Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wrenchhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23

    Trail names in Tolt McDonald park

    I've put together a very accurate trail map for Told McDonald park. Any chance anyone would know trail names. I have the map off of Dirtworld.com but they are not all readable. I have also acquired other maps but still the same problem. The map I've put together includes all trails including the south west corner. The map is true to form, thanks to GPS and photos from space. I would like to make it available upon completion. You can e-mail me at randjwa@hotmail.com

  2. #2
    semi-evolved simian
    Reputation: Mine'sAPint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I've put together a very accurate trail map for Told McDonald park. Any chance anyone would know trail names. I have the map off of Dirtworld.com but they are not all readable. I have also acquired other maps but still the same problem. The map I've put together includes all trails including the south west corner. The map is true to form, thanks to GPS and photos from space. I would like to make it available upon completion. You can e-mail me at randjwa@hotmail.com
    Check out this one:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~ianmrae/tolt_map.gif

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wrenchhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23

    Nice!

    That's what I'm lookin for. I'll post it as soon as it's completed. Thanks

    If any one else knows more names please reply
    Last edited by Wrenchhead; 02-22-2004 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Wanted to say more

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Mine'sAPint
    what's the date of creation for that map? it looks very accurate and like it has most of the newer trails already incorportated into it.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wrenchhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23

    Try this one

    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    semi-evolved simian
    Reputation: Mine'sAPint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by switch
    what's the date of creation for that map? it looks very accurate and like it has most of the newer trails already incorportated into it.
    Dunno dude, I just stumbled across it on the web and made sure to save me a copy

  7. #7
    semi-evolved simian
    Reputation: Mine'sAPint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
    Well damn, that's a great map!! Thanks! Are you able to overlay the trails onto a topo map ? I'd love to see that too

  8. #8
    Drinkin' Buddy
    Reputation: Blowout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    155

    Wanring...

    That map is very much not to scale. I have a topo map with trails maked on it that I will try to either scan and post or find where on the web I found it and link to it. I think it has less trails marked, but with that map and the tope map, one could make some ejikated guesses as to where the newer trails are.
    Got Beer?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: switch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
    hey the image isn't showing up on my computer for some reason.
    could you email it to me? Thanks
    tim62678@yahoo.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wrenchhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowout
    That map is very much not to scale. .

    This map is modeled from the topo.

    I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

    I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wrenchhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23

    How's this

    Quote Originally Posted by Mine'sAPint
    Well damn, that's a great map!! Thanks! Are you able to overlay the trails onto a topo map ? I'd love to see that too

    Hope this is good enough
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #12
    Garden gnome
    Reputation: Bocephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    This map is modeled from the topo.

    I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

    I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
    "If I throw a dog a bone, I don't wanna know if it tastes good or not!" - Bricktop

  13. #13
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,392

    Thanks

    Thats a kick-ass map. I'm going to go print it out on 11x17!

    Thanks for your efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy

  14. #14
    Drinkin' Buddy
    Reputation: Blowout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    155

    Many apologies

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    This map is modeled from the topo.

    I share my map and you complain. Do you get lost in when you're in the park? Use the map and if doesn't help you find your way, then complain. I know this park and I never get lost. It's posible I missed a trail, nobodys perfect but there are more trails on this map than any other availible.

    I'll even give you the topo. Take it out and use it, compare it and then tell me I'm wrong.
    Wrenchhead-
    Sorry about that, I had a map that looked very similar to yours when I first went out to Tolt several years ago and it was out of scale. The topo map is the one that I was going to try to post tonight. Thanks for the great map. I meant no offense, I was merely mistaken.
    Kyle
    Got Beer?

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: englishsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9

    Thanks for the updated map

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
    Thanks for the updated map!

    keep the rubber side down...

    ...jo

  16. #16
    JRA
    JRA is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    605

    MikkyD Map

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchhead
    I just finished it. You'll find it hard to find one more accurate. Enjoy
    That's a great map. Good work. I think there might be a trail north of the water tower called "Fern World" or something like that. Doesn't really matter though. Thankx for sharing!

Similar Threads

  1. CO MSC series anti trail maintenance? (xpost to Passion)
    By ignazjr in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 11:33 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •