Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Don't worry, be happy!

Visiting Washington? Where to ride/rent/get trail info...

Visiting Washington and want to know where to rent/ride/find ride buddies? Start here for information. Thanks to Woodway for putting this together.

If you are visiting the Seattle Area, where to ride?

See this page in the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance trail wiki:
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance Wiki

If you are visiting Spokane area where to ride?

Start with the Fat Tire Trail Riders Club in Spokane. They can generally direct you to rides in the area:

Fat Tire Trail Riders Club

Riverside State Park is great for XC; Beacon Hill has more strenuous XC, Freeride and downhill trails, and a mountain bike park.

There are no mountain bike rentals in Spokane.

Where can I find people to ride with?
    In the Seattle area, check the ride calendar on the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance website. Group rides are going off year-round. You are welcome to join any of these rides, just create a login on the site (it's free) and signup for the ride.

Evergreen Ride Calendar

In Spokane, you can hook up with locals via the Fat Tire Yahoo Group:
    Fat Tire Spokane

I need to rent a bike when I visit, where can I find a shop that rents?
    The following shops in the Seattle area are thought to rent bikes. This list changes quite often, so call the shop to be sure.:

Skagit Cycle - Anacortes & Burlington, WA - Featuring Specialized, Giant, Trek, Shimano, Santa Cruz, Redline, Electra & More!
    Fluidride

What other resources can you point me at?
    The Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance Website has a wealth of information:
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club

The Fat Tire Trail Riders Club (FTTRC) represents Mountain Bikers in the Spokane Area:
    Fat Tire Trail Riders Club (Spokane, WA)
    Last edited by formica; 08-05-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Here we go, round one. Please add obvious deletions and missing info, and I'll get them edited in and clean it up as we go along. The only thing I can think of is aside from the Evergreen Wiki, should there perhaps be direct links to mtbr thread on maybe the top three RFI areas for the state that would be "destination" rides? OR ??

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yay!

Hopefully no more answering the same question over and over just about every week.

Quite frankly, you rule.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Formica - thanks for cleaning it up and making it a sticky! I like the links to MTBR threads on top three sites. Agreeing on the "top 3" could be, well, challenging

TrailMeister
    Aug 2009
    some duplicates and some new areas here
    http://www.trailmeister.com/map_washington.htm

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    As discussed in another place, it looks like we can add Black Diamond Bikes and VeloceVelo in Issaquah to the list of places where you can rent Mountain Bikes!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Looks like Tacoma Bikes has rental MTBs as well.

mtbr member
    Hey, yo; here's a couple more:
    Singletrack Cycles
    www.singletrackcycles.com
    119 West North Bend Way, North Bend - (425) 888-4886

Alki Bike and Board; in West Seattle: ask for Stu, he's got more tricks up his sleeve than you'd imagine; his shop is a hot spot for a lot of the local kids.

Go Huck Yourself. check out their website; lot's of dirt on their site

Got Single Track is another website to look at; lot's of info on East side trails.

FYI: Zeb and Jerry bought Fluidride's bike shop from Simon, the opened the shop with a new name-Big Tree Bikes on Stone ave. 206.547.0711. stop by the shop if you're looking to rent a downhill bike; they've got new Yeti demos this year.

Can't forget Bike Works in Lake Stevens; Scott builds some of the best wheel sets around and has sponsors the Speedy Beaver Racing Team.

Bicycle Centers of Everett in Silver Lake: ask for Devin; he's got the low down on the north end trails.

Old Town Bikes is south of Tacoma.

Friends of Capitol Forest has a nice website; they have a calendar with local events.

Check out Olympic Dirt Society; their website and blog has a lot of good information on trails, rides and the local racing scene.

Bones Over Metal: Mark Brent has put together a great resource for riders, racers and everything related to the world of MTB.

Fluidride Racing is where you'll find information on some new races, rides and events in the WA area; this season Simon is hosting more Super D and Enduro type events and hoping to attract more riders from the mtb community. There are a ton of riders who love to hammer on XC / Cyclocross tracks who don't enjoy the intensity of downhill racing, who would enjoy the Super D type races.

mtbr member
    Anything Vancouver area?
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    We would need someone from the Vancouver area to compile a list of places to ride. If someone can do that and send it to me, I can make a wiki page for you and get it added to the sticky page.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just north of Vancouver there is a good system of trails, I think 60mi total, in Caste Rock (Growlers) and in Longview (Stella). They are maintained by local riders so it is tough to get a tour. I believe both bike shops in Longview Bobs and Highlander cycle will rent.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    well in leavenworth there are a great system of trails and the best place to get info is Das Rad Hous

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Enumclaw Ski and Mountain Sports rents bikes http://skiandbicycle.com/
    So does Greenwater Skis. FS Specialized bikes. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenw...23359397695106

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsula has great riding!

Port Townsend, WA, has two great riding areas (of many). Some of these locations are little known. The first being Gibbs Lake, and the second is Anderson Lake. This summer, there are two low-key local races occurring at each of these locations.

Lost in the Woods Mountain Bike Races are family friendly "out there because we love to be out there" races on the Olympic Peninsula. There will be prizes for the top three placements in all categories. Awards will follow last racer in from each category. Check this site for full information: lostinthewoodsmtbrace.blogspot.com

Pre-register it will save you a lot of money: $30 race day! Pre-registration price varies based on class entered: between $10-25. Register online at Bikereg.com. Mail or deliver your completed forms to The Broken Spoke, 835 Water Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368.

Beginner 5 miles 9:00 AM $10
    Sport 10 miles 10:00 AM $15
    Competitive 15 miles 11:00 AM $20
    Expert Mens 20 miles 1:00 PM $25
    Expert Womens 20 miles 1:00 PM $25

Please check out the site and tell your friends.

mtbr member

Vancouver....

Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    We would need someone from the Vancouver area to compile a list of places to ride. If someone can do that and send it to me, I can make a wiki page for you and get it added to the sticky page.
    I'm in Vancouver and there isn't THAT much close by, but here are my favorites:

Tarbell -- about 40 min from town towards Yacolt
    Siouxon Creek -- about an hour ride in Amboy/Chelatchie Prairie
    Lacamas/Round Lake -- 15 min out of town
    Washougal River -- 25 min from town
    Syncline -- about an hour ride towards south central WA

Post Canyon in Hood River, OR is only about an hour too.

-ctk

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Issaquah, Wa Duthie Hill is Amazing and so is Tiger Mountain. Make sure that Tiger Mt is open during your visit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Are there any good beginner trails around Bellingham harder than the InterUrban and closer than ACFL? I really enjoy ACFL but it is a bit of a drive.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Peninsula Indoor BMX / 4X

Peninsula Indoor located in Port Orchard, WA is open for the winter. Wednesday night is open practice. Cost is $5 with ABA membership $10 without.

4X Racing every Saturday night. Signups 2:30 - 3:30.

All events at Peninsula Indoor are streamed live over the internet and archived for your later viewing pleasure. check out gobmx.com for more information.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    Up on Larch Mountain in Clark County is about 35-55mi of trails on the mt. Tarbell, Bells Mountain, Silver Star are all great rides with epic views. All can be accessed just north of Vancouver through Battle Ground.

mtbr member
    May 2012

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Could anyone highlight any MTB second hand shop in Seattle? (I'm looking for a Giant Anthem like bike...)

Thank you in advance!

mtbr member
    you might try Recycled Cycles
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I'm a SoCal rider and will be visiting family next week in Bellingham. Would love to get on a Transition Covert and join some local rides. Would greatly appreciate guidance on which LBS to conact to rent a Covert and get in on some rides.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Visiting Portland in the middle of July. Im driving up to Ape Canyon and then heading back to ride Hood River. Any suggestions on Bike rentals and cheap but decent lodging near Ape Canyon and Hood River?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    There are a bunch of choices in Kelso. I stayed at the Super 8 there several years ago and it was basic, but fine. Cannot help you with Portland bike rentals, suggest you post that question over in the Oregon forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast