mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Trails near Belfair / Hood Canal?

Does anyone have beta on trails our near belfair / Hood Canal? I've got family out there and it would be great to add some riding to weekends visiting!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Hood Canal is basically right next to the Port Gamble trail system, this is pretty extensive, you could pretty easily put in a full day's ride exploring out there.

Closer to Belfair, there is a pretty good (and growing) trail system at 360 Park, near Wauna. You could probably ride everything at 360 in 60-90 minutes, but it's a fun workout. These trails are particularly good in wet weather.

Both trail systems are pretty well documented on the Evergreen site, Trailforks and the other regular resources.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    360 is probably 20 minutes from Belfair, and well worth checking out. Port Gamble is probably 30-40 minutes from Belfair, also a very cool place. There are miles and miles of moto trails all around North/NW of Belfair, I haven't ridden mtb there in 25 years, but a friend very recently rode moto there. His truck got broken into, so ride to the trailhead from the family house if you can. Odds are there is some trail you can access from near to your family's place.
    Take a look at strava heat maps, and strava segment explorer and you should get some ideas of where to start riding.
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

mtbr member
    Banner Forest is mellow but very nice riding.
    I haven't been to Tahuya in a long while, but they have a ton of trails (watch out for the motos).
    Green Mtn is a long climb with the resulting great downhill, but again it can include motorcycles! and the parking area is notorious for break ins (I have never had a problem there)
    360 is fun and close.