mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Upper and Lower SF Skokomish, need help

Have you have ridden the Upper or Lower South Fork Skoke outside of Shelton in the past few years? If yes we have a couple of questions that Evergreen could use your help with. We’ve collected a fair amount of data already but your input would be very valuable.

Please email olympics@evergreenmtb.org and we can either send you the questions or arrange a brief phone call. This is time sensitive so if you have ridden here please contact us in the next day or two.

Thanks
    Glenn
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i haven't been able to ride out there within the last few years. BUT sans big project, this ride would be at least a bi-yearly ride. It's a good ride in that the trails are relatively buff, there is alot of up and down but it's manageable since you're not worried about too much tech til the upper part of the trail.

A few years back i was talking to Fredrika S about trying to do a beginner graduation type ride on it. With the out and back you can tailor it to work where you can have groups that can ride together and not get too split apart.

It compares well with many river rides, minus the excessive ruggedness. And the grades are steep on the climbs but with the smooth trails, they seem to relent before you gas. Almost as if it was designed to provide a perfect challenging cardio workout.

And the forest is mixed with some nice old growth, so there is a nice Ewok forest appeal.

Haven't yet been to Olympic Discover or checked out Dry Hill in years (heard they now have rugged XC?) But it's Dungeness/Gold Creek, and it's Skokomish as rides that i've found to have enough of the variable factors to make for a good XC ride in that area.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../