mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Tolt - New Trail

Here is a quick glimpse of the new trail at Tolt.

Tolt - New Trail - YouTube
    or
    TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
    or
    Tolt - New Trail - YouTube

You can find the start of this trail just to the west of the western end of Fern World.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Cool!!!

Now if I can just find fernworld... somewhere around the watertower???

have to find an old map... or just explore... more fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Holy crap, somebody put some Tokul in my Tolt!

I think you just gave me a reason to return. Awesome!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have to second that Doug. Looks a little like what I just rode and filmed too about an hour ago. Maybe tomorrow after work I'll have to ride this....

Assuming you have to climb back out on the old jeep road, right Mike?

Yes, up past the water tower. Down the road to the bend, stay straight into the woods and look to the right. Fernword comes out on teh West end by Root 86.

mtbr member
    OMG it looks really fun but so rough in spots. plz post a follow up on when it gets groomed out better for someone on 29er HT,,, but Major Kudos to trail builders, Thank You guys!
    Ride ON!
    Just a bike geek. Rode since 4 yo & still love BMX. MTBer since '86... "Life is a Circle"

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEasthill View Post
    OMG it looks really fun but so rough in spots. plz post a follow up on when it gets groomed out better for someone on 29er HT,,, but Major Kudos to trail builders, Thank You guys!
    5 years on the big wheels here, from hard-tail SS to 1" soft-tail to 5" AM... Forgive my directness, but WHAT?

The 29er excels at stuff that isn't too "groomed out" The 29er grooms as it rolls.

Methinks the rider may just need more practice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Here's a map

This is a short trail. The next one will be much longer (if we can get some help).
    Many thanks to the following:
    Donnell
    John
    Alan
    Sean
    Wayne
    Randy
    Kent
    Brett
    Mark

Bob - exit route is either to the left and up the road (like you mentioned) or to the right and follow the single track back up - either way, it's a bit of a climb (for Tolt, anyway).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tolt - New Trail-tolt-north.jpg  

Last edited by flint; 04-23-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Mike

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I see the Ridge Trail is still on there, maybe that's a good route back up too.

Thanks for all the work.

mtbr member
    Looks like Tolt is going back on the ride rotation. Haven't been there in years. Basically since Duthie started and Tokul East got really good. Thanks for all the work.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    So, EnduroDoug and I rode it a couple times this afternoon. Still soft and a little slow and that berm after the second drop sure comes up fast. Fun little section and is a little more tech than the video portrays. Fernworld sure has some deep organic pits.

Then we rode up the Ridge to Roller Coaster to Water Tower and then did a quick loop through the usuals. Some nice dry sections with the usual smattering of ride around mud holes. Typical Tolt. First time we've seen the new "views" up there. Pretty cool to see the top of Full Bench.

I posted something a while back about the apparent drop in use up there and it still shows. I have not been in maybe 2 seasons and I live pretty close and like Navigator said, there really hasn't been much reason to go there. It was fun. But, not as fun as elsewhere in the valley IMHO. The new trails in the park proper help though.

Fat-tired Roadie
    Looks like fun, I'll have to try to find it.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Neato,
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    I just remembered why I stopped riding Tolt. The last time was at night. Went down a short ramp on toothpick pointing my light low...then BOOM! clothes-lined at the shoulders by an invisible blowdown right off the bike. Bad mojo after that...I'll be back.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Gotta agree with Borneo. I hadn't ridden Tolt in daylight in, well I really can't remember when. It was fun, and the new trail is a nice addition, but I'll probably continue to just do a couple night rides each year out there. I find that I enjoy Tolt a lot more if I only ride it 2-3x a year. But thanks for the hard work! It should set in nicely in the coming months!