Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tokul West trails update.

5K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  paleo 
#1 ·
Today, I was able to clear out(brush & blower) the Pink trails(Pink Ribbon, bypass, Beaver, & bump line). They should be great tomorrow and this weekend.

Cheers,

#2 ·
In just the three hours or so between Mike's ride this morning and mine at noon, the loggers from the Tokul Timber LLC (TTLLC) ran a track-hoe along the SE corner of their property where it abuts the Hancock and Scott Oki properties. This is where Bobsled enters the TTLLC property briefly before turning back to the east and heads up the hill on Hancock property. They pretty much obliterated part of the trail, knocked trees down across it, and felled a tree on the trail going up the hill.

Slop is out there taking some pictures and will probably post them.

Best to avoid it for now unless you want to work on trail tread and cutting up trees. :(

#3 ·
Slop and I plus a couple other locals rode the Tokul West trails this morning as a rolling work party. Several key notes.
1. We took down the trails signs for the Upper Outback to BonBon area as requested by Hancock. They are prepping to log that area as previously noted. Evergreen will provide an official statement in the next couple days.
2. Several blow downs of chainsaw size were Found today.
There are blowdowns on;
-Pink Ribbon near the bottom.
-Pink Ribbon bypass.
-Outback near the bottom.
-North side of creek crossing between Outback and Middle.
Slop and I are coordinating with the Evergreen loggers to drive them in and help remove these. Please let us know if you come across any other blowdowns in the Tokul woods so we can tackle them in one day.
Lots of new small derailleur busting sticks and wind debris on the trails that will get cleaned up soon.

3. Slop and I also scouted a reroute for Bobsled that'll keep the trail on Hancock property.

Cheers,
Mike

#6 ·
Mike,

I will be heading up there today to help clean up. Does Evergreen have to do the cutting or could I do it myself. I have a smaller packable saw that I could go take care of the blow downs. I understand if this is not okay, and will wait for your approval or disapproval. I should be up there around noon today to help clear up some of the brush. Look forward to hearing from you.

Also Could you send me a Slops name so I could contact him about maybe helping out with his trail.

Thank You,

Matt

#7 ·
Sorry I missed you up there Matt.

Len and I got the known blowdowns taken care this morning by about 10. I went back up and took the blower back to Pink trails.

Hopefully, working on Beaver Pond later this week. Maybe Wed or Fri morning.

Cheers,
Mike

#8 ·
No worries mike. I went and road a little bit today. Your work and time is much appreciated. The trails are looking amazing, except for the horse prints. I saw that they are building a new logging road at the end of what I believe Swamp Thing. There was a guy with a big track hoe in there unfortunately.

PM or call me if you guys do decide to do some work. I am available to put in some time those days.

Thanks,

Matt

#9 ·
No worries mike. I went and road a little bit today. Your work and time is much appreciated. The trails are looking amazing, except for the horse prints. I saw that they are building a new logging road at the end of what I believe Swamp Thing. There was a guy with a big track hoe in there unfortunately.

PM or call me if you guys do decide to do some work. I am available to put in some time those days.

Thanks,

Matt
The trail that was being cleared is partly old road bed and is known as Bon Bon. It is also used as the connector between east and west, with Golden Spike. The road/trail being cleared and revamped is the one that accesses the top of Upper Outback and Mousetrap down to Bon Bon.

Were you in the group of three guys I kept running into this afternoon? :)

#11 ·
I was able to get out and brush & blow Middle and PoopyD today. I'll be back to clear drains when we get some rain.
Also...wanted to update you all about the bottom of BobSled being rerouted. Slop has headed up several work parties and great progress has been made. Most of it is completed but is still rough in places. Trail signs have been moved to show the new entrance and the trail can be ridden up but is ripping fast going DH.

We even got Glenn out there this last Sunday to enjoy some Tokul West trails. Loads of MTB folk out there too enjoying the dry sunny day.

Cheers,
Mike

#15 ·
Uncle Dean, make a point of dropping or climbing BS and let us know what you think. Also, you may see some activity East of Small fries in the near future.... ;)

I think the new name I've heard for the "bump line" is "Tokyo Drift". It will be getting more love soon as well.

#21 ·
Small Fries and Curly Fries got some love last night. (Curly Fries is the section that heads south off of Small Fries towards the start of Kamikaze.) And yes, I hope to connect that across the flats back toward the clearing and Steak House etc. It will be much slower going that the other Fries trails.

Also rode the new BS. Thanks to all who redid it. Very DHish. Can't wait till it is packed. Good job to all that worked it.

#24 ·
Slop advised me that TD is the old Dirt Corps PR extension.... Below, to the SVT and not Jerry...

Good to have confusion over too many trails versus having to discuss only just one....

Slop and I will be up on Lower Bobsled tomorrow morning working on a good excuse for a second helping of turkey. If anyone else can get out.

#26 ·
Update: Slop and I went back up and finished the Bobsled reroute off the McCaw property. It's good to go all the way down now. Noticed lots of new bike tracks in the past 2 days so, so good to see it getting ridden in. Rest of the trails were in amazing shape given the time of year. Thanks to everyone for keeping them in such good shape. Rode Small Fries to Curly and have an idea UncleDeanXC for cutting across the top and using that horsey trail. Great day out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.