mtbr member
    May 2013

Trails around Forks?

I am in the middle of a two-week RV trip around the Olympic Peninsula with my family. I've ridden Banner Forest near Gig Harbor and the ODT/Adventure Section near Port Angeles.
    I am now in Forks for three days and then in Westport for another three days.
    Are there any trails at all near Forks? I am not opposed to driving a few miles to get to trail heads.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    The closest you have is Mt. Muller which is about a half hour away. Cool ride with a BIG climb, great views and a fun descent.

South of Forks (2 hour plus drive to trailhead) you have the Humptulips river trail. It is a cool primitive trail thru thick forest and you cross the river a bunch. It's a good time of the year to check it out, but not really worth the drive unless your going to be near it anyway.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Muller: One of the most "epic" short 12 milers one can do.... Steady climb, fun ridge riding, huge blueberries in season(now?), and a real fun descent back to the car.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Thank you for the suggestions. I will do the Mt Muller trail today - taking the family to the Sol Duc hotsprings first, then onto the Mt Muller trail head.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Don't forget about the Olympic Discovery Trail.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Trails around Forks?

I did the adventure section of the ODT a few days ago. Loved it.
    I attempted Mt. Muller today but had to turn around. I started way too late (6pm) and took far longer for the climb than anticipated. I had to push most of the first 2.5 miles, I'm afraid to admit. That unrelenting climb was brutal. I hadn't made it to the ridge top by my set turn-around time of 7pm, so I pointed the bike downhill and descended. Hated to have to do that, but I would have hated trying to complete the last few miles of the loop in darkness with nothing but a flashlight even more.