Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm actually going to be visiting in late july, and relocating in mid 2014, was looking at some flowy and/or technical single track stuff!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Visiting Spokane for work in mid October. Will it be too wet or snowy to ride?

Don't worry, be happy!

Visiting Washington? Where to ride/rent/get trail info...

Quote Originally Posted by mobilenemo View Post
    Visiting Spokane for work in mid October. Will it be too wet or snowy to ride?
    It just depends. Most years the really doesn't truly get crappy until late November. We tend toward blustery or Indian Summer days with some moisture. So you can get hero dirt, or freeze/thaw. Really, it can be some of the best riding of the season but the days start to shorten.

PS. I heard a rumor that Wheelsport East is now renting mountain bikes. Can anyone confirm?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    It just depends. Most years the really doesn't truly get crappy until late November. We tend toward blustery or Indian Summer days with some moisture. So you can get hero dirt, or freeze/thaw. Really, it can be some of the best riding of the season but the days start to shorten.

PS. I heard a rumor that Wheelsport East is now renting mountain bikes. Can anyone confirm?
    I called Wheelsport East and they are not renting mountain bikes.

mtb'er
    have a nice day.
    Last edited by Empty_Beer; 10-20-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: no response

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Going to be staying in downtown Seattle in july for a wedding. I'll probably only have one day to rent a bike and go ride. Any suggestions that will minimize my driving time but still give me the pacnw experience ? Thanks !

mtbr member
    From downtown it's 30-60 minutes in every direction to the PacNW experience. The closer you can get to Issaquah the better.

mtbr member
    Renting a bike - call a shop or two. If they don't rent, they should be able to direct you to one that does.
    Three riding options
    1. Duthie Hill Bike Park if you want to check out a very well built park with a little something for everyone...jumps, 5 miles of single track.
    2. Tiger Mtn...probably the most popular riding area close to Seattle. Climbing, flow trail, fast downhill.
    3. Middle Fork Snoqualmie River...back country, amazing scenery, will basically take all day.
    Go to the trail wiki on the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance website for more info.

mtbr member
    Hi Formica, when time permits can you update the first post you made here with the updated Evergreen East information (evergreeneast.org), instead of the outdated www.fttrc.org‎ links?

Don't worry, be happy!

I'm not a moderator any more so I can't edit other peoples posts. Maybe ask Shiggy to do it?

Sent from my iPad - Stupid autocorrect!

Super Clyde

I'm visiting Port Angeles in late June. Is there anything relatively close that isn't a lung buster? I would also need to rent a bike, a hard tail to be precise. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad while drinking the kool aid.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3