mtbr member

Visiting Spokane

Hello everyone. I live in Texas but I will be in Spokane for 3 days in late May. My wife and I are visiting so she can attend a photography workshop. The workshop is all day long for 3 days straight. In my mind this translate to 3 full days of mountain biking all to myself. No schedule, no wife, no 2 year old, no work. Just me and the trails. I'm going to bring my own bike and everything. I have been looking at the local trails online but it's hard to get an idea of what the trails are really like. Does anybody have any suggestions for great trails? I am definitely going to be checking out Minnehaha park/ Beacon Hill which is about 20 minutes from my hotel.

mtbr member
    Riverside State Park is a maze of fun XC trails. Mt. Spokane, Tower Mountain....

You will need A Discover Pass for Riverside State park.
    Washington State Discover Pass

Great riding up here. Beacon/Camp Sekani maps are sometimes available at the local bike shops.
    Arron
    2010 Felt - New Belgium Fat Tire Cruiser!!!
    2007 Kona Cinder Cone
    1996 Trek 930 commuter

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    We got a Stickey with info. It's stickey, stickey, stickey...

mtbr member

What kind of riding?

If you are here Memorial Day weekend the 24 hour race will be happening:
    Round and Round

What type of riding are you looking to do? I can point you in the right direction once I know if you are looking for XC, Freeride, Downhill, Epics, etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodway View Post
    We got a Stickey with info. It's stickey, stickey, stickey...
    Yes I am aware of the sticky, but I was hoping for some first hand accounts from fellow MTBR folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRider View Post
    If you are here Memorial Day weekend the 24 hour race will be happening:
    Round and Round

What type of riding are you looking to do? I can point you in the right direction once I know if you are looking for XC, Freeride, Downhill, Epics, etc.
    I'm down for XC, Freeride, or Downhill. I live in Texas so I have not had the chance to ride any freeride or downhill yet. I would love to try it. Looking to keep it casual and hopefully get some great footage on my GoPro Hero. I cant really get too crazy though with my 100mm travel hard tail XC style bike. Although we do have some trails here that qualify as All Mountain and it handles them just fine.

Thanks for the help guys.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Probably help you more to check back closer to, or in, May. Mother nature can be finicky that time of year. Snow, mud, rain, dry, perfect - could be anything in May.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

dude
    Don't forget Caribou Ridge which is about 45 minutes outside of Spokane on the otherside of Lake C'da.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Will you have a vehicle to take you to the goods?

mtbr member
    We have some new trails at Beacon which are great for Beginner Freeriding. There's also lots of good XC trails(both new and old).

I would also recommend Riverside, Tower Mtn, the new Holiday Hills trails at Liberty lake and 257/Caribou Ridge. Mt Spokane and Caribou may still have snow when you visit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by indiemtbkr View Post
    We have some new trails at Beacon which are great for Beginner Freeriding. There's also lots of good XC trails(both new and old).

I would also recommend Riverside, Tower Mtn, the new Holiday Hills trails at Liberty lake and 257/Caribou Ridge. Mt Spokane and Caribou may still have snow when you visit.
    Is that called Holiday Hills? That's the third name I've heard now but great trails. I was going to suggest he look you up at Beacon. Indie can you call or text me? I lost your number and I still need to get you those tools

dude
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRider View Post
    Is that called Holiday Hills?
    That's the only name that I've ever heard it called.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoedotorg View Post
    That's the only name that I've ever heard it called.
    I've also heard it called Carlson Hill and Saltese Flats trails

mtbr member
    Great, thanks for all the help guys. Sounds like lots of great riding. Lets just hope the weather cooperates.

Tim208, yes I will have a vehicle.