Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I will be in Seattle tomorrow and am renting a bike from Montlake Bike Shop. I am renting a Giant Talon, but they also have the Santa Cruz Heckler and Nomad. The guy that I've been dealing with at the bike shop is super cool and I have had a great experience so far. Now I just can't wait to pick up the bike and make it to Mount St. Helens!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I want to again tout Montlake Bike Shop. Super friendly staff make this one of the best bike shops I have ever had the pleasure to visit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anything in the Newcastle or Cougar Mountain area?

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by akakuk View Post
    Anything in the Newcastle or Cougar Mountain area?
    Nothing on Cougar (MT Bikes were booted off Cougar long ago). Closest trails are going to be tapeworm in Renton, Grand Ridge and Tiger Mountain. Check out the Evergreen Trails map for details.

Evergreen Trail Guide

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thank you for the tips!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

MTB Rental - Bellevue

Hi Flying into Bellevue from NZ and looking to check out Tiger Mtn (better suggestions welcome). Any decent rental shops in or around Bellevue or close to Tiger Mtn? Thanks. Jordy

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Kirkland Bicycles rents Mountain Bikes and is not far from Bellevue. Nice shop and nice people.

Check out the first post in the sticky, visiting Seattle and where to ride for suggestions.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks Woodway. I did. And also looked at options to hook up for a group ride on Sat or Sunday via Evergreen. I will look into Kirkland. Thx again.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    So talked to Kirkland. One rental in total..not a bad bike, but guy wanted a full paid rental fee and no refunds on weather. Also had no idea of the local trails. So, I'll keep searching.

I didn't do it
    You picked a good time to visit. Saturday looks to be sunny and around 80 deg F. Sunday will be a little cooler with the possibility of a little rain but nothing serious. Should be great riding all weekend.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Good luck in your rental search. As you can imagine, most locals have no clue about renting bikes locally (including me), but if you keep calling bike shops you'll eventually find something.

mtbr member
    Pacific Bike in Sammamish has a demo fleet they might rent out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Want to throw out a kudos' To Woodinville Bikes. They hooked me up on a nice Specialized. They posted me to Paradise where I enjoyed quality alone time. You did yourself proud today WA. Back tomorrow..maybe Tolt.

mtbr member
    Hey J,
    A couple of us are riding Tiger early tomorrow (8 am). You're welcome to join us. Otherwise, I suggest you try Grand Ridge or Tiger. Tolt is fun but very similar to Paradise. GR and Tiger have a bit more elevation and a different feel to them.
    S

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Slop- thanks. I am slow to go (jet lag) so afternoon ride for me. Tiger looks great but I think a bit daunting without some trail knowledge. May just head back to paradise for ease and enjoyment.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Jordy - Tiger is actually pretty easy. Print out the map on the Wiki, and there are always a lot of people around who will be happy to point you on your way. Glad you are enjoying riding in Paradise, it's a fun little park.

mtbr member
    I got foiled on my attempt to ride this morning, so I could show you around Tiger this afternoon if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Some of the best ridign in the state is in Anacortes, and the trails are in beautiful condition right now. You can rent bikes from Skagit Cycles, and buy trail maps there or at The Bike Spot in Anacortes. You'll never forget the riding, especially at Whistle Lake. Steep, rocky, technical, perfect.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for good all mountain/light freerdie trails, I'm told to check out Bellingham, suggestions for place to ride?

mtbr member
    Evergreen mountain bike alliance is a great site and being new to washington it has been a huge help!!

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch McGee View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for good all mountain/light freerdie trails, I'm told to check out Bellingham, suggestions for place to ride?
    Galbraith is great. Tokul East, Tiger Mountain (when it opens again) Duthie Hill. Check out the Evergreen website.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    where can I rent mountain bikes around bellingham area? thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hey. First time here. Am from Vancouver and am thinking about riding on the weekend with a friend who just moved to Seattle. Anywhere from Bellingham to Seattle. Looking for steep technical or medium jumpy. Thinking maybe riding Duthie on Saturday and then something in the Bellingham area Sunday. Could do vice versa.

Any groups going out that care to show a couple dudes around? Saturday or Sunday. We are flexible. April 20-21.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Was looking at checking out some of the trails in the Spokane area, looks like the links for the fat tire club don't work, just FYI.

Don't worry, be happy!
    https://www.facebook.com/beaconhilltrails
    https://www.facebook.com/evergreeneastMTB?fref=ts

FTTRC is being reincarnated as a chapter of Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance: Evergreen East/
    What would you like to know? There is about 70 miles of trails, mostly pretty easy singletrack, at Riverside. At Beacon Hill, (accessed from Camp Sekani Park or Esmerelda Golf Course) there is an extensive system of single track, techhy and/or flowy up and down, downhill trails, a dirt jump park, free ride stuff, big rocks to huck off and a skills park....Trails off High Drive, at Liberty Lake Park, Iller Creek Conservation area, Holiday Hills, Palisades Park, Mt. Spokane...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast