Slothful dirt hippie

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Trouble on North Fork Taneum... keep your eyes open

From Mikki Douglass of the CE ranger district off the CE ORV FB group:

"If anyone riding out in the Taneum area this past weekend ENCOUNTERED any one throwing debris on the trail or in any way ENDANGERING other trail users, PLEASE send me a message and provide location of incident, description of people (if you saw them), or condition of the trail.... mdouglass@fs.fed.us Or PM me on FB. Thanks and keep your eyes open out there as we have had several reports so far....I don't want anyone getting hurt."

Some responses/other posts make the situation a little clearer:

"I got a report from two riders that two hikers were hostile and blocked a bridge crossing on 1377 [NF Taneum], riders said they were polite two the hikers. Hikers moved debris then reblocked trail after letting riders through, asked riders to stay off 1377"

"Riding back on 1377[NF Taneum] today some kind soul(s) placed several logs across the trail between 1377.2[Lightning Point] and 1378[Fishhook Flats]. Just enough to ruin your day if you're not paying attention."

This is one of the most popular moto/MTB trails in the drainage, if not the county. I have a lot more I *could* say... but I'm stopping here.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Great trails, I hope the perps get caught before anybody gets hurt. I first rode those in '88 while at CWU as a new mountain biker, but it's been a few years since I've been there.