mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Update on Reopening the Victor Falls Trails

The developer of Cascada filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy on Oct 17. Cascadia Project LLC has defaulted on two loans totaling $72.9 million including interest and fees. The Komo News article can be found here http://www.komonews.com/news/64669337.html
    I contacted Cascada on reopening the victor falls trails two months ago and received this response to my email today;

Travis,

I received your email about the Cascadia mountain biking Trails. We very much like to work with community organizations as often as we can to benefit the greater Pierce County community. Your offer to rebuild and reopen trails on Cascadia is much appreciated, but we have to decline at this time. Our property is currently under active development, with many of the “trails” being used by construction vehicles and more areas of the site slated to be opened to new construction activity in the near future. It is simply not safe for bikers to be on the site. In the future as our development progresses, we would welcome sitting down with you to see if we can work together, but for safety and liability reasons we can’t entertain that now.

Feel free to contact me periodically or visit our website to get updates on our progress. Thanks.

Tom Uren P.E.

V.P. Director of Engineering

11232 NE 15th Street

Suite 201

Bellevue, WA 98004

425.646.3037 Tel

425.646.0242 Fax

206.947.2566 Cel

Moist and Delicious
    At least you got a kind reply.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Had my hopes up for a second there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Sounds like there might be a bit of hope for the future though. Let's see what they say when they start developing the hiking trails. Hopefully they will be open to a few permanent biking trails.