Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm Harvey, from Bellingham. Not much of a mountain biker, but I hike a lot in Galbraith so find the trail updates here of interest.

Also want to say, pretty much every interaction I have with mountain bikers while hiking up in Galbraith has been pleasant, even when my dog - who is not too bike-savvy - causes them to slow down. I appreciate that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hello from Marysville

My son rides a Kona Cinder Kone and I ride a Trek Wahoo.

Looking forward to hitting some good trails soon.

mtbr member
    Hi all,

I'm Troy from Maple Valley. I am just getting back into mountain biking after eight years.
    Currently searching for used and budget friendly parts to build up a hardtail.
    My favorite area to ride was Galbraith Mt in Bellingham, WA. I am looking forward to checking out Tiger Mt. and Duthie.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I recently moved to Skagit County and I have picked up mountain biking out here. Now all I need to do is find some beginner friendly trails in my area...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Korvus View Post
    I recently moved to Skagit County and I have picked up mountain biking out here. Now all I need to do is find some beginner friendly trails in my area...
    First place to look is right here.

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club

Washington has just about any kind of riding you could want at any level. Even if some trails aren't "beginner" taking intermediate trails and just taking them slower is fun as well. Just make sure your brakes are in good working order. "XC" trails are a good place to start and depending on your conditioning, any of them should serve you well.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Welcome back to biking Troy! And be sure to check out all the great trails in Black Diamond (Henry's Ridge, Lake Sawyer and Summit Ridge). They're right in your backyard. You can get all the deets here: http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
    Quote Originally Posted by DyerTM View Post
    Hi all,

I'm Troy from Maple Valley. I am just getting back into mountain biking after eight years.
    Currently searching for used and budget friendly parts to build up a hardtail.
    My favorite area to ride was Galbraith Mt in Bellingham, WA. I am looking forward to checking out Tiger Mt. and Duthie.
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Noob here in Olympia. Been riding my GT aggressor 1.0 on the Chehalis western trail for 6 months now, and will be hitting Dash Point up with my buddy for the first off-road experience this weekend. Looking forward to it!!

Looking for some newbie friendly folks to ride Cap. Forrest with sometime in the near future.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    New to PNW/Seattle area so trail virgin here. Currently the only bike I have setup at this time is a rigid steel SS. The geared bike is in pieces waiting on a chainring from HBC (if that ever comes). So looking for some places I can get away with a rigid SS... I don't mind walking a few sections if necessary, but don't want to be spending 1/2 the time up or down on my feet.

And if anyone has suggestions for XC/Technical XC tire setups for a carbon hardtail 29er I would appreciate any input.

Eric

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm Jeremy, and just resurrected my 1997 Gary Fisher Paragon hardtail for local riding.

I live in Bellevue so I mainly hit the smaller trails within riding distance from me. There's one right next to me house that no one is ever on, so that's my practice trail.

I hope to hit Duthie soon, and am also looking for a new 29er (either Scott Scale Team, Cannondale F29 2, or Specialized Carve Comp).

I'm very grateful that this resource exists!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hi folks,

I'm new to the area, just moved from Klamath Falls OR up to Mill Creek. Retook up mountain biking a few months back. Still figuring my way around and trying to find more trails. Primarily been riding Paradise Conservation, Lord Hill, and Pilchuck Tree Farm.

mtbr member
    Used to be a member a few years ago, that was before i was marrieds and had a couple kids
    Now back at it as much as i can. I live in Yakima and like to ride a few spots around the outside of town and a couple places off H410
    1985 Ritchey Timber Comp
    1985 Ritchey Ascent
    1987 Ritchey Timberwolf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YakimaDeathYaks View Post
    Used to be a member a few years ago, that was before i was marrieds and had a couple kids
    Now back at it as much as i can. I live in Yakima and like to ride a few spots around the outside of town and a couple places off H410
    right on man! Have you ridden any of the trails at the Rocky Top trailhead we are developing? Single Track Alliance of Yakima is building them.

mtbr member
    John Olsen (Uncle Knobby from 94 to 2002). I've been riding in Washington since 1981, first at Tiger, then in the Skagit Valley from 1986 on. Anybody who likes technical riding with old slow guys, or needs technical training... will work for mochas. I mainly ride in Anacortes and Galbraith, but I know all of the trails north of Stanwood...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Nathan with Kitsap Racing on Bainbridge.
    Like long, grueling, epic rides that make me want to collapse afterwards.
    Trails that flow nicely and leave a grin on my face afterwards, are the best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Hey, yo.

Okay, I don't really talk like that (bro). I've been dead on the forums for QUITE some time now... almost two years? But I'm BACK! Except you wouldn't probably know it, because I've never posted in this region before. I've ridden Tiger mountain though, about 5 years ago.

The dead zone was Illinois. UGH. But before that was Boulder. YES! Now, out there I set a bad precedent of giving up on people and doing a lot of solo biking, because I just needed to GTFO and they were not abiding.

I want to set a different precedent here. So somebody here wants a free ride to a trail or two, I know it, I can smell it, I can taste it.

I ride an '08 Fuel EX 8 (I think, right? '09?) Too many eights. At one point I felt like I was getting to the limits of it and was looking more toward all-mountain. But right now I'm a tub of playdoh. The bike still has the Maxxis Aadvantage (loose over hardpack) tires on which suited Colorado very well. Concerned about that here. Advice welcome (for once

EDIT: Oh, and I also do a bit of rally racing... not sure that's relevant here. Unfortunately, the car, the flatbed, my pickup, my welder, my tools, that's all back in Chicago. I can't even really fix my own damned bike right now : (
    Last edited by EmTee; 09-24-2012 at 02:01 AM. Reason: XTRA!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey everybody, I am from Puyallup and am just getting back into biking. I love hiking and have been looking to get back into biking for a while. I purchased a bike that fits my ability level and hope to be upgrading both bike and ability soon!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey uncle knobby I would love and be honored to ride with ya
    Let's do a ride, I live in mount vernon

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    New to the forum fellow washington member.. Tacoma
    Last edited by Stumpy253; 10-18-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Place

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hey all; new to the MTBR forums, hoping to find some good XC riding partners here in the PNW.
    I ride FS and a rigid steel SS, so I'm up for anything.
    PM me and let's ride!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    good

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It would be nice to get out and ride but it has been so cold.

mtbr member
    Hi guys/gals new to the forum. Started mtbing in 1991, bought a harley in '06 and now getting back into the sport I love after a little hiatus. Boy do I miss Victor Falls. Anybody ridin Little Bald Mtn this past summer? I remember this trail as being one of the best in washington. Is it still as good as I remember?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey all,
    Returning into the bike scene after a long break. Incase you all wanted to know I ride.....wait for it..... A BIKE. Im sure you really dont care what brand of bike I ride so Ill spare you all from the name dropping. Anyways as I said before im getting back into bike riding. Hopefully I pick up a few rides from here.

www.jorba.org
    Jeff from New Jersey, and living part time in Spokane. I live off of High Drive so I've been exploring the High Drive (Bluff) trails lately. I don't have a car out here in WA yet (it's still in NJ) so I'm limited to where I can pedal too, but love having pedal-only access to these trails from my doorstep (not too mention a couple of awesome craft brew pubs and lots of great eats).

My wife and I will become permanent residents sometime in 2013 once the house in NJ is sold.
    www.JORBA.org - You Dig?
    What would we do without trails? www.IMBA.com

mtbr member
    Sean here, from the "Couv" Vancouver. 10mi. North of Portland OR.
    Looking to upgrade from my Mongoose EFX...Don't laugh!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast