mtbr member

Trails around Leavenworth?

I'm heading over to Leavenworth tomorrow, camping on Icicle Creek and looking for some info on trails on the area. Any recomendations, any ideas of current conditions?

Zanadoo sounds like it might be worth trying, but I understand there are a couple of difficult sections on the way down. Are you able to walk around them if they feel too difficult for me to try? I've heard Icicle Ridge is a lot of fun, but can't find much info about it.
    Humans are unique in having the ability to learn from others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Wenatchee Outdoor has a good trail listing.

Still snow on Freund Canyon as of last weekend.

Xanadu.... Yes, you can walk them. Though riding may be easier in a few places!

Icicle will have snow until next year at the rate we are going. Plus, not sure you want to do the hike a bike....

Drive a bit farther to Wenatchee and do Sage Hills. You'll be glad you dd.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    You also might drop by Das Rad Haus in Leavenworth for local intel:

Das Rad Haus | Ride The Cascades | Leavenworth WA

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The Wenatchee Outdoor site is a bit of a challenge to find, at least it was for me. As such, I saved the link: Guide Book: Mountain Biking

mtbr member
    Camped out at eightmile CG last week. Didn't find many places without snow near there. I ended up driving out to ancient lakes the next day, place is awesome! Sage hills is a bit closer, can't go wrong either way.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time