Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    ...and another soul steps onto the gear treadmill! Glad you're enjoying the riding!

Cascadia Dirt Cup offers an enduro series and there's one being offered on Tiger Mountain September 20th if you'd like to jump in on some more familiar turf.

For family rides Duthie is always a good place to start since it has such a range of skillbuilding and easy-to-expert trails. The Evergreen Trail Guide now also lets you sort by skill/grunt level so you can find an easier, family friendly ride. Hope that helps a little and happy riding!

Cheers,
    Bryan Rivard
    Senior Marketing Manager
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    If your near tacoma, check out swan creek. I enjoyed this place till i went to tiger mtn and cracked my frame. I is a great confidence building trails park for mor confidence on a bike and such. mostly flat/dh.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thank you for the replies!! Much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    New guy here in the Olympia area, been browsing for a few weeks hope to see you guys around.

mtbr member
    I'm Jim and ride a 2007 Rocky Mountain etsx70, I also have a 1999(I believe) Schwinn Homegrown Hardtail in bassboat blue.

I ride all mountain and xc. I am not a big air guy.

I moved to Mount Vernon July 18th. I am hopefully going to close on a house in Bellingham on Sept 15th.

I have ridden Chuckanut, Galbraith, Heart Lake, Cranberry Lake, Little Mountain, and Pillchuck Tree Farm since I have been here.

I have been riding a long time, in 2013 I rode about 1500 miles of dirt. In 2014 I got way too busy and got my first rides in after I moved here. I have probably ridden 15 times since I got here. My cardio is poor right now. I am slow up hill, but can mostly hold my own downhill.

Love it here so far. It will be great when I get my family out here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hey guys, I'm john from Mill Creek. Just got into riding a few months ago (only 17!) and it's a blast. I'm really digging flowy trails, mostly cuz they're easy to go fast on haha. Ride alot of Paradise lake, st. eds, duthie, and Japanese gulch.

I'm out of shape, and hope to improve enough to make some real headway into new trails next spring and summer.
    If you got any tips or gear you think is essential for WA riding, let me know!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Glenn near Woodinville. Discoverd mountain biking four or five years ago when my boy (25), said, "hey dad, come ride one of my bikes on some singletrack". First time out, half hour latter went down hill like a bat of hell and made the mistake of looking squarely at a big maple I was trying to get around. Next thing I knew I was on the ground looking up at the canopy of the tree, thinking, "THIS IS FANTASTIC". Now More or less retired officially for the third time this past January so I can devote more time to serious pursuits - mainly biking and sailing. I like to carry a Stumpjumper on the taff rail of my sailboat, so I can explore what ever singletrack or backroads I can find in the San Juan's. Best ride to date, climbing Mount Constitution via road from Rosario resort, then 20 miles of singletrack spiraling back down the mountain to the resort, for phenomenal dinner.

Mostly have been training this past winter and spring for a long distance xcountry tour - great divide route route maybe.

Also have ridden Hanson ridge couple of times, but am to out of shape to 'conquer' it. It conquered me.

So now recently bought a Mukluk fat bike and am trying to decide if this will cause me to sell my other bikes. Any other ORGs (old retired guys) out there want to plan a trip somewhere, let me know. IAm game.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a great bunch of riders in the PNW. I started riding Mtn Bikes in Bham, lived in Gig Harbor for a long stretch (Banner Forest, Green Mtn, Capital Forest) and now live in Snoqualmie Pass. I ride XC usually on a Trek 69er SS, but on occasion I take out my vintage Klein Mantra with gears. I love all the local pass trails, the rock areas in Cle Elum and the Teanaway. Although I've ridden all over the PNW, one of my favorite rides is the Siouxon trail in S. WA. Lewis River is probably second.. I dragged a bike to Ft Collins in October and didn't even get it to the dirt.
    I'm really Jonesing for a fat bike.

mtbr member
    AnimalBikeMan,
    Keep me in mind once the snow melts. I too am an ORG and I would love to talk about a fat bike trip in N. Idaho.

mtbr member
    Fat bikes are a ton of fun. Mine has seen way more dirt than snow or sand. They are amazing mid summer when it is loose over hardpack.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member
    Mr. Lynch, do you have any qualms about the Fatboy? They look fantastic. I would probably lean toward the lower priced model and change bits as they fail. I am watching a couple of them.

mtbr member
    Not at all. Even people that think they are stupid try it and smile and giggle like a school girl when riding it. It's amazing in the mud too. I actually replaced a 29er hardtail with in and dont regret it all all.
    I have the standard fatboy and put a Bluto fork and a dropper on it and basically turned it into a trail bike. So much fun! It went from "part time cruiser" to my bad weather bike. If they had the SE model when I got mine (got it when they released) I would ahve gone that route since I replaced the fork right away.
    13 SJ Evo, 14 Aurum, 14 Fatboy, 15 P.3

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    howdy all, my name is stuart. I have ridden 24" bmx for years but didnt feel comfortable hitting mountains on it. picked up a remedy 8 27.5" around new years and ive been riding galbraith a few times a week since. hope to do a lot more exploring this summer around the whatcom area. excited about lookout mountain and lake whatcom trails.
    i work nights so im always up to explore new places in the mornings and meet new folks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Brian Longview area. Just started riding again. I picked up a KHS the other day. Riding type, Hell I don't know !! I haven't ridden in 20 years. So thinkin I will just start with the easier rides. Hope to see ya on a trail ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Brian Longview area. Just started riding again. I picked up a KHS the other day. Riding type, Hell I don't know !! I haven't ridden in 20 years. So thinkin I will just start with the easier rides. Hope to see ya on a trail ;-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I'm Jay. Just moved to Bellevue with my Rocky Mountain Slayer. I like downhill, nasty and chunky and steep as possible. I'm just getting in to drops and jumping.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Kristopher from the Bham area. This will be my second summer riding and I just ride anything at Galbraith that does not look like it will kill me on my hardtail. I like the more flowy stuff.

mtbr member
    Hey everybody! My name is Garrett I'm 23, I live in Enumclaw, and this will be my first year getting into biking, I have never been on a trail around here and haven't been on a bike in years. I recently bought a 2013 Diamondback Sorrento off craigslist that was basically brand new, I have a tighter budget since my wife and I just had our first kid 2 weeks ago, so this was the best bang for the 100$ he wanted I felt like.

Looking forward to learning a lot on here and finding some fun trails!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hello all,
    My name is Jason (38), I am originally from Elma, Wa, and moved to Olympia at 18. I grew up racing BMX, and MTBing in The Capital Forest (Mostly on Porter Creek side as I lived on Mox Chehalis Rd.) I raced BMX until about 20, then began gearing towards Dirt Jumping. I have spent a lot of time at Dart Trails (I'm Hollywood) over the years. I did dabble in XC racing when I was 20/21 yrs old (this is when I began to ride this side of Cap forest, greenline 6, etc), but didn't really love it.
    So I decided to get back into big bikes and just picked up a 08 PBR Transition BottleRocket. I have been playing around on it a week now, and its been fun. Full Suspension is a whole new joy! I can tell already, a upgrade is in my near future too.
    I currently live on the west side of Olympia. Hit me up if your needing a ride partner.
    Cheers, Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Washington State Roll Call:-dart-360-table.jpg  

Last edited by H3RESQ; 05-17-2015 at 08:26 AM.

All bike, all the time
    Always humbling to see a forum newbie who can already ride better than you
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I'm sure you could take me on any hill.
    Last edited by H3RESQ; 05-17-2015 at 08:28 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    My name is Stephen, 28 y/o. PNW native I've been riding exactly one time up at Galbraith and loved it. Just bought my gear and I'm stoked to get into it this summer. Besides mountain biking I kiteboard, climb, and just like to be outdoors. I'm looking for riding partners hit me up. I just quit my job so I'm available pretty much whenever. I'm planning a cross country trip this summer too so I'll be doing some stuff all over. Cheers!

mtbr member
    I'm Jack from Renton. Been trail riding hard tails forever but just now at 27 getting into jumping and getting faster descending. Just bought my first full suspension bike last week and am already getting sucked in. Looking forward to getting comfortable airborne at Duthie over the summer. I live a couple blocks from the Tapeworm system, if you plan on riding in the area shoot me an email I'm always game for a ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Checking in again here..I'm Jim, another ORG, and I live on the coast, between Grays Harbor and Willapa Bay. I ride the beach a lot on my Pugs, but like gravel grinding the gated logging roads and riding trails.
    One year ago, I had a heart attack, and I've spent the last year getting back in condition. I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat, and have a weak valve. I don't climb hills as easily as I used to do. My cardiologist is going to hit me with the "pads" ("electrical cardioversion") next week, and hopefully, that will reset my heartbeat to normal. He said that I had recovered well enough to do the procedure. I'm hoping that then I can make more headway on improving my climbing and riding stamina.
    I want to ride some more interesting trails than I have around here, and I'm looking at doing the ride around Wynoochee Lake (really want to do this one soon), and some trails near Sylvia Lake (might even head up there this afternoon).

I've been going around in circles on some local small trail networks, and they are getting kinda old. I can't claim to know every grain of sand on the beaches here, but I'm beginning to feel like I've been within shouting distance of most of 'em:-)
    I usually ride alone, due to the lack of other riders in the area. I usually don't go for air, and I like to keep my riding under control.
    The local gated logging roads I ride are usually devoid of traffic and other cyclists. They get hilly!
    I'm looking for other riders in the area who are willing and able to hit some of the easier trails, such as the 15+ mile circumnavigation of Wynoochee Lake. I might just drive up there and do that one alone, if I can't get someone else to come along.

I'm still shopping for a reasonable trail-riding day-pack, though. The one I have is way too big for trail riding, at 35 liters. I don't use a hydration bladder, but prefer stopping and drinking from bottles, since I'm usually not in any hurry. I need something for my lunch, extra clothing, tools, emergency stuff, and first aid kit.
    I was hoping to find a suitable one online this weekend, so that I can be ready to roll the trails with my re-established heart beat! But I'm going for a ride somewhere first!

I hope that I can improve my stamina so that I can go up and ride the Plains of Abraham on my Pugs. That's one of my current goals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Good news! My electrical cardioversion was a success! I had my heartbeat set back to a regular rhythm. My irregular heartbeat and Atrial Fibrillation condition is gone! My last three measurements of my "at rest" heart rate were 58, 59 and 59 beats per minute! My cardiologist told me that I should notice a continuing improvement in my endurance and stamina, as long as I keep working on it.

I did go up and ride some trails and logging roads in Lake Sylvia State Park on Memorial Day, since it was drizzling most of the day out where I live at the beach. It was a persistent, soaking drizzle...the kind that keeps coating my eyeglasses with tiny droplets, killing my vision. So it was over to Lake Sylvia, where I hoped that it wasn't drizzling, too. I lucked out.
    I didn't ride the Sylvia Ridge trails, since I went alone, but I rode up the West Fork of Sylvia Creek (did an "out-and-back) and rode portions of a few other trails, as well as doing some gravel grinding on the logging road that follows the East Fork of Sylvia Creek.
    I rode the 3/4+ mile trail on the East side of Lake Sylvia. About 1/3 of it. The other 2/3 was hike-a-bike, lug-a-Pug, or push-a-Pug. I don't recommend this on a bike. Its better for hiking. There were too many stairs, up and down, with twists and off camber hard turns, one after another, with roots and slick muddy spots. I felt out of place there, on my fat-bike!
    The trail going along the West side of the lake is wide, ADA approved (wheelchair friendly), and easy enough to enjoy views of the lake while riding. It gets you to the upper end of the lake (Sylvia is a very small lake, just a dammed up creek, and only about 1.5 miles long), where you have some options for riding various trails and logging roads.
    It was a fun late afternoon and evening, and I plan to go back there and ride some more. I'll upload a few pics shortly.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PlutonicPlague View Post
    Good news! My electrical cardioversion was a success! I had my heartbeat set back to a regular rhythm. My irregular heartbeat and Atrial Fibrillation condition is gone! My last three measurements of my "at rest" heart rate were 58, 59 and 59 beats per minute! My cardiologist told me that I should notice a continuing improvement in my endurance and stamina, as long as I keep working on it.

I did go up and ride some trails and logging roads in Lake Sylvia State Park on Memorial Day, since it was drizzling most of the day out where I live at the beach. It was a persistent, soaking drizzle...the kind that keeps coating my eyeglasses with tiny droplets, killing my vision. So it was over to Lake Sylvia, where I hoped that it wasn't drizzling, too. I lucked out.
    I didn't ride the Sylvia Ridge trails, since I went alone, but I rode up the West Fork of Sylvia Creek (did an "out-and-back) and rode portions of a few other trails, as well as doing some gravel grinding on the logging road that follows the East Fork of Sylvia Creek.
    I rode the trail on the East side of Lake Sylvia. About 1/3 of it. The other 2/3 was hike-a-bike, lug-a-Pug, or push-a-Pug. I don't recommend this on a bike. Its better for hiking. There were too many stairs, up and down, with twists and off camber hard turns, one after another, with roots and slick muddy spots. I felt out of place there, on my fat-bike!
    It was a fun late afternoon and evening, and I plan to go back there and ride some more.
    I was up there same day with my wife and kids, guess we missed you. I did see a truck coming out with bikes as we went in. I didn't get to do any looking around for the rumored good single track I have heard about as I had the family along. We will be camping in the trailer up there sometime this summer and I'll get to look about a bit more. We just went up the mellow muddy (looks like quads have ran it) trail after you cross the cement bridge at end of lake trail. Kids enjoyed it.
    Last edited by H3RESQ; 06-02-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Miss spell

Is my rear tire flat?
    Washington State Roll Call:-232323.jpgGlad to be back in the great NW but Eastern Wa this time around. Baked a little one while we were down in California and here he is.... Introducing Blake
    Liberty Lake Wa.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

Woodinville

Hello all. I'm in Woodinville. I rode at Paradise Valley at 6 am this morning and it was glorious. I just picked up a Kona Honzo on Thursday evening. I mostly plan to ride cross country and some technical track and am looking forward to a lot more riding this summer.

Here's my beauty:

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Grew up in Arlington, but I've lived in Lake Stevens for the last 21 years.

Been riding Mtn bikes and snowboards for 30 years (with the same friends) and still enjoy as much as the first day.

We like to ride the entire mtn, up and down hills so we really enjoy the Glass school/Victoria Tract tree farm. There's a bunch of trails and some fast singletrack. I'd like to try Paradise and explore Lord hill a little, but most of all get back up to Galbraith, haven't been there in awhile.

Gave my Kona Dawg Supreme to my son (needed a riding partner and an excuse to buy a new bike) then I also picked up a Honzo and dont regret it one bit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Henry from Shoreline/Seattle,

Cross Country for now but wants to try DH soon.

I'm usually around Saint Edward/Big Finn Hill Park (still exploring this place) & Paradise Valley. Since its near me. But trying to visit Stevens Pass Bike Park before the end of the season. I need to use my (2) free tickets

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hey, Drew from Poulsbo. I ride port gamble trails, mostly XC. Looking to branch out. Great riding 10 minutes from the house is pretty hard to beat!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    NW Classic is in the house!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Central Washington here. Favorite trail is rat pac in Cle Elum because I live three minutes from the the trailhead and I don't have much else to compare to. Plan to do something out of Wenatchee this weekend, likely sage Hills

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hey, I know that guy! Let's ride Rick! I'm a normal Sat-Sun stiff now.....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910