• 11-29-2012
    PublicEnemy
    Trails in WA that can be shuttled?
    So I'm curious what trails in WA are good shuttles? What are the best steepest/gnarly/technical trails in Washington that can be shuttled? We have a little 110cc dirt bike we ride up the logging roads to retrieve the car to cut out all uphill climbs (well most of them):D.

So far I know:
    Capitol Forest (Olympia)
    Devils Gulch (Cashmere)
    Lake Kachess Ridge (Easton)
  • 11-30-2012
    Summit Ridge Guy
    What? Trails that are good shuttles? Is this new trail criteria. I thought the climbs are part of the adventure!!! :skep:
  • 11-30-2012
    Borneo
    Yep, that's all of them. No more out there....
  • 11-30-2012
    shiggy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
    So I'm curious what trails in WA are good shuttles? What are the best steepest/gnarly/technical trails in Washington that can be shuttled? We have a little 110cc dirt bike we ride up the logging roads to retrieve the car to cut out all uphill climbs (well most of them):D.

So far I know:
    Capitol Forest (Olympia)
    Devils Gulch (Cashmere)
    Lake Kachess Ridge (Easton)

Devils Gulch is not steep, gnarly, or technical. And when the gates are locked the dirt road is closed to motor vehicles so your shuttle goes through Wenatchee.

Tough to avoid the downhill climbs.
  • 11-30-2012
    jjcarr
    You could do a 2-car setup, drop in at Duthie and end at the bottom of Grand Ridge. FYI, I'm fat and slow, but if you want to shuttle it sometime let me know.
  • 11-30-2012
    dawgman25
    You would be much better off starting at Grand Ridge on top and ending at Duthie if we are talking shuttles and maximizing downhill.
  • 11-30-2012
    J.R.A.
    How bout Sun Top and Palisades? Both are long climbs and have some of the funest downhill sections in Washington.
  • 11-30-2012
    J.R.A.
    Here's one more, Lewis River Trial.
  • 11-30-2012
    jlf.ski.bike.sail
    you should check out ****, its sick. its off of **** next to ****.

jk... check out the trail network in cold creek, near camas WA.
  • 11-30-2012
    sgsrider
    2nd on suntop/ranger...good stuff, but it's nearing the end of the season for it. there's also 38 in snowqualmie, some good stuff in leaventworth, and I have to agree on cold creek in SW washington, that has some techy rock ridge sections up top by the towers that are really fun. makes you pay attention to your line.
  • 11-30-2012
    dawgman25
    Can you do Suntop and Ranger on the same day if you are shuttling with 2 cars?
  • 11-30-2012
    Eerie
  • 11-30-2012
    Borneo
    cASCADE tRIPLE dOWN
    Yep, 4 riders, one truck. Deep, Ranger, Palisades, Sun Top. All in one day. each one takes a turn driving back down. 3 rides each. (Unless a most awesome rider's wife decides to take a couple legs and you get to do all 4....) :thumbsup:
  • 11-30-2012
    dawgman25
    That sounds like a hell of a shuttle day. I will have to put that on the list for next year for sure. May have to put a post regarding this one next summer to figure it out.
  • 12-07-2012
    Tarekith
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Yep, 4 riders, one truck. Deep, Ranger, Palisades, Sun Top. All in one day. each one takes a turn driving back down. 3 rides each. (Unless a most awesome rider's wife decides to take a couple legs and you get to do all 4....) :thumbsup:

My friend Daniel still brags about that ride, even if his brake wasn't working very well at first. :)
  • 12-07-2012
    Borneo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    My friend Daniel still brags about that ride, even if his brake wasn't working very well at first. :)

He should. It was pretty awesome. :thumbsup: Still a big day that many can't or won't do...
  • 12-07-2012
    snwwlkr
    Pedal, it's healthier for you.
  • 12-08-2012
    formica
    There are some great rides on the Kettle Crest.
  • 12-08-2012
    shiggy
    Rock Mt/Nason Ridge. Of course there is a 2-3 hour trail climb before the descending starts.
  • 12-08-2012
    ACree
    Juniper ridge makes a good shuttle. Icicle ridge can also be a shuttle to cut out the pavement.
  • 12-09-2012
    Mr. Lynch
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Borneo View Post

even when you shuttle all that, you still get a lot of climbing in.
    I prefer the 2 cars, 6 riders, and one guy who gets tired after Suntop and drives the rest of the day !

My favorite 410 trail is Deep creek, but only when we shuttle. It is too short to do after climbing up Corral Pass.
  • 12-11-2012
    PublicEnemy
    Does anyone recognize this trail? I'm guessing somewhere in bellingham....
    Downhill with Joel Spackman!! - YouTube