mtbr member
    May 2004

Upper Beaver Pond: T-West

Slop and I got to use the gate key and drove in to clear the upper end. Still needs a little tweaking but open again. Will be blocking off the lower really muddy (horsey) entrance next trip.

Snowing on us as we started and warm and sunny a few hours later....

Weird, once again saw no one else but the lot had several cars with bike racks when we got back.

mtbr member
    FT3Kand Mid-town are too good to pass on these days. Will need to get my TWest Fix soon though. Thanks for the work as always.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Why pass on them? Ride it all....

mtbr member
    Time is rarely on my side. Have to pick my battles. I ususally go in streaks where it's TE for 4-5 rides, then TW. Through in a couple of Tour-de-Tokuls in the middle.

Looking forward to the Tiger opening to mix it up a bit more. Need to get back down to Black Diamond and up to Paradise too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Upper Beaver Pond: T-West

Borneo & Slop...thanks for the new trail. It'll be great once it settles in.

I too had weird weather today...rain, wind, sun and hail. PNW spring.

I hacked back the ferns and raked the last of the small logging debris off the last two upper sections of beaver Pond today. Also took care of most of the mud pits...All rolling nicely and added a nice little rock jump. :-)

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Beaver Pond, Upper Beaver Pond, Middle, Pink Ribbon, Bypass, Bobsled were all rolling nice 2day.
    The quiver: 2010 Santa Cruz Nomad, 2011 Specialized Demo II, 2011 Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy.

mtbr member
    Hit it on Saturday and it was like riding in June. Super fast super tacky. Changes to Bypass look good although we didn't ride. Next time.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    More "changes" coming Navigator...

Side note: Two equestrians seen riding down lower TD on Sunday afternoon. Heads up for post holing.

mtbr member
    td is a ripping good time, postholes or not. but i'd prefer not. rode it monday and it wasn't too bad.

seems like every time i ride pink beaver, there are always horseypostholes. what's up with that? it's softer dirt that a lot of the more mature trails, but still... do they like that route for some reason?
    :: hf ::

ball sack
    Oct 2013
    Steakhouse, BonHouse, BonBon, Moonraker, MouseTrap and Outback are also in prime condition. Get it while you can. Some of these are scheduled for the axe in the near future, correct? Someone took out that surprise tree stump right at the end of the extension. Even though I knew it was there, it still was a surprise every time I came to that spot.

mtbr member
    sounds like cutting on the forest gnome area 6-8 weeks away

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Good to know. I believe Slop will pull together a huge re-building party once the logging is complete and the area is safe to go back. Will be interesting to see what views come from that area.

mtbr member
    good point about a views there. i hadn't thought of that. i bet if we get a view to the west, it'll be like the one at the top of full bench only better, cause you're a bit higher.

it was a shame to lose tetherball (and lf and ft for the little while they were out of commission), but the view from bigrock is epic now.Upper Beaver Pond: T-West-wp_001257.jpg