for a galbraith partner, hit me up. Otherwise, see on you on the trails.
    Ride: 2011 enduro comp, with A few basic upgrades.!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Introduce yourself! What kind of riding do you do? What new trail do you want to hit next?

Im Rob. I guess i do XC but i like to go down hills just not DH lol. I mainly ride the Black Diamond area and i wanna go to Duthie Hill some time.

mtbr member
    Trevor from Auburn
    im into all types but just started ridding downhill and technical cross country are my favorites
    I am trying to find new trails i moved here a week ago any suggestions help!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    TP, you should go to evergreen mt. bike alliance. I cant post links yet so Google them. They are probably the best resource for mt. bike trails in Washington. I usually go to black diamond to ride. On EMBA, its called Lake Sawyer,

mtbr member
    That was the first place i Rode when i moved then i heard about tape worm but i will check that out!! thanks for the advice and bike clubs around here that you can meet new people to ride with cause right now its me and my dog.

mtbr member
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club

Check out the trail guide and the ride calendar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    what up yall want to get into all mountain was a downhiller in Michigan just moved out here and want to ride everything.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    living in bothell! hit me up if you wanna buddy to ride with!

mtbr member
    Matt from Federal Way.

Getting back into the saddle after a hiatus. I'm interested in starting a bit slow and riding regularly this coming year and beyond. Family riding and single-track interests. I have new 29er I'm breaking (hopefully without breaking self).
    What is the temperature of a Taun-taun?
    Luke Warm.

mtbr member
    John
    Live in Seattle, near UW
    Ride at Duthie, Big Finn Hill, Paradise Valley, Summit Ridge, Tiger MTN, Stevens Pass, Whistler (once a year)

Rode at Northstar last year, pretty sweet, but after you've been to Whistler...

Hoping to explore more areas in the PNW this summer, including around Bellingham and Capital Forest
    --------------------------------
    2013 DiamondBack Mason

2011 Transition Bottlerocket
    Seattle, USA

mtbr member

Re: Washington State Roll Call:

Travis from Bellingham.
    Ride Galbraith for flowy fun.
    Chuckanuts too. and all in between
    I ride Ss HT 29er. Not a hucker but still like to pretend I'm extreme.
    Hope to ride more of wa..

mtbr member
    Jan 2014

Twin Harbors

Jimbo from Grayland. I don't necessarily fantasize becoming the scourge of the Twin Harbor's South Beaches on my new (currently under construction in my kitchen) Pugsley, but I figure its worth a try. At least while the craze is still relatively new and there ain't much competition.
    One of my surf bros up in Westport acquired a used purple Pugs a few years ago, and he does his surf check on it every morning. It has held up fairly well to his rather sketchy and minimal maintenance. I used to think it looked ridiculous. But then I took it for a spin. It was a ridiculous good time! Addicting, even. Beware!

I'll be riding my Pugs here on the Twin Harbors beaches, as well as other places. Mainly here, though, as this is where I live . I hope to see some of you out here!

EMBA Member
    Slim from south Seattle by the airport. Not much of a downhill guy because it kills my knee but I love tight and twisty; Tapeworm, Parasite, and a bit of Silkworm. Just been at it a short time, 4th of July of last year, so I am a joey. But you know, that Ryan's pretty cool. After all pain is what aspirin is for isn't it? Slim

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Moved out here from Michigan last Thanksgiving. I'm an all mountain type of guy and have really only been riding for around a year. Now that I live in the PNW I pretty much itch to ride everyday. I live in West Seattle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm Chris, won't be out there until late July, but the anticipation is killing me so I will post now. Going to be in Vancouver. I ride XC but that's by default since living in WI. I want to totally flip the switch and go AM. Willing to travel, but my time to do so is limited. Is there enough AM between Vancouver-ish and Northern OR? In search of some bro-dudes to ride with around Vanco, PM me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

hey there

Quote Originally Posted by dlbennett View Post
    Introduce yourself! What kind of riding do you do? What new trail do you want to hit next?

Dennis (or MTBR name)
    Technical Cross Country
    Hills above Vantage. High desert, vast views.
    Ben, Burlington WA

all mountain some freeride (galby and chuckanuts). looking forward to black rock (again this summer), xanadu, tres hombres, rode MRT last year and it was great. ride on, have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ugly View Post
    I'm Chris, won't be out there until late July, but the anticipation is killing me so I will post now. Going to be in Vancouver. I ride XC but that's by default since living in WI. I want to totally flip the switch and go AM. Willing to travel, but my time to do so is limited. Is there enough AM between Vancouver-ish and Northern OR? In search of some bro-dudes to ride with around Vanco, PM me.
    Hey Chris,
    You should check out our Evergreen Cold Creek Chapter when you get in town - they are based just north of Vancouver in Battle Ground, and maintain a sweet set of trails. Cold Creek Mountain Bikers | The Cold Creek Chapter of Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance

And there's plenty to ride in northern OR too. Check in with our friends at Northwest Trail Alliance | in Portland for more beta.

Be aware, you might run into some ladies who rip pretty hard too - not just bro-dudes...
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Hi, I live in Roslyn. Extremely avid dirt biker for 34 years and just discovered mtb. I bought a new bike, and have ridden twice now. I love it! I'm not too familiar with mtb terminology, but, I believe I'm an all mountain Enduro rider. Best ride of the two I've been on was Roslyn Ridge, descending into town was just awesome!

I bought a Specialized Enduro 29" wheel. I like it so far!

Hope to make some riding friends on here. I'm strong and "fit", but my cardio needs some work so I need brief breaks is all! LOL!

Regards

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Im new to the mtbr forum and mtb in general.

Partypoopr(Jared)
    Ill try anything but since im new to it wont try the most difficult trails. I like swan creek since its les than 15 min from my house. Also my ride is a 2014 specialized hardrock sport disc 29 and havent taken on any trails yet, I am testing the trails with my basher(less expensive ride). Any suggestions for trails in the tacoma-ish area for a noob.

mtbr member
    I ride Swan Creek quite a bit—maybe we'll see each other on the trails.

I also like Dash Point—it's close to Tacoma, has lots of climbing but also some fast downhills [xc though, not the gnarly downhill you see in the magazines]. There's also a nice loop around Ft. Steilacoom Park that's sometimes used for xc races...roughly 5 miles, but there are some other short singletrack sections that aren't part of the race loop. There are also some really nice trails across the Narrows: Banner Forest, 360 Trails, and a few others that I haven't ridden yet/don't recall the names for. A bit further north, there's all the SeaTac trails—lots of fun!

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance has a pretty comprehensive trail wiki here, if you want to do some exploring:

Evergreen Trail Guide

My only ride is getting powder coated this week, but in 2-3 weeks I'll be back out at Swan Creek.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Cool I will check that evergreen site more in the days to come. What kind of bike you ride? I maybe getting a iron horse maverick 4.2, any thoughts or anything on these bikes?

mtbr member
    My philosophy on bikes is: I've been on the same Stumpy hard tail since 2004—26" wheels and all. I ride mainly cross-country trails, but I like a drop and a jump thrown in now and then. I do plan to buy a 29er if my current frame ever cracks, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. I've had hundreds of miles of fun on the same old trusty bike and I just haven't felt the need to buy the latest and greatest.

All that said, the Ironhorse makes decent bikes with good components at an affordable price. I've never ridden one though; I'd suggest a test ride on a local trail, if they'll let you, before buying. You might be happy with the price tag, but hate the ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I picked up a iron horse maverick 4.2, and after riding it a lil bit the last two days it needs adjusting a lil bit and the front shock need a lil attention, other than that it is a well rounded bike id say. I am getting new rotors for it due to non matching rotor and it already bugging the crap out of me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Just starting riding about 2 weeks ago and found this website. I'm an avid outdoors man been hiking & mountaineering as much as possible, now I think I'm addicted to mountain biking. I have a Specialized Hardrock I'm currently riding and upgrading...having a lot of fun. I've been riding St. Edwards mostly. I want to get up to Stevens Pass park this summer and also do some long distance rides. I'd like to do some recreation enduro stuff if it exists?

Does anyone have any recommendations for good family trails I could bring my 10 year old daughter on? I'd like to explore Tiger Mountain but that may be to much elevation gain for kids? Thanks.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast