Tokul Grand Tour RR
Not a single puddle even on Golden Spike Sunday. Not sure if I've ever gone faster on Outback. Super-tack!
Here's the route.
Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Tokul Grand Tour near Fall City | Times and Records | Strava
Last edited by Navigator; 11-13-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Ivan XC Public Service Announcement
Glad to hear it! However, gotta remind folks that we need to stay off the XC portion of Ivan -- that's from the gate to just before the pump track. It crosses through private property that does not belong to Hancock, and the owners have made it very clear that they consider any traffic (biking, hiking or otherwise) to be trespassing. They're pissed and have contacted Glen at Evergreen about it.
Originally Posted by Navigator
There's some plans to reroute the top so it stays on the Hancock side of the property lines; but you can already get to the pump track and upper Ivan descent via the decomm'ed skidder road trail that climbs up just before the gravel pit. For you XC peeps, it's all climbable.
To get there:
- Just before you reach the gate on the road, take the left that forks off downhill.
- Follow this road about a half-mile(?) or so.
- You'll see a narrow piece of single-track that climbs, paralleling the road on your right. (If you reach the steep gravel pit on your right, you've gone a little bit too far.)
- At the first right off the single-track, take the skidder road.
- It will climb for 1/8 mile or so, eventually breaking hard left and turning into a short section of single-track that meets up with the old Ivan XC trail.
- Take a left and you're a short climb up the existing trail to the pumptrack.
The beer gnomes appreciate your cooperation.
Last edited by GeePhroh; 11-13-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Reason: added directions for the legal bypass
Good to know since that skidder got a lot of decommishioning at one point... The drop through the slot into the gravel pit is fun too!
Interesting route Navigator. Good to hear about GS and Malcom.
Slop and I were out there Sunday morning, as well. Didn't do the full GS crossover, but it was in pretty good shape, as was everything else. The work on Upper Outback and Mousetrap is great, Lower and the extension were awesome, and the D was fun once we managed to find the entrance. Pink Ribbon was rockin' on the way out, too.
I did a similar route to Navigator this morning. GS was still in great shape but a couple puddles since last nights rain. I also cleared one tree near the bottom of Outhouse but there is still another one a coulpe turns from the top on Outback. I'll get a saw up there tomorrow and clear it. Upper OB was great!
Thanks for the tip on GS...that's what got me over there this morning.
Didn't know about the Ivan ban (or was just in denial). Funny we rode it because we thought it would be going away soon.
I removed references above.