Custom User Title
    Feb 2008

WA Racing Series?

I'm moving to Redmond from Orlando, FL. We had a great series, the Florida State Championship series. I really enjoyed it. It was an XC series.

I haven't been able to find much in this area on the Internet. Does anyone know of good racing up here?

I'll probably have to adopt to a new style of riding, Super-D or downhill, but my bike (Specialized Enduro SL) can handle it fine so that's no problem.
    Crowdgather: Find It On Forums

'07 Specialized Enduro SL with '08 Suspension

Slothful dirt hippie
    For XC there's http://indieseries.com/
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    And the budu series, and quite a bit of other XC if you're willing to drive to Oregon and BC. Also a few Super-D's around, and I'm sure more downhill then FL.

mtbr member
    Not that much in the way of Super D or Downhill in Washington although there are 2-3 races in Port Angeles and Spokane. If you decide to race XC there is a lot of hill climbing so a lighter bike would actually be better. The next race in Leavenworth has 4,950 feet of climb over 25.8 miles for experts. Sport only has 17.2 miles and 3300 feet

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For both Super D and XC racing, Friends of Capitol Forest and GL6 Racing is putting on a mountain bike festival weekend September 19 and 20th. The Super D race is on Saturday down smokin fast green line 6 trail. The XC race is on Sunday, which is offers a 10 mile beginner course with 1800 ft of gain, and a 18 mile sport/expert course with 3000ish ft of gain. Food and prizes both days, live music on Saturday night! More info on the website: http://www.capitolforest.com/races2009.html

The Indie Series as also excellent! A great way to discover the different types of trails in WA. Good luck!