mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Tolt - A word of warning

If you should choose to ride that new trail at Tolt (Tolt - New Trail), be careful. We were out there this morning and just as I was getting ready to take a little float off of the first drop, I noticed a pile of large logs stacked across the trail (right smack in the landing zone). I was barely able to veer off into the bushes to avoid going into this obstacle.

As we looked down the trail, we could see that there were more log piles and miscellaneous branches spread across the trail. Just about every 20 to 30 feet, there was another obstacle. Some of these were quite large – it took two or three of us to move some of them. Some of the features have been destroyed. The trail has been cleared (for now).

Over 200 man-hours…
    Very frustrating - why would somebody do this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tolt - A word of warning-toltdamage.jpg  

Mike

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Lame.
    The quiver: 2010 Santa Cruz Nomad, 2011 Specialized Demo II, 2011 Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Put a King County approved sign up at the top and bottom. Gotta be uptight locals that think you are paoching something ion on county property. The bad part is that either they do know someone could get hurt or they just don't care... Hope it gets resolved soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Rode the trail x2 as part of the tuesday tolt sampler. Rave reviews. Thanks for all the hard work. Trail was clear. Also saw a bear just above the big sign on ITB.

mtbr member
    Was like that from top to bottom when I was out there a couple weeks ago. I thought it was just the builders blocking it temp for the dirt to wet up.