mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Trails around Spokane

I rode saltese uplands about 3 weeks ago on my fat bike and while wet it was mostly rideable, with a few big mud puddles and rivulets running off the hillside. Haven't been out since and we've had decent snow and now lots of rain. Anybody been on Spokane or CDA trails and have condition updates?

mtbr member
    Saltese was in pretty good shape last week. Beacon is good in places, wet in others. It should dry out quick once the rain lets up. If you want to drive, the state patrol trails in Pasco are good right now. We're heading to Ancient Lakes near Quincy tomorrow. Sounds like conditions are good there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    while the dirt at the state patrol trail was excellent today, they're hardly worth the drive.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalas7 View Post
    while the dirt at the state patrol trail was excellent today, they're hardly worth the drive.
    We went a few weeks ago when we woke up to a Sunday morning of snow and nothing around here was clear yet. Two hours, 10+ degrees warmer and sunshine...it was worth it that day. Plus, a change of scenery is nice, and getting lunch in a place you normally don't go is a treat. In the early season, state patrol, Echo, Beezly, etc are nice getaways. We hit Ancient Lakes today and had lunch in Moses Lake at Rock Top Burgers...highly recommended.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    You know, you're right. And the trails have had a lot of great work put into them, with some nice wooden features. I guess it's just that I like longer, steeper trails than those.

I didn't mean to put down the work people have put into State Patrol trails.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Beacon is in fantastic shape right now. Riverside I am told still has a lot of snow, plus with the river level you just know the shoreline trail will be under water. Canfield I hear still is a mess.

mtbr member
    I heard Beacon was pretty wet on Saturday. I'm pretty sure whenever there is a puddle or horses ride on a soft trail, it's the trail builder's fault ;-) Sadly, even the best built trails can require lots of maintenance. Drains fill, sediment and vegetation build up on the outer edge of the trail..... Off the Grid on Tiger needs all the drains cleaned at least twice a year.