mtbr member
    Jul 2007

transferring switchbacks.com data to GPS

In an effort to bombard Borneo with GPS related threads until he feels the necessity to break down and buy one Does anyone know how to get the entire mapset from switchbacks.com onto their Garmin GPS? I have it in my Mapsource and can see the trails when I switch from the waypoint manager to the Northwest trails mapset, but can't get the trails up over to my GPS.

I did click the link to the GPS mapper, but I have no idea what that is or if I need it. I also noticed that it said I need .net, and last time I downloaded that onto my computer the whole thing blew up. So really I am looking for an easy way to click "send the maps to my GPS"

Anyone got some tips for me?

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Climber
    In an effort to bombard Borneo with GPS related threads until he feels the necessity to break down and buy one Does anyone know how to get the entire mapset from switchbacks.com onto their Garmin GPS? I have it in my Mapsource and can see the trails when I switch from the waypoint manager to the Northwest trails mapset, but can't get the trails up over to my GPS.

I did click the link to the GPS mapper, but I have no idea what that is or if I need it. I also noticed that it said I need .net, and last time I downloaded that onto my computer the whole thing blew up. So really I am looking for an easy way to click "send the maps to my GPS"

Anyone got some tips for me?
    I believe the Mapsource program has a "Transfer" option up top. I think if you click on that, it gives you the "send to device" option. Of course, you'll need to have it hooked up to the computer by then, but you get the point.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.

EB

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    I believe the Mapsource program has a "Transfer" option up top. I think if you click on that, it gives you the "send to device" option. Of course, you'll need to have it hooked up to the computer by then, but you get the point.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.

EB

Thanks EB, I think that works for transferring single files, but from the limited amount I can figure out to get all of the trails on switchbacks to the GPS it's like installing a new map. When I hit the send to device button I get an error that I need to select a route or waypoint, but there is none to select.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Hehehehe...

There IS an easier way.

Just don't do it at all....

That's ok I'll walk it...
    In Mapsource slect Northwest Trails then goto Tools and select Map. From there click on the sections of the map you want to upload. You should see sections of the map highlighted. Select Transfer and the Map should be checked.

Members who have read this thread: 0