mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul West Update - lower trails

There is new logging operations beginning in Tokul West lower trails which include Full Bench, Monster, Bear, etc. this land is managed by Tokul Timber and has no affiliation with Hancock. I approached them on the way to Full Bench from below. The loggers definitely made it known through the course of our conversation that I should not be on the Tokul Timber land. Their disdain for my presence was not relieved even after explaining I was looking for a new reroute potential of Full Bench to keep the trail on Hancock properties.

Please respect the property owners no trepassing signs and consider these trails closed. Evergreen is aware of this new logging and will be providing an updated map soon.

This does make me appreciate even more the extra efforts Hancock Forestry has provided MTB trail builders and riders.

Cheers,
    Mike

I didn't do it
    The ownership issue is news to me, I think I just assumed that was part of Hancock land. Does this closure include some of the other westside trails like Bra, etc? Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Bra is part of those lower trails...Sargent Wells too. Bobsled is still open to public use.

The soon to be Tokul West map should provide property lines between Tokul Timber and Hancock.

Cheers,
    Mike

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Same guy (Bruce McCaw) that bought Griffin and closed it to public access. The King County parcel viewer will show you the legal parcels overlaid on a satellite photo and you can see the legal ownership.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Wondering who they paid to get in there and log? I was told there was no access from the North so I wonder if Hancock is getting more money for use of their roads...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul West Update - lower trails

They appeared to have come from the North. There were no tire or tractor tracks on the road going up to the top of Bobsled. That would be the only way to approach from Hancock property.

Cheers,
    Mike

I didn't do it
    The title for this movie should be The Incredible Shrinking Riding Area. This Bruce McCaw feller is really doing a number on access around here. Hopefully he won't be expanding his holdings on the area forests any more.