EMBA Member

Tokul West conditions

FWIW, this evening I went on bobsled, middle, steak house, bon house, bon bon, moonraker, mouse trap, outback + extension, outhouse, poopy d and beaver pond. I expected more debris - maybe someone has already cleared a lot of stuff? I did drag a log off lower bobsled. There were branches from a downed tree sticking out onto moonraker. Easy cleanup with loppers or even hand clippers.

Most of the way up bobsled is this

Tokul West conditions-bobsled-tree-10-2-2013.jpg

And maybe a third of the way up middle is this

Tokul West conditions-middle-tree-10-2-2013.jpg

The middle tree especially and probably the other one could be cleared with a decent hand saw - which I was not packing.

I'll bring it with me next time I'm out there and spend some time on these downed trees.

Besides that, the trails were super grippy and a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Good to know. Thanks for posting!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Trees are gone. Took care of the one on Bobsled but there is a leaner there that I'll take care of when I have more riders with me. Also cleared the one on Middle at the switchback. Cleared the one that was at the intersection of Moonraker and Mousetrap.

Trails were still in good shape. I'll wait a couple more weeks before clearing the trails of leaves because they have not all fallen yet.

Cheers,
    Mike

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Nice! I was going to get those next time I'm out. It's that time of year to keep a saw in my pack.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul West conditions

Tis that time to carry the BigBoy 2000XL! :-)

Did you notice the other huge blowdown on Outback? It broke in such a way to form a perfect arch over the trail. Easy to miss if your carrying speed but kind of cool.

Cheers,
    Mike

EMBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcracken View Post
    Tis that time to carry the BigBoy 2000XL! :-)

Did you notice the other huge blowdown on Outback? It broke in such a way to form a perfect arch over the trail. Easy to miss if your carrying speed but kind of cool.

Cheers,
    Mike

Dang - I don't know how I could have missed that although usually on Outback I'm 100% eyes on the trail. Thanks for clearing the trees. Now, I need to lookup bigboy 2000xl. I want to get a larger packable saw than the one I have, but the good ones I've seen so far don't come with a sheath.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbcracken View Post
    Trees are gone. Took care of the one on Bobsled but there is a leaner there that I'll take care of when I have more riders with me. Also cleared the one on Middle at the switchback. Cleared the one that was at the intersection of Moonraker and Mousetrap.

Trails were still in good shape. I'll wait a couple more weeks before clearing the trails of leaves because they have not all fallen yet.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Thanks, Mike! Rode Bobsled, Middle D, Bon Bon, Moonraker, Outhouse, Steakhouse and Outback last night -- everything was clear and running great. Can't believe how well it all drains now! Tip of the hat for all the great work out there.

mtbr member
    Tokul East is running great right now too, just got back from a lovely morning out there with trail dog. Probably the best I've ever seen Midtown, Ivan and KGB are equally good, if a bit overgrown in a few places. No downed trees though.

Was a bit of a shock to see how rutted and eroded FT3K is now that there's no trees to shade it from the heavier rains. Huge channels eroded into most of the downsides of the 'swoopy' section. Still rideable though, just need to go faster now
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    We were talking last night about getting back out and giving Flowtron a proper buffing now that the ground is wet. Might be a few weeks, but it'll happen. I think we can it running good for winter, just needs a day's worth of shaping, raking and smoothing.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

EMBA Member
    This evening, going down Pink Ribbon. I stayed to the left the whole way down, and shortly before you come out on the road, this is across the trail. I marked a map with the approximate location.

Tokul West conditions-pink-ribbon-tree-10-7-2013.jpg

Tokul West conditions-pink-ribbon-map-10-7-2013.jpg