Slothful dirt hippie

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Trouble on North Fork Taneum... keep your eyes open

From Mikki Douglass of the CE ranger district off the CE ORV FB group:

"If anyone riding out in the Taneum area this past weekend ENCOUNTERED any one throwing debris on the trail or in any way ENDANGERING other trail users, PLEASE send me a message and provide location of incident, description of people (if you saw them), or condition of the trail.... Or PM me on FB. Thanks and keep your eyes open out there as we have had several reports so far....I don't want anyone getting hurt."

Some responses/other posts make the situation a little clearer:

"I got a report from two riders that two hikers were hostile and blocked a bridge crossing on 1377 [NF Taneum], riders said they were polite two the hikers. Hikers moved debris then reblocked trail after letting riders through, asked riders to stay off 1377"

"Riding back on 1377[NF Taneum] today some kind soul(s) placed several logs across the trail between 1377.2[Lightning Point] and 1378[Fishhook Flats]. Just enough to ruin your day if you're not paying attention."

This is one of the most popular moto/MTB trails in the drainage, if not the county. I have a lot more I *could* say... but I'm stopping here.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Great trails, I hope the perps get caught before anybody gets hurt. I first rode those in '88 while at CWU as a new mountain biker, but it's been a few years since I've been there.